HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I think I posted too much.

Old
03-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Nidema

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabs View Post
Yes, Price was good... but he wasn't miraculous.
The fact remains, he can't close games. It's a fact and it is indisputable.
Exactly, Price didn't score the third goal that would have put us up 3-1 instead. Therefore, he can't close games. It's a fact and it is indisputable.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:36 AM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Not a single person will deny that Halak has, by far, outplayed Price this season.

But, the point is, neither should HAVE TO stop 45+ shots on a consistent basis to give us a CHANCE to win.
Not the whole year. From Mid December-Olympic break he has.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:37 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabs View Post
Yes, Price was good... but he wasn't miraculous.
The fact remains, he can't close games. It's a fact and it is indisputable.
No one would have closed that game. The habs are just a bad team that got dominated tonight and was only in the game because of Price's goaltending. You're off the mark here concerning Price.

And I've been calling out all the Price fanboys for months because it has been months since Price had not given up 1-2 softies in a game at a bad time. But tonight, you can't say "he can't close games" out of context. There shouldn't even have been the option of closing anything. This game could have been a blowout much earlier.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

All I know is, Halak doesn't want out to be officially the number one goalie of the team, he just wants the **** out of Montréal because he's literally tired of facing 40-50 shots a night.

He misses the Olympics were he had a real team in front of him.

Look at Price. He looks skinnier than last season. He's being forced to work too much, so he can't party, hell, he can't even spend time with his gf because when he gets back from a home game, or even a road game he's too tired.

I also heard Halak and Price and don't face that many shots in practice since it season the players are stuck in defensive positions in the other end. There's usually 1 guy standing in the middle of the offensive zone just looking at Price every so often and looking around wonder what new parallel universe he just stumbled into.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
I meant that as an overall assessment of their play this year.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:40 AM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
All I know is, Halak doesn't want out to be officially the number one goalie of the team, he just wants the **** out of Montréal because he's literally tired of facing 40-50 shots a night.

Look at Price. He looks skinnier than last season. He's being forced to work too much, so he can't party, hell, he can't even spend time with his gf because when he gets back from a home game, or even a road game he's too tired.

I also heard Halak and Price and don't face that many shots in practice since it season the players are stuck in defensive positions in the other end. There's usually 1 guy standing in the middle of the offensive zone just looking at Price every so often and looking around wonder what new parallel universe he just stumbled into.
This post is just filled with FAIL

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:41 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Not a single person will deny that Halak has, by far, outplayed Price this season.

But, the point is, neither should HAVE TO stop 45+ shots on a consistent basis to give us a CHANCE to win.
The amount of shots is meaningless. What's meaningful is the amount of scoring chances.

But tonight, it was pathetic. Habs got dominated and the sharks had way too many scoring chances.

A game in which one of our goalies play this well should be a win 99 times out of a 100.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
PS: If I remember right, we used to pull off last minute goals quite often, quite a few 2 and 3 years ago. How many last minute goals have we had this year? 0? **** you very much Martin. Big dumb arse.
PPS: We have the most one goal losses in the league. ALWAYS a sign of bad late game coaching. I so want this Martin gone.

Last edited by bsl: 03-05-2010 at 12:46 AM.
bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Darth Joker

Very painful and costly lost.

But we deserved it.

We can't expect to get brutally outshot by a team of San Jose's caliber and still win, or even pull out a point.

I hate to say it, but this could be it. We're now firmly in a position of needing other teams to lose for us to make the playoffs.

And Lapierre's cheapshot there was disgusting. Even worse is how he was smiling afterwards about it.

I also feel bad for Price. We totally hung him out to dry this game. This team needs a far better effort going forward.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I agree. We saw Halak vs Philly. He's just not going to win too many games against teams that crash the net because of his rebound control.
If you had stopped at just agreeing with which one might be "BETTER", that'd be one thing. But to suggest that a goalie with Halak's W-L record isn't going to win many games because of something being grossly exaggerated as a weakness is a bit much. FYI, the only teams Halak has a career losing record against are Calgary, New Jersey, Ottawa, and Tampa Bay. I'll leave it to you to knock yourself out trying to connect the dots to find a pattern there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I still might be tempted to play Price against LA and take my chances with Halak against LA.
Think they'll let the Habs go with the two goalies at once system?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:42 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

can i put this post on epicfail.com?

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

One of the reason why the Sharks manage to shoot 40 times on Price (because i think we have something like 20 blocked shot), its on the faceoffs. The Sharks won 42 out of 61 faceoffs, that means around 70% of the time, the Sharks will take possession of the puck after a faceoff.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Which to Martin, Halak hasn't won yet. And that to me, is a major facepalm.
Yah I wanted to put #1 job in quotations, but I was afraid that people might have interpreted it as me bashing Halak.

I don't think anyone here actually hates Halak. I think people are just defending Price which somehow makes them Halak haters, it's so stupid.

The difference is, when Halak plays, I hope he wins because I want the team to win in general. When Price plays, people like Montrealhabs and Earl the Halak fan are desperately hoping Price loses so they can come here and prove their point.

Halak is a good goalie and I've never ever said otherwise. I get into the goalie debate to explain that Carey Price is not crap and shouldn't be treated the way he has been this year, but somehow that makes me a Halak hater for what ever reason.

There are a lot of petty people in this world. I bet you MontrealHabs also hates Crosby because everyone else likes him. People are jealous when other people are popular, it's sad but true.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:43 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
they were both on and off, but he has outplayed him when you look at it from a global perspective... to suggest halak had a good 10 games run is just dilusional.

refs were brutal.. but tonight I understood exactly why sharks are not going to win the cup ... if plekanec took their focus away from a hockey game, they dont stand a chance in the playoffs...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:43 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
PPS: We have the most one goal losses in the league. ALWAYS a sign of bad late game coaching. I so want this Martin gone.
PPPS: **** I'm pissed off, sorry about that. But regulation losses KILL you in the new NHL. Look at all the teams around us with 10-111 OT losses. You just cannot afford to lose in regulation. Does Martin understand this?

bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
they were both on and off, but he has outplayed him when you look at it from a global perspective... to suggest halak had a good 10 games run is just dilusional.

refs were brutal.. but tonight I understood exactly why sharks are not going to win the cup ... if plekanec took their focus away from a hockey game, they dont stand a chance in the playoffs...
Great point. Agree with you there. They seemed more content to goon it up than to play hockey down 2-1.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:46 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
One of the reason why the Sharks manage to shoot 40 times on Price (because i think we have something like 20 blocked shot), its on the faceoffs. The Sharks won 42 out of 61 faceoffs, that means around 70% of the time, the Sharks will take possession of the puck after a faceoff.
good observation... its hard to be a ''puck possession'' team when we cant win faceoffs to have possession of the puck

Old
03-05-2010, 12:47 AM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Habs score at least 3 goals, they usually win.
Habs fail to score at least 3 goals, they usually lose.

We only have 4 wins when we score less than 3.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:48 AM
NBP81

Anyway, I wanna thank the Alien Nation for giving us Carey back. The loss hurts,not gonna blame the refs(unhealthy), not gonna blame Martin(A win was 15% IMO), not gonna argue with the guy sayin' Price is to blame(just plain unnecessary). Nope! I will find a positive, thanks to the aliens!

NBP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:51 AM
LaurentHou*

We stop skating in the third period. That sad because Price deserve the win.

LaurentHou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
can i put this post on epicfail.com?
Do people really need the smilie to detect sarcasm?

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:52 AM
saints96

Quote:
Do people really need the smilie to detect sarcasm?
sumtimes ya lol especially at 2 in the morning

Old
03-05-2010, 12:54 AM
mrfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
Price was unreal tonite. Looks refreshed and ready for the stretch drive.
unfortunately the dmen in front of him look like crapola

mrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:56 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Great point. Agree with you there. They seemed more content to goon it up than to play hockey down 2-1.
I thought we were playing the flyers just for a moment.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:58 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfan View Post
unfortunately the dmen in front of him look like crapola
this.... and our team cannot protect a lead. they stop skating. When they're leading (as dumb as this may sound) they dont play to win, they play not to lose... if you know what i mean.