HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#63: Flyers @ Sabres - March 5, 2010 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
03-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
so who will start in goal?
I would assume Leighton.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:58 AM
CdnFlyersFan

Leighton bounced back last time after loss to Ottawa. He will do it again tonight against the struglling Sabres.

4-2 Flyers

GO FLYERS GO!

CdnFlyersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
I'm afraid that it might still be Miller Time.

Just Sayin'
Every game is miiller time when it comes to the Sabres. He's their saving grace.

Only person I'm worried about scoring on us is Torres, funnily enough. New guy with his new team who has a decent ability to score. I also believe it's his first game with them?

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:09 PM
BWAVgal
A sad Flyers fan

vCash: 50
Keep the Sabres losing streak going.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:03 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfan795 View Post
The fights had nothing to do with them losing. They decided to take off the first 50 minutes of the game again and that is what caused them to lose the game. There is absolutly no reason to try and turn this team into a bunch of soft little pansies like Buffalo.
It's not about turning them into pansies. It's about knowing when to fight. The last game's flow was terrible due to all of the early fights which led to all of the bad penalties in the first because the Flyers couldn't get their legs underneath them due to the messed up flow of the game. I'm not saying it was a big factor, but it certainly could be seen as a reason why they couldn't get their **** together in the first.

We all know Laviolette is a coach who hates fighting, but he seems to be pretty lenient about this team fighting so far. What he needs to be instilling in the guys is when to throw down. IMO, both of Asham's fights were really selfish in the last game. Laperriere's could be seen this way too, but he probably felt it was going to be a huge tone setter if he won decidedly. Richards' fight was okay, because he had to accept Booth's challenge. I understand the need for that fight. But the other 3 fights were not really necessary.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:36 PM
jb**

This is a huge game for the waiver wire guy. Even if they lose he needs to have a great not good game. You can just feel the wheels slightly coming undone.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Miller vs. Leighton. That's a matchup I like!

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:50 PM
CptCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Miller vs. Leighton. That's a matchup I like!
Atleast it's not a group of ******* playing in front of Leighton as it's in front of Miller.

Let's go Flyers!!

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRiles View Post
Atleast it's not a group of ******* playing in front of Leighton as it's in front of Miller.

Let's go Flyers!!
Yeah, Miller does have a group of retards in front of him. And the ones that do have a bit of skill are also the biggest bundle of sticks in the league.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:55 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
so who will start in goal?
Soderstrom

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Lomark

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
It's not about turning them into pansies. It's about knowing when to fight. The last game's flow was terrible due to all of the early fights which led to all of the bad penalties in the first because the Flyers couldn't get their legs underneath them due to the messed up flow of the game. I'm not saying it was a big factor, but it certainly could be seen as a reason why they couldn't get their **** together in the first.

We all know Laviolette is a coach who hates fighting, but he seems to be pretty lenient about this team fighting so far. What he needs to be instilling in the guys is when to throw down. IMO, both of Asham's fights were really selfish in the last game. Laperriere's could be seen this way too, but he probably felt it was going to be a huge tone setter if he won decidedly. Richards' fight was okay, because he had to accept Booth's challenge. I understand the need for that fight. But the other 3 fights were not really necessary.
Are you saying it was our players alone who had a say in the fighting? Don't you think the Panthers had a say in it aswell? Booth and his team wanted to stand up for themselves, you don't deny them that. Stop trying to blame the outcome of the game on the fights.

Lomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Lomark

Props to Lindros for letting up on Wilson in the video. I don't even remember that fight from back when and that's saying alot when it comes to me and anything involving Lindros...

Old
03-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Centauris*

you have no idea how much i hate TCN

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:05 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomark View Post
Are you saying it was our players alone who had a say in the fighting? Don't you think the Panthers had a say in it aswell? Booth and his team wanted to stand up for themselves, you don't deny them that. Stop trying to blame the outcome of the game on the fights.
I AM NOT BLAMING THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME ON THE FIGHTS! Does anybody actually read what I write??? I said the fights were responsible for the strange early flow which was then responsible for the team's slow start. Players can always turn down a fight if challenged. Especially when there was already a fight 3 freakin' seconds ago. But, no. Not the big bad Flyers. Both of Asham's fights were stupid/redundant and selfish. There was absolutely no need for him to fight in either situation. I really hope Laviolette talked to him about when it is appropriate to accept a challenge. It's great the Panthers wanted to stick up for their team mate. Booth got his fight with Richards and his goon team mate got to go with Lappy. Honestly, did Asham really need to fight, further prolonging the game to take on a real identity for his team? No, he didn't.

Old
03-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Lomark

Quote:
I AM NOT BLAMING THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME ON THE FIGHTS! Does anybody actually read what I write??? I said the fights were responsible for the strange early flow which was then responsible for the team's slow start. Players can always turn down a fight if challenged. Especially when there was already a fight 3 freakin' seconds ago. But, no. Not the big bad Flyers. Both of Asham's fights were stupid/redundant and selfish. There was absolutely no need for him to fight in either situation. I really hope Laviolette talked to him about when it is appropriate to accept a challenge. It's great the Panthers wanted to stick up for their team mate. Booth got his fight with Richards and his goon team mate got to go with Lappy. Honestly, did Asham really need to fight, further prolonging the game to take on a real identity for his team? No, he didn't.
What the hell are you saying then? The strange flow you talk about, does it only affect our team?

Old
03-05-2010, 04:26 PM
JCameron418

Go go puppy power!

JCameron418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Talbetts

All in, b*tches!

Flyers win. Giroux and JVR get 9 points between the two.

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:40 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomark View Post
What the hell are you saying then? The strange flow you talk about, does it only affect our team?
In the last game, we were the only team that seemed to be effected by it. If you can't get your legs under you, you take dumb penalties and get beat on the opposition's forecheck which is why we were down 2-0 at the end of 1. Against teams like the Panthers, you need to come out strong and show dominance early. The Panthers loved slowing a team like the Flyers down early, because it gave them opportunities to score early. And they took advantage of these opportunities. Now you have the Flyers having to come back from a two goal hole because they didn't play strong the first 20.

Now, this doesn't mean Leighton didn't play like crap so don't try to turn into that. The reason we were down 2-0 after 1 was half his fault and half the slow start of the rest of the team.

Old
03-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Just some semblance of Playoff Hockey, thats all I want tonight. Tampa & Florida Games were not Flyers hockey, they looked like pre-season games. These last few seasons, We seem to play to our competition, so I'm glad to we're making the trip to Buffalo tonight and not somewhere like Atlanta. As long as this game doesn't somehow become a "Game 6", we'll be fine. The only way this team can possibly compete with the league's best is a return to team defence. Carter still has the makings of a Superstar in this league but his blind passes, weak clears and his inability to string 2 strong shifts together are completely unacceptable for a guy in his 5th year making 5 mil. per. What impressed me most about Claude Giroux in the Q was how he was such a complete player. Groulx would have him out there in any key defensive situation. I'm not sure if he's stunted playing with Wahoo McDaniel and JVR but playing on the 3rd line, he has all the pressure off him to find his game. He really needs to step up and help elevate vanRiemsdyk's play. Lets be honest, Carcillo, Carle, Coburn and Hartnell aren't exactly stalwarts of hockey sense, but these 4 especially have to renew their commitment to team defence. The cliche that fits for this team is that they're still not all on the same page. In any event, tangent over, looking forward to tonight.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Lomark

Quote:
In the last game, we were the only team that seemed to be effected by it. If you can't get your legs under you, you take dumb penalties and get beat on the opposition's forecheck which is why we were down 2-0 at the end of 1. Against teams like the Panthers, you need to come out strong and show dominance early. The Panthers loved slowing a team like the Flyers down early, because it gave them opportunities to score early. And they took advantage of these opportunities. Now you have the Flyers having to come back from a two goal hole because they didn't play strong the first 20.

Now, this doesn't mean Leighton didn't play like crap so don't try to turn into that. The reason we were down 2-0 after 1 was half his fault and half the slow start of the rest of the team.
I think you make some good points. I just don't see how fighting majors, where one from each team sit for 5 minutes has anything to do with us getting of to a slow start. Staged fighting is what it is. I doubt it has much if any influence over the game itself. Fights that start because of bad history or raw emotions (see Brashear vs Domi or Lindros vs Barnaby/Boughner) is another matter...

Old
03-05-2010, 05:19 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Win this game, I hate the Sabres

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Just some semblance of Playoff Hockey, thats all I want tonight. Tampa & Florida Games were not Flyers hockey, they looked like pre-season games. These last few seasons, We seem to play to our competition, so I'm glad to we're making the trip to Buffalo tonight and not somewhere like Atlanta. As long as this game doesn't somehow become a "Game 6", we'll be fine. The only way this team can possibly compete with the league's best is a return to team defence. Carter still has the makings of a Superstar in this league but his blind passes, weak clears and his inability to string 2 strong shifts together are completely unacceptable for a guy in his 5th year making 5 mil. per. What impressed me most about Claude Giroux in the Q was how he was such a complete player. Groulx would have him out there in any key defensive situation. I'm not sure if he's stunted playing with Wahoo McDaniel and JVR but playing on the 3rd line, he has all the pressure off him to find his game. He really needs to step up and help elevate vanRiemsdyk's play. Lets be honest, Carcillo, Carle, Coburn and Hartnell aren't exactly stalwarts of hockey sense, but these 4 especially have to renew their commitment to team defence. The cliche that fits for this team is that they're still not all on the same page. In any event, tangent over, looking forward to tonight.
We won 7-2 in the Tampa game.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 05:34 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

NHLFlyers

Leino to start tonight on a line with Carter and Briere. half a minute ago via web

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
We won 7-2 in the Tampa game.
Which was nice, but the score was not indicative of how the game was played

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 05:40 PM
BerubeBox*

Wonder if Harts will land on the 4th line. I hope so, and hope it shakes him up. I would love for him to turn it on and make the haters eat their words. (yes I know the hate has been justified lately, still...)

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 05:42 PM
freakydallas13

we need to get boucher some starts, cause god knows leighton can't play the rest of the schedule by himself.

freakydallas13 is offline   Reply With Quote