HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Deadline Thread v2.0 - General Rumors & Proposals

Old
03-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Oilerdiehard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I'm not sold on the idea of Paajarvi playing in the AHL because in my opinion the Elitserien is a superior league.
I agree that I would not mind if he stayed in the SEL again next season. I do not feel it is that much better if at all than the AHL though. They still play young kids just like AHL over there. Probably even younger at times since it is not that uncommon for teams to have a couple 17,18,19 year olds on their team. Where as the AHL except for the odd good Euro they are all 20 and over. Obviously also a decent percentage also go to the NHL sooner or later for varying amounts of time.

But still I would probably keep him in the SEL. Though I suppose getting used to the smaller rinks and North American style of play also has some merit in it.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 10:38 AM
hfboardsuser

Speculation on the Isles board is that Witt will be on re-entry waivers. He'd be a $1.5M cap hit. Edmonton boy, has one more year on his contract and could be traded for 2nd/3rd next year if he has a solid season. We could use his stay-at-home presence for whichever of the Fawlty Towers isn't with Smid.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Speculation on the Isles board is that Witt will be on re-entry waivers. He'd be a $1.5M cap hit. Edmonton boy, has one more year on his contract and could be traded for 2nd/3rd next year if he has a solid season. We could use his stay-at-home presence for whichever of the Fawlty Towers isn't with Smid.
Have you seen Witt play this year?

-2.14 GFGA60 differential despite having the easiest QualComp of the Islanders defenders.

He's as bad as Finger in Toronto.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote