HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

gamache ahl all star game mvp?

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2005, 09:28 AM
neg marron

vCash: 500
gamache ahl all star game mvp?

being the big game player simon gamache is look for him to really go all out at the skills competition and the ahl all star game
he might just snatch up mvp for the game

i hope he really establishes himself and takes his game to the level where him being in the nhl is not question hopefully he'll grab ahl league mvp and help milwaukee repeat(CALDER) and he'll win league mvp and playoff mvp
and continue his solid play in nashville next season

Old
01-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg marron
being the big game player simon gamache is look for him to really go all out at the skills competition and the ahl all star game
he might just snatch up mvp for the game

i hope he really establishes himself and takes his game to the level where him being in the nhl is not question hopefully he'll grab ahl league mvp and help milwaukee repeat(CALDER) and he'll win league mvp and playoff mvp
and continue his solid play in nashville next season
well....ok,i second all these motions...all for?

Old
01-27-2005, 10:15 AM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
well....ok,i second all these motions...all for?
Aye.

Old
01-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

aye as well

motion carried

Old
01-29-2005, 11:50 PM
AdvDave

This guy has been lighting it up in Milwaukee for quite a while now. I assume the main reason he isn't in Nashville...is the lockout. But the second one would have to be size, right? This guy looks like a faster Erat, if that is possible...

Old
01-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvDave
This guy has been lighting it up in Milwaukee for quite a while now. I assume the main reason he isn't in Nashville...is the lockout. But the second one would have to be size, right? This guy looks like a faster Erat, if that is possible...
that's the thing ... we need more bigger forwards to help protect the smaller shiftier skilled forwards we've got ... but if we tried him out at either a) Arkhipov's center spot or b) Orszagh's wing spot, maybe it'll work out just fine, but who knows at this point

I would give my soul to have Arkhipuff removed from this lineup

Old
01-30-2005, 10:27 AM
AdvDave

Believe it or not, I think Arkipov deserves one more shot. Maybe he got pissed off enough from last year's demotion that he might actually do something about it. I truly believe this guy has a ton of talent, but no heart. Maybe the Preds should hire someone to beat the crap out of him and maybe it will knock some sense into him.

Old
01-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvDave
actually speed is not gamache's game..while he has adequate speed,old scouting reports questioned whether he was fast enough to make up for his lack of size honestly..where gamache excells at the AHL level is his stickwork,quickness in tight corners with that stickwork,a good wristshot,good puck control in general,and excellent offensive awareness and anticipation...these are the things current scouts mention about him as his strongpoints....

probably the most worrisome thing about gamache is does his offensive prowess translate to the NHL level?....90% of his goals are scored in the low slot right now,reading rebounds,stickworking around AHL d-men,and simply outfighting defensivemen down low....the question that is asked,is can he do that against bigger,stronger NHL dmen?...many think he cann't,and why at 24 despite having great AHL numbers for the past couple of years(56 in 78 games last year and 77 in 76 games year before last)he hasn't stuck at the NHL level yet.

Me,i'm not convinced the guy cann't make it. Like most extremely undersized players,he has to get the right chance,at the right time,in the right situation,and on the right team. Get a chance and score a couple of early,quick goals and viola-maybe you become a cliff ronning or steve sullivan. That's the real anvil though,when you're so small you better impress and impress quickly,because if you don't you rarely get as many chances as the above average size guy.

Old
01-31-2005, 12:43 AM
bruins4777*

I think he deserves a chance, but you put it well, he deserves a chance, but ALL NHL teams, especially the preds with their lack of size, are huge ***** about size. I like gamache and the preds and i'd like to see him get a chance with them. I think he'd be a great powerplay guy.

Closed Thread