Czech-o-Slovak League once again?

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2005, 07:23 AM
Rogalo

vCash: 500
Czech-o-Slovak League once again?

Nazdar Češi a Slováci!
What do you all think? This is THE topic talked about among all the hockey fans for some time now and since the ALL STAR game, it heated up ...
I think we should try it. The main problem is how to arrange it. How much teams from each country, should we make conferences - NHL style - or a regular combined league? A lot of things need to be thought through and I think this is worth discussing. Oh and one more thing: Lets spare ourselves the NACIONALIST, SHOVINIST (I dont know if this word even exists in English but you know what I mean ) BULLS...!!! I had enough of that on czech and slovak hockey sites already...

Old
01-30-2005, 09:46 AM
12# Peter Bondra

Well, maybe we should go NHL style = 30 teams. Imagine the quality of the games though:

Dukla Jihlava vs Spartak Dubnica = :lol

End of jokes here.

Maybe it will work but I will tell you now, the Czechs or the Slovaks will be satisifed IF the League becomes real. Either side will want more teams in the League.

MAYBE we could go like the NHL style though: Czech Conference and Slovak Conference.

No divisions. Each team plays 4 times each other in the conference and twice with a team from the other country. Then the playoffs like the NHL.

Just a idea.

Old
01-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Golbez

Send a message via ICQ to Golbez Send a message via MSN to Golbez
The Golbez Plan

I love the idea...so I am "hockey god" and I will dictate how the new league will look

The CZSVK Extraliga

Extraliga: 16 Teams
Czech 1st division: 16 teams
Slovak 1st division: 14 teams

After this season, the top 9 Czech teams and top 4 Slovak teams (Extraligovy) will automatically be entered in the Extraliga. The bottom 5 Czech, bottom 4 Slovak, and both division 1 winners will play in a 'playoffs' to determine who wins the final 3 spots in the Extraliga.

After the following seasons, the bottom 2 Extraliga teams will battle with the Slovak and Czech 1st division champs in the 'baraz' to determine which 2 teams will be in the Extraliga the following season.

...and no salary caps

Old
01-31-2005, 02:59 AM
Ego

Maybe there should be three divisions- Czech, Moravian and Slovak each with 6 teams. Each team will play four games against the team in his division and two games against the teams out of his division. That is 44 games in regular season. Playoff will start with best 16 teams by points and will be played in best-of-five format.
That is my idea.

Old
01-31-2005, 05:36 AM
Rogalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego
Maybe there should be three divisions- Czech, Moravian and Slovak each with 6 teams. Each team will play four games against the team in his division and two games against the teams out of his division. That is 44 games in regular season. Playoff will start with best 16 teams by points and will be played in best-of-five format.
That is my idea.
Well my idea is NOT to rush it. We managed to survive without each other for quite some time so I would start with the series for the champion of both countries. It wont change anything but the more official projects we get together, the more people - especially in the Czech republic - would become more enthusiastic about the Czech-Slovak league idea.
Than, after figuring out the economy of the project (imagine this project going down the drain because of money - the whole system would be in chaos in both countries - that would be a disaster) If everything goes well though I would prefer the model PeterBondra wrote about in his post. Dividing Bohemia and Moravia is not necessary IMO - Czech and Slovak divisions are just fine.
Imagine it - Slovan and Sparta in battle once again

Old
01-31-2005, 11:45 AM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogalo
Well my idea is NOT to rush it. We managed to survive without each other for quite some time so I would start with the series for the champion of both countries. It wont change anything but the more official projects we get together, the more people - especially in the Czech republic - would become more enthusiastic about the Czech-Slovak league idea.
Than, after figuring out the economy of the project (imagine this project going down the drain because of money - the whole system would be in chaos in both countries - that would be a disaster) If everything goes well though I would prefer the model PeterBondra wrote about in his post. Dividing Bohemia and Moravia is not necessary IMO - Czech and Slovak divisions are just fine.
Imagine it - Slovan and Sparta in battle once again
And Jihlava vs Dubnica That game would be a legendary game.

Old
01-31-2005, 01:29 PM
matys

Although I would be happy about common league I think it´s more desire of Slovak officials and statements of Czech officials are more reserved about it. I don´t see why Czech teams would want the common league when maybe only 3-4 teams of Slovak league would compete with them. It would be great for Slovak teams and fans but it won´t work.

Closed Thread