HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc named to ECAC All-Rookie team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2010, 04:17 PM
  #1
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,007
vCash: 500
Louis Leblanc named to ECAC All-Rookie team

http://gocrimson.com/sports/mice/200...anc_all-rookie

Quote:
Leblanc is the Crimson's leading scorer with 21 points. He scored all 11 of his goals and registered nine of his 10 assists in league play, leading league freshmen in goals and ranking third in the league in points among rookies. He tied for second in ECAC Hockey with three game-winning goals in league play.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 05:19 PM
  #2
Habsolument
Registered User
 
Habsolument's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: St-Lambert, Qc
Country: Poland
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Kyle Chipchura x2
Your post was most likely sarcastic but

Good for Leblanc. Although he seems to have slowed down down the stretch. Wasn't he at a near PPG pace after 18-20 games?

Habsolument is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 09:10 PM
  #3
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Not surprising, he's among the best rookies in the ECAC this season.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 09:11 PM
  #4
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument View Post
Your post was most likely sarcastic but

Good for Leblanc. Although he seems to have slowed down down the stretch. Wasn't he at a near PPG pace after 18-20 games?
He got injured, it slowed him down a bit.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
  #5
Habnot
 
Habnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
He got injured, it slowed him down a bit.
Saw Harvard play two weeks ago against RPI, not injured just plays on a really crap team and gets ton of attention from opposing teams. He needs better players to offload some of the production on the team but Harvard is foremost an academic institution and not many players can gain access. Still, was the best player on the ice along with another 18 year old for RPI, Jerry D'Amigo.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 09:50 PM
  #6
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,739
vCash: 612
But but but I wish Timmins picked Chris Kreider with his 15 points. 10th on his team in scoring too. Move over Louis.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 09:51 PM
  #7
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
But but but I wish Timmins picked Chris Kreider with his 15 points. 10th on his team in scoring too. Move over Louis.
What the hell are you talking about?

Chris Kreider is going to be a damn good player.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 09:56 PM
  #8
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,739
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
What the hell are you talking about?

Chris Kreider is going to be a damn good player.
I don't doubt that but some people have already second guessed Timmins not even a complete season after he made the pick. A season in which Leblanc has been more successful.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 10:03 PM
  #9
Habnot
 
Habnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I don't doubt that but some people have already second guessed Timmins not even a complete season after he made the pick. A season in which Leblanc has been more successful.
And Krieder plays on a power house BC team with lots of help.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:04 AM
  #10
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 25,883
vCash: 500
This was a given, just as Kristo making the WCHA all rookie team will be.

Congrats to Louis and good luck against Princeton this weekend!

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 11:40 AM
  #11
walsy37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Why is it that the point total are so much lower per game in the NCAA than the Q, OHL CHL? A 30 point season in the NCAA is awesome but a 65 point season in minors is ho hum.

walsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:53 PM
  #12
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 25,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy37 View Post
Why is it that the point total are so much lower per game in the NCAA than the Q, OHL CHL? A 30 point season in the NCAA is awesome but a 65 point season in minors is ho hum.
Number of games played, plus average age of players in the CHL vs the NCAA. In the CHL your playing against kids 16 to 20 years old, with mostly 17-19 year olds. In the NCAA your playing against 18-24 year olds, that are more physicall mature, as often times, the freshman don't play key roles and will have trouble getting good ice time.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 06:42 PM
  #13
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Saw Harvard play two weeks ago against RPI, not injured just plays on a really crap team and gets ton of attention from opposing teams. He needs better players to offload some of the production on the team but Harvard is foremost an academic institution and not many players can gain access. Still, was the best player on the ice along with another 18 year old for RPI, Jerry D'Amigo.
Dude, he did get injured and missed a few games, it did slow him down, as he did play with it anyway afterwards. As for the rest, I already knew all of that.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 07:23 PM
  #14
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,593
vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Number of games played, plus average age of players in the CHL vs the NCAA. In the CHL your playing against kids 16 to 20 years old, with mostly 17-19 year olds. In the NCAA your playing against 18-24 year olds, that are more physicall mature, as often times, the freshman don't play key roles and will have trouble getting good ice time.
Could you say that NCAA stats are comparable to KHL stats? (for prospects)

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:45 PM
  #15
68
Registered User
 
68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,841
vCash: 500
I'm disappoint. He started well, PPG and all but now he has 21 points in 27 games.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 08:40 AM
  #16
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 25,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Could you say that NCAA stats are comparable to KHL stats? (for prospects)
I never thought of that, it's hard to compare a pro league to the NCAA, so I wouldn't.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.