HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers Top 20 prospects, Spring 2010

Old
03-04-2010, 06:25 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I think there's way too much hype around Ericsson, people talk about the Belfour SO record, Belfour set that record when he was 43 and hadn't been a competent NHL goalie for years, he dominated that league.

So I'm not going to get too excited just yet.
The pimpimg of him is a little much. He is playing in a second tier league. Lets see how he does next year in the top league before the hype gets any further.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 06:37 AM
jb**

Is Kevin Romy still a prospect and any chance he ever coem sover? how is his play?
Bodrov homer said at 1 point over a year ago is the best dman prospect and nhl ready. Has he made any recent comments about him? How has he looked for the phantoms? Shocked Klotz didnt make the top 20.

Old
03-04-2010, 06:38 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
The pimpimg of him is a little much. He is playing in a second tier league. Lets see how he does next year in the top league before the hype gets any further.
As I said before, that "second tier league" is nothing like the difference between the AHL and the NHL.

It's more like taking all the playoff bound NHL teams, putting them in their own league, and calling it the "SEL." Then you take all the non-playoff teams and put them in their own league called the "Allsvenskan." Then the best of the Allsvenskan and the worst of the SEL battle it out at the end of every season in their own tournament to decide who gets to be in the SEL next season.

So before we throw out claims and blanket statements, let's make sure everyone's on the same page first.

He would've been in the SEL this season if not for Jacob Markstrom anyway.

Quote:
Is Kevin Romy still a prospect and any chance he ever coem sover? how is his play?
We lost our window of opportunity to sign him to a contract so he's a UFA. He's playing in the Swiss-A league and appears to be doing decently. Even so, it's the Swiss-A league. There isn't much of a chance the Flyers still have interest in him.

Quote:
Bodrov homer said at 1 point over a year ago is the best dman prospect and nhl ready. Has he made any recent comments about him? How has he looked for the phantoms?
That was before Bodrov's impressively epic meltdown. Seriously, I've never seen a player implode his own career so badly. He had nowhere else to go, so he came to the Flyers who had been looking for him to come over anyway. He's performed decently well with the Phantoms despite arriving out of shape. He's on an AHL contract but will likely get an ELC this offseason.

Quote:
Shocked Klotz didnt make the top 20.
Why would he?

Last edited by CS: 03-04-2010 at 06:53 AM.
CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 06:39 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I wonder if Popov will come over.

I like our D propsects, even if they aren't sure shots. I wish we had a better AHL coach though, even Paddock or Stevens.

Marshall-Bourdon
Lehtivuori-Bertilsson
Bodrov-Hotsetter

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 06:45 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I wonder if Popov will come over.

I like our D propsects, even if they aren't sure shots. I wish we had a better AHL coach though, even Paddock or Stevens.

Marshall-Bourdon
Lehtivuori-Bertilsson
Bodrov-Hotsetter
I have no idea what will happen to Popov. It'd be nice to at least get a closer look at him. He's slowed down considerably though since returning from injury. Thanks for the reminder though. I'll have to ask Alessandro for an update.

As far as our AHL team/coach for next season, I'd love to get Stevens back there, but I'm pretty sure he has his heart set on an NHL job. He will clearly ride Holmgren's coat tails for that impressive turn-around in one offseason.

The team, however, will be stacked. I really can't wait to see all this talent on the Phantoms. God knows we'll have enough contract space next season. It looks like our 50 contract limit is going to go through a bit of a spring cleaning this summer. We lose quite a bit of dead weight.

Old
03-04-2010, 07:27 AM
RoDu

Klotz has zero hockey skills

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 08:05 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
As I said before, that "second tier league" is nothing like the difference between the AHL and the NHL.

It's more like taking all the playoff bound NHL teams, putting them in their own league, and calling it the "SEL." Then you take all the non-playoff teams and put them in their own league called the "Allsvenskan." Then the best of the Allsvenskan and the worst of the SEL battle it out at the end of every season in their own tournament to decide who gets to be in the SEL next season.

So before we throw out claims and blanket statements, let's make sure everyone's on the same page first.

He would've been in the SEL this season if not for Jacob Markstrom anyway.

We lost our window of opportunity to sign him to a contract so he's a UFA. He's playing in the Swiss-A league and appears to be doing decently. Even so, it's the Swiss-A league. There isn't much of a chance the Flyers still have interest in him.

That was before Bodrov's impressively epic meltdown. Seriously, I've never seen a player implode his own career so badly. He had nowhere else to go, so he came to the Flyers who had been looking for him to come over anyway. He's performed decently well with the Phantoms despite arriving out of shape. He's on an AHL contract but will likely get an ELC this offseason.

Why would he?
I understand where your coming from with the goalie. I just have a hard time getting excited yet until he play in a better league. Granted it is good that he is dominating where he is at. However is still a lower league and if he was that good imo he would be playing on some team in the elite league. Maybe I am off base as I forget who bit someone explained how it works over and it made sense. To me though when your that good they find you a way to play.

Is Romy in the top league though over there? I know he allegedly signed a few years agow as supposed to come to camp but never happened. Thought they still help his rights?

I would say and this is just a guess that politics also played a part in bodrovís and his situation. Is he getting quality minutes do you know?
I was absolutely kidding with klotz.

Old
03-04-2010, 08:12 AM
jb**

Quote:
I have no idea what will happen to Popov. It'd be nice to at least get a closer look at him. He's slowed down considerably though since returning from injury. Thanks for the reminder though. I'll have to ask Alessandro for an update.

As far as our AHL team/coach for next season, I'd love to get Stevens back there, but I'm pretty sure he has his heart set on an NHL job. He will clearly ride Holmgren's coat tails for that impressive turn-around in one offseason.

The team, however, will be stacked. I really can't wait to see all this talent on the Phantoms. God knows we'll have enough contract space next season. It looks like our 50 contract limit is going to go through a bit of a spring cleaning this summer. We lose quite a bit of dead weight.
Dont want stevens back . Just a bad fit and dont really think it is a good idea.. I liked that they went out of the organization for gilbert. I have no idea how he has done but apparently not good by what people have said. What I would like to see is a hot shot type of junior coach come in and learn the ropes. They will have a young team again next year. You need a teacher and someone who can develop these guys. Then hopefully the coach progrsses enough that he can take over for laviolette in a few years . Not sure I would say they are stacked, you also need to account that they will bring in a ahl veteran or 2 as well.
I cant see him getting a nhl job anytime soon unless a gm is just blind.

Old
03-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Joey Mac

two guys i most look forward to seeing with the flyers (hopefully) are maroon and marshall

Joey Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 02:09 PM
IrishSniper87

I love your ratings. JVR at 8.0 is spot on.

I love the HF ratings system and scout profile. I'm in an FULL keeper league with a specific salary cap and deep prospect pools and I have numerous prospects I know little about, I just draft based on the scouting reports.

For example, I currently own Brayden Schenn, Nazem Kadri, Brett Maclean, Tyler Cuma, Nick Leddy, Dylan Olsen, Antti Niemi, Scott Glennie and Brandon Sutter (among MANY MANY others who will likely never see the NHL) and the HF ratings help me gauge their collective worth in trade discussions.

I am trying to hold onto my defensemen, Kadri, Schenn and Niemi because these are the only guys I expect will ever crack my lineup and be relevant fantasy wise. (I hate moving defensemen because I tend to play with cheap defensemen so I can pay my obscene goalie salaries).

Anyway, thanks man.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 10:28 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
You mean Sean Curry is not in this team's future?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 11:15 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
You mean Sean Curry is not in this team's future?
I can't see the following getting re-signed:
Dingle -> RFA
Bellamy -> RFA
Duchesne -> RFA
Teslak -> RFA
Clackson -> RFA
Beaulieu -> RFA
Pyorala -> UFA
Ross -> UFA
Mormina -> UFA
Kolanos -> UFA
Ward -> UFA
Backlund -> UFA
Curry -> UFA

The following could get re-signed:
Matsumoto -> RFA
Syvret -> RFA
Laliberte -> RFA
Bodrov -> RFA from AHL only contract
Riopel -> RFA from AHL only contract

The following are returners or have a new ELC for next year:
Legein -> Contract
Kalinski -> Contract
Bourdon -> Contract
Marshall -> Contract
Maroon -> Contract
Nodl -> Contract
Lehtivuori -> Contract
Klotz -> Contract
Wellwood -> Contract
Harper -> Contract
Pither -> Contract
Rinaldo -> Contract
Hostetter -> Contract

The following could get contracts:
Bertilsson (maybe)
Eriksson (highly unlikely)
de Serres (likely)
Labrecque (likely)
Kovar (unlikely)
Phillips (unlikely)
Morrison (no chance)

That's just considering the AHL team and not the Flyers' roster.

Old
03-05-2010, 10:43 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Here's my full version of the Flyers' top 25 prospects (whether or not you agree that they're still prospects.

It's much more in depth since I'm not constrained, and there's a different sort of format to it.

http://www.phinallyphilly.com/2010/0...lyers-add-two/

Caution: It's a LONG read.