HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1st annual Hawks trade deadline thread!

Old
03-03-2010, 01:58 PM
crimsonking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Hamhuis staying in Nashville

####

Preds are dangerous lurking as a bottom seed
Surprising, considering how set Philly was on getting him. I guess they just didn't want to give up the youth.

crimsonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Sevanston

Quote:

I always found this to be serviceable
Your opinion on beer is now void

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Deadline over

A few trades will trickle in,,,, Wont effect us!

We fail!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:30 PM
southerncross116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Your opinion on beer is now void
Yeah, man -no kidding -what you couldn't find a bottle of nice cold Red White and Blue ???

Ugh... I'm glad I'm down here -the beer might be about $40 a case, but at least it's beer. (and unlike the poms -they drink it cold as well). Doesn't get any better mates.

___

Ok- well you know -it seemed Stan must have thought the defense was too soft. Mind you I'm not sure that Boynton is the answer- but at least he is a pylon with a mean streak... dunno about the other minor league deal -really it is a nothing deal probably.

___

1991 "disappointment" hah- that team was burnt out by Keenan, and had nothing left ... they did have Belfour and Chelios and in no way shape or form resembles this team. Besides they made the finals the following year without the big regular season. Frankly I think these kids were a little too into reading their own press clippings and forgot that there still is a season to finish out. Sort of like the 1986 Bears going into the Super Bowl XXI ... still have to play, no matter how nice it is to read about how great you are in the papers.

___

Note to players- get out there and play - do you want it? If not- you'll have enough money to afford greens fees. Ok, time to see what happens now.

southerncross116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Yuengling Lager is made by the oldest brewery in the U.S., out here in Pennsylvania. And it's a damn fine beer.

There are a TON of fabulous small breweries out this way too, including Dogfish Head, Weyerbacher, and Victory...all of which produce some truly amazing beers.

On the whole, however, I have to admit... 99.9% of mainstream U.S. beer absolutely sucks.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 04:23 PM
crimsonking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Yuengling Lager is made by the oldest brewery in the U.S., out here in Pennsylvania. And it's a damn fine beer.

There are a TON of fabulous small breweries out this way too, including Dogfish Head, Weyerbacher, and Victory...all of which produce some truly amazing beers.

On the whole, however, I have to admit... 99.9% of mainstream U.S. beer absolutely sucks.
That's the second time I've heard Dogfish Head, today. I think I'm gonna have to try them out.

Old
03-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Hal Incandenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post

Yeah the number small breweries making great beer across the US is unrivaled by anywhere outside of Begium. Sad that most people think Bud/Miller/Coors are American beer, when really they are just American Marketing.

Dogfish head is hit or miss with me, as they are so aggressively experimental and do many things that end up being ridiculously expensive and are more gimmicky than actually worth the cost and effort, but they have truly something for everyone and are probably one of the largest true craft breweries in the US, so even though I'd pick several others ahead of them I respect what they are doing.

The number of awesome breweries in Michigan is impressive given the poor economic condition of that glove-shaped area: Bell's, Founders, Jolly Pumpkin, Arcadia, New Holland probably a couple others I'm forgetting off the top but an incredible array. Then closer to Chicago we have Three Floyd's which makes some of my personal faves and then other solid breweries Two Bros./Floosmoor/Goose Island in and around Chicago, other new breweries opening within the last year or two in the city (Revolution Brewing opened this month in Logan Square, right around the corner from my apt- trouble for the ol' liver...)

Getting thirsty now, I better get finished with some more work so I can have a few later this evening and watch the game.

Hal Incandenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 05:22 PM
crimsonking

From the TSN panel, Pierre Maguire, just named us the biggest "loser" today for not addressing any needs (i.e. goaltending) before the deadline.

Old
03-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Hal Incandenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonking View Post
From the TSN panel, Pierre Maguire, just named us the biggest "loser" today for not addressing any needs (i.e. goaltending) before the deadline.
At least we're not him.

Hal Incandenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 06:14 PM
southerncross116

Pierre Maguire? Roflmao ... well technically speaking these are also the same goaltenders that did actually win -what... 45 games so far -so I mean really...

who is anyone that actually polishes his head (and the camera doesn't lie, there Pierre) to call anyone or anything a/an "loser"... I mean seriously if it takes a set of permanent markers to even give you a shot at a comb-over -you don't really need to be talking in language like that...

as for Beer- look, I am from the US .. and I am fully aware that Pabst- well .. yeh - no thanks... I had it once and I am still not sure why .. same with Olympia (I think they come from the same place actually...) ....

and don't go talking to me about "Foster's -it's Australian for beer, Mate ..." no one I know ever drinks that stuff...

You also don't get that skunky smell like you get when Canadian beers go off (too much light exposure -or too many Canadians keeping the good stuff)... yes I know about how some hoseheads think up there ---stick the guys in the States with your cast-offs -and they will think they're living it up. I look forward to taking my wife over to Waterton, Banff, Jasper some day while having a skate at the West Edmonton Mall ... Anyways -- enough on that -- game time a little later...

Old
03-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Captain Iago

Love the Pierre comments in the posts above.

Did BWC jinx our whole operation with this deadline thread? Oh wait, now I sound like I believe in curses and whatnot...

Captain Iago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Sevanston

When it comes to beers in the Chicago area, I generally stick to 312 or anything from Goose Island. I've loved them since I was a kid drinking root beer, and once I started drinking alcohol, they continued to be the best.

We are far from the biggest loser today. That would imply that we have no chance whatsoever, and with our team the way it is (very strong offense in front of best defense in the league), you could never possibly say that. I think we could've done better, but we're far from being losers.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:21 PM
JUICEY*

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

What is everyone's opinion of Schlitz

Old
03-03-2010, 08:46 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
For a bunch of people from Chicago, this thread has a serious lack of:

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

I always enjoyed this also

Old
03-03-2010, 09:21 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
I'm a big fan of Allagash Brewery. The Musette is amazing.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:23 PM
crimsonking

Quote:

I love Guiness. I get the cans all the time, but still prefer it on tap.

Old
03-03-2010, 09:27 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:

Guinness is one of my favorites too. but...

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 12:05 AM
southerncross116

Lots of Irish roots in my parts- Guiness is really big - and nothing better than a beef and Guiness pie ...

In the meantime, the only photo I got of any beers is this one:

Old man Wirtz would have been proud of this brand -it is about A$20 a 6 pack.

Old
03-04-2010, 12:09 AM
southerncross116

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEY View Post
Oh man -good old 8 Ball... well actually I only drank it when it was given to me ... I remember Maesterbrau back in Uni - it was like $6 a case or even less...

Old
03-04-2010, 03:42 PM
ChicagoBlues

For Peoria this season Hannu Toivonen's shootout record was 2-3. The 2 shootout wins went 6 and 5 rounds. The 3 shootout losses went 9, 5 and 5 rounds.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Since the deadline has passed all I can say is

That Fallon trade made absolutely no sense!