HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds get Dustin Boyd for a 4th

Old
03-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
you know this immigration paperwork thing is kind of weird.......just think, Greb (who I assume is still a Russian national).............cleared in less than 24 hours....

Poni--- who has Canadian citizenship------taking longer than 24 hours

Boyd------Canadian--- same thing.

just seems kind of odd.
I think it might have helped speed along Grebs paperwork that he was already in Nashville for the game and was easily accessible to answer questions and sign off on anything that was required...

Wasn't surprised about Boyd though. I had a hard time believing he'd immediately step into the lineup tonight without any practice time, but also have a hard time figuring out whether or not he'll play tomorrow night in Detroit? It'll be interesting to see how and when Trotz fits him into the lineup...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 04:07 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I'm on the same page as SLake. I didn't expect him to lace them up for us tonight even if his paperwork was completed quickly. I just don't see where in the lineup he's going to fit until an injury or someone stops playing up to Trotz's standards (the latter option applies only to players not named Arnott, Dumont, Sullivan, Legwand, Erat, Belak, and Tootoo.)

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 04:13 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm on the same page as SLake. I didn't expect him to lace them up for us tonight even if his paperwork was completed quickly. I just don't see where in the lineup he's going to fit until an injury or someone stops playing up to Trotz's standards (the latter option applies only to players not named Arnott, Dumont, Sullivan, Legwand, Erat, Belak, and Tootoo.)
I think he would have slipped in in place of O'Reilly, to be honest. And I expect that to be the case tomorrow.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 04:18 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Unless O'Reilly fails big time out there tonight, I don't expect to see Boyd until someone gets hurt. I don't see us putting him into the fire against Detroit tomorrow night. Get him to the Joe, let him do a morning skate with everyone, see how everyone is feeling but the 4th line the other night did well so no need to change it up right now. If any line or player needs a wake up call it just may be JP at this point. Move Hornqivst up to play with Sully and Arnott, move Tootoo onto a line with Erat and Goc and insert Boyd to play with Wilson and O'Reilly. JP needs to get his head out of his rear.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 04:30 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Nashville still has their first.

2nd went for Grebs

3rd still with system

4th to Boyd

5th to Carolina for the Darcy Hordichuk deal.

Tampa Bay's 5th to Nashville for the 2009 5th pick

6th is still Nashville's

7th is still Nashville's

St. Louis' 7th to Nashville for 2009 7th rounder.
I wish I understood how this worked.

As someone pointed out on Twitter, he's wearing #14 and his name is only 2 letters away from "Bonk." So if you have a Bonk jersey, cover those last two letters and you now have a relevant jersey!

Excited about acquiring this guy and I look forward to seeing him in action!

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 04:38 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
I wish I understood how this worked.

As someone pointed out on Twitter, he's wearing #14 and his name is only 2 letters away from "Bonk." So if you have a Bonk jersey, cover those last two letters and you now have a relevant jersey!

Excited about acquiring this guy and I look forward to seeing him in action!
I cheated, I went to Wiki and most of the trades were from last year's draft.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Unless O'Reilly fails big time out there tonight, I don't expect to see Boyd until someone gets hurt. I don't see us putting him into the fire against Detroit tomorrow night. Get him to the Joe, let him do a morning skate with everyone, see how everyone is feeling but the 4th line the other night did well so no need to change it up right now. If any line or player needs a wake up call it just may be JP at this point. Move Hornqivst up to play with Sully and Arnott, move Tootoo onto a line with Erat and Goc and insert Boyd to play with Wilson and O'Reilly. JP needs to get his head out of his rear.
The scary part about it is with the back-to-back games tonight and tomorrow with a flight to Detroit in between, there will be no pregame skate tomorrow and with the team flying back to Detroit post-game, I'm skeptical as to whether or not the team will have a practice Saturday either. Also, no pre-game skate Sunday due to the 2 PM start time...so it looks like Boyd might not get a full practice under his belt until Monday at the earliest...

Old
03-04-2010, 06:14 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Boyd will sit a couple games I think as well although he will probably get some minutes as soon as he's with the team, just not many. Moving Hornqvist up is fine, he did well there before. But moving Tootoo off of the Wilson O'Reilly line and sticking Boyd there? UGH! Tootoo gives that line some toughness so that O'Reilly and Wilson both can operate. Put Boyd there, who most of even those who like him say is easily knocked off the puck and the other team would score way too much. The only guy who could possibly win the board and corner battles to keep possession would be Wilson. And I don't see Tootoo, Erat, and Goc scoring many goals, it just sort of wastes Erat.

Tootoo is fine playing a "help the rookies go" role. And protecting one of our future stars in Wilson. Tootoo made Wilson's first goal the other night almost as much as Grebs (who made a great poke in a crowd to keep that puck in the zone) and Wilson just by his hustle to break up their play. If Wilson ever moves to play with Legwand (maybe a waste because I doubt Legwand or Ward remember what scoring is...) then Boyd or Smithson can play with OReilly and Tootoo.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 03-04-2010 at 06:19 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 10:56 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Trotz confirmed tonight that Boyd , barring any unforeseen hurdles, will be available and will be in the lineup tonight.

Again, I expect Cal to sit. Second lowest icetime, only ahead of Tootoo, and was fairly invisible in the limited time he had.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Trotz confirmed tonight that Boyd , barring any unforeseen hurdles, will be available and will be in the lineup tonight.

Again, I expect Cal to sit. Second lowest icetime, only ahead of Tootoo, and was fairly invisible in the limited time he had.
Wilson back to center? Do we want to keep swapping him back and forth?

Tootoo could possibly sit... it's only Detroit Has Tootoo been a healthy scratch yet this year? He's having a pretty good year.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Wilson back to center? Do we want to keep swapping him back and forth?

Tootoo could possibly sit... it's only Detroit Has Tootoo been a healthy scratch yet this year? He's having a pretty good year.
Boyd has played a lot of center during his career and I'd almost guarantee that's where he would line up if indeed he replaced O'Reilly in the lineup tomorrow...