HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Recent Draft Past - Hickey - Teubert

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2010, 12:21 PM
  #26
hangons
Registered User
 
hangons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Westlake Village
Country: United States
Posts: 778
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=SMoneyMonkey;24260057]We're basically finding that out right now with Doughty

Amen! Well said...

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:22 PM
  #27
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault
 
Bad Will Hunting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southie
Posts: 26,206
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjt9864 View Post
when you look at those pretty big draft blunder i would call them, what does everyone think of Lombardi's drafting .. you can even look at his pick of Trevor Lewis a few years back
That wasn't Lombardi's draft. He was highered shortly before that and Al Murray was the one who wanted Lewis. Lombardi even said so in the interviews after they traded Demitra.

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:30 PM
  #28
STANDnFIGHT
Sea Moan Gone Yay!
 
STANDnFIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CALI
Country: United States
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Myers was taken at the time we picked CT.

STANDnFIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:09 PM
  #29
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
This kind of mind numbing, armchair GM, "look how bad you *********-up 2 years after the fact" stuff makes me laugh considering the Kings are better positioned than they have been in even not-so-recent history to make a playoff run, we've got guys like Doughty, Kopitar and Simmonds, and our home grown goaltender just broke the franchise record for wins last night with 20 games remaining in the season.

File this under I guess you can't make everyone happy.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:30 PM
  #30
Jwm1986
Registered User
 
Jwm1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 500
Hickey will be a very good NHLer....most likely will be our #3 for many years to come and will QB our 2nd PP....i still think very highly of him and hes by far our best d prospect

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:33 PM
  #31
jmjt9864
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
seeing as this is a discussion board i find it ironic that all you geniouses do nothing but cut up every post .. i was merely posting what some of the analysts were talking about on tv in case you do not get that type of discussion in the hockey hot bed of the US ... it is no different than any of you offering your misguided analysis of this or that ..

i have sat back for years and read the posts in here and despite disagreeing with some of them, i never found it worth ripping them in the forum .. and ya know, it seems to be all the same people that get all bent out of shape just because they do not happen to agree with what is said .... testy people i tell ya .. must be all that misplaced anger since Canada won the gold .. LMAO

jmjt9864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 07:00 PM
  #32
Fripp
Registered User
 
Fripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 1,856
vCash: 500
He's a top 3 drafting GM in the league. Fact of the matter is that you could go back through every draft and find dozens of players that should have gone higher. Projecting 17 year old kids isn't an exact science.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 07:06 PM
  #33
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANDnFIGHT View Post
Myers was taken at the time we picked CT.
With the pick that Dean traded to Buffalo. Dean and the Buffalo GM wrote down which player they wanted to draft and the deal only went through because they wanted different players. If Dean wanted Myers, he would be with the Kings.

That said, Dean's best work for the Kings has been his drafting. This July 1st will be his biggest moment with the Kings, unless the Kings are the current cup holders.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 01:15 AM
  #34
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,169
vCash: 500
I am not so sure that DL sucks at the draft. Now below I have included what our team may look like with out signing another player or including any draft picks past last year. I have included only prospects with a great chance at making and sticking in the line-up and placed them in there approximate position. Give it 3 years and our team may look like This:

Quick - inherited and D.L signed for 3 more years
Bernier - D.L draft

very solid in net without counting Jones - D.L signing, and Zatkoff - D.L draft

Doughty - D.L draft
Johnson - D.L draft
Hickey - D.L draft and could bloom into a #3 - #6
Scuderi - D.L trade and under contract 3 more years
Green - D.L trade and signed 3 more years
Voinov - D.L draft and could bloom into a #4 - #6
Teubert - D.L draft and could bloom into a #5 - #7
Drewiske - D.L signing and is a #6 -#7 with room to grow

looks very promising on defence

C
Kopitar - inherited and D.L signed under contract 5 more years
Loktionov - D.L draft and could bloom into a #2 - #3
Schenn - D.L draft and could bloom into a #2 - #3
Lewis - D.L draft and could still be a #3 or #4 a la Richardson

potential is there to be great, 1 of Schenn or Loktionov should mature into a top 2.


RW
Brown - inherited and D.L signed under contract 4 more years
Simmonds - D.L draft - future captain material
Richardson -D.L trade- is currently a great bottom 6 player
Parse - inherited
Westgarth - D.L signed - in line to be future enforcer, should see him 2011

Possibly our deepest forward position

LW
* -no real top end LW in system - see if D.L pursues Ilya Kovalchuk
Moller - D.L draft - should be a top 9
Clifford - D.L draft - I am really hoping for a Simmonds/Clune crossbread
Clune - D.L trade - your bottom line banger/energy player

With the potential to sign just 1 UFA a year to add to holes and team depth and as well as to have even half the prospects I listed above develop into what we expect or close to it, I think D.L has drafted wise as well as traded to fill holes with quality players. Remember we should write off the first 2 years of signings as they were self admitted "bridge players".

I also think that Lombardi enjoyed today as he can finally make moves to bolster this team and a year from today he will not hesitate to grab and big name at trade deadline if we keep maturing. He brought in a huge contract in Smyth = big nutsack.

The roster has arrived
The cupboard is full
and the picks are plentiful

so no more b*tchin!

funky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 01:20 AM
  #35
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,917
vCash: 500
Johnson wasn't a DL draft. It was a DL trade.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 01:45 AM
  #36
hangons
Registered User
 
hangons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Westlake Village
Country: United States
Posts: 778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
I am not so sure that DL sucks at the draft. Now below I have included what our team may look like with out signing another player or including any draft picks past last year. I have included only prospects with a great chance at making and sticking in the line-up and placed them in there approximate position. Give it 3 years and our team may look like This:

Quick - inherited and D.L signed for 3 more years
Bernier - D.L draft

very solid in net without counting Jones - D.L signing, and Zatkoff - D.L draft

Doughty - D.L draft
Johnson - D.L draft
Hickey - D.L draft and could bloom into a #3 - #6
Scuderi - D.L trade and under contract 3 more years
Green - D.L trade and signed 3 more years
Voinov - D.L draft and could bloom into a #4 - #6
Teubert - D.L draft and could bloom into a #5 - #7
Drewiske - D.L signing and is a #6 -#7 with room to grow

looks very promising on defence

C
Kopitar - inherited and D.L signed under contract 5 more years
Loktionov - D.L draft and could bloom into a #2 - #3
Schenn - D.L draft and could bloom into a #2 - #3
Lewis - D.L draft and could still be a #3 or #4 a la Richardson

potential is there to be great, 1 of Schenn or Loktionov should mature into a top 2.


RW
Brown - inherited and D.L signed under contract 4 more years
Simmonds - D.L draft - future captain material
Richardson -D.L trade- is currently a great bottom 6 player
Parse - inherited
Westgarth - D.L signed - in line to be future enforcer, should see him 2011

Possibly our deepest forward position

LW
* -no real top end LW in system - see if D.L pursues Ilya Kovalchuk
Moller - D.L draft - should be a top 9
Clifford - D.L draft - I am really hoping for a Simmonds/Clune crossbread
Clune - D.L trade - your bottom line banger/energy player

With the potential to sign just 1 UFA a year to add to holes and team depth and as well as to have even half the prospects I listed above develop into what we expect or close to it, I think D.L has drafted wise as well as traded to fill holes with quality players. Remember we should write off the first 2 years of signings as they were self admitted "bridge players".

I also think that Lombardi enjoyed today as he can finally make moves to bolster this team and a year from today he will not hesitate to grab and big name at trade deadline if we keep maturing. He brought in a huge contract in Smyth = big nutsack.

The roster has arrived
The cupboard is full
and the picks are plentiful

so no more b*tchin!
Scuds was DL Free Agent signing...

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 10:38 AM
  #37
Hendrydoso
Registered User
 
Hendrydoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento
Country: United States
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjt9864 View Post
.. i was merely posting what some of the analysts were talking about on tv in case you do not get that type of discussion in the hockey hot bed of the US ... it is no different than any of you offering your misguided analysis of this or that ..
I have an automatic mental defense mechanism that kicks in when I hear hockey media types talking Kings hockey. This is the perfect example, DL is on record (over and over) as to the eventual make-up of our cup contender, charts galore. He talked about bringing our prospects up through the system, tattoos on ***** and all that. And we know he loves a top notch third line. I expect that at draft day he's targeting certain roles to fill and if no clear prospect is there then he goes to BPA.

My assumption is that the general hockey media don't know any of this, or they don't care.

You can see that I don't post much, however I check these forums daily and I hope this dogpile doesn't stop you from posting here.

Hendrydoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 10:54 AM
  #38
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,684
vCash: 500
Everyone needs to relax on Trevor Lewis, the kid actually showed some signs earlier this year, he's fast and can improve, I hope to see him as our 4th line center in the future and move Richardson to the wing.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 10:59 AM
  #39
Brad Doty
Moderator
\_(ツ)_/
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 15,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjt9864 View Post
seeing as this is a discussion board i find it ironic that all you geniouses do nothing but cut up every post .. i was merely posting what some of the analysts were talking about on tv in case you do not get that type of discussion in the hockey hot bed of the US ... it is no different than any of you offering your misguided analysis of this or that ..

i have sat back for years and read the posts in here and despite disagreeing with some of them, i never found it worth ripping them in the forum .. and ya know, it seems to be all the same people that get all bent out of shape just because they do not happen to agree with what is said .... testy people i tell ya .. must be all that misplaced anger since Canada won the gold .. LMAO
Did no one else find this ironic? Just busting ya.

Look, you said it yourself; it's a discussion board. Maybe no one agrees with you because, well, no one agrees with you. One of Lombardi's strong suits is his drafting, and I don't care what kind of media analysis you're getting in high-and-mighty Canada...You're getting the opinions here of people who watch TONS of hockey and TONS of KINGS hockey...and contrary to popular belief, there are very knowledgeable and passionate fans here who criticize what the media pundits say, as they should. Or are you one of those people that accepts what Don Cherry spews as indisputable fact?

The fact is, every GM has those picks that look awful in retrospect. DLs record is pretty darn solid.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 11:02 AM
  #40
XO
Valar Morghulis
 
XO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,706
vCash: 500
No point in talking about this even. If they had a list of the guys that would become the best a draft, yeah it would look different but this is the way it are. But all fans to every team can look back at drafts and think "oh, why didnt we draft him instead of him".


Last edited by XO: 03-04-2010 at 12:57 PM.
XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.