HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

San Jose Sharks vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30 PM PST

Old
03-05-2010, 04:11 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicool49 View Post
Certainly the win was nice and all, and it seemed like the Sharks rallied after the blatant boarding by Lapierre. However, the Sharks did nothing to quell the notion that it is ok to take liberties with their players, which I believe is the bigger issue. This has been going on for years, remember the hit that Raffi Torres laid on Milan Michalek in the playoffs a few years ago. To my recollection there was no significant retribution, and the Sharks basically played with their tales between their legs for the rest of the series and were promptly bounced.
Yes they did, they stepped up and won the game. People keep mentioning the Torres hit, but it seems most of you don't remember the real problem with that series. The Oilers would take liberties, and get penalized, and our PP would suck. I'm too lazy to find the exact numbers, but the PP in that series was non-existent. The way to prevent teams from being dirty in the playoffs is to score on their ***** when they are (Most refs aren't as incompetent as Lee, especially in the playoffs). The Sharks have failed to do that in every series where they've been "out-physicaled." When Nashville took dirty runs at us, the Sharks didn't take cheap penalties back against them, they won the damn game.

I don't give a **** about Sharks hitting people back, I care about them sticking it to teams the way it hurts the most in the playoffs, scoring goals. If the Sharks have a 30% PP clip in the playoffs, no team is gonna take dirty penalties against us, don't worry.

CrazedZooChimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Thresher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
The game was a lot of fun. We had some Habs fans in front of us, but Sharkie took care of them for us Also, I saw Thresher about five or six rows above me...
Haha yep. You were rockin' the Boyle jersey, yeah? I saw you step aside to take a pics. Of all the games I've been to, I don't think I've ever had Sharkie muck about in the seats right in front of me. I was amused. I gave him a lil' pat on the snoz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z-28 View Post
Roenick did have surgery, but why do I seem to remember him being out, coming back to play a game or two, and then being back out again...
Here are JR's blog entries on the hit and subsequent surgery: RoenickLife

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:21 PM
SharksAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post
Here are JR's blog entries on the hit and subsequent surgery: RoenickLife
JR's comments about his own injury pretty much sum up the Nichol hit last night:

"The first period I got hit from behind into the boards, as I tried to hold myself up, my shoulder popped right out of its socket. I don’t know what the referees in this league are thinking of, they complain about injuries in the league yet time after time they continue to let hits from behind go even if they are smaller hits. Fact of the matter is, if you can see his number, don’t hit him, have a little respect. Two feet away from the boards is a dangerous area, and referees should be aware of the fact that serious injury can occur, no matter how hard the hit."

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:50 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
if shelley was or wasnt on the team it would have made no difference. shelley would not have been on the ice when the hit happened so it would be a moot point.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:54 PM
19sharks19

Thank goodness Shelley isn't on this team any longer. He would have searched out the likes of Lap. or Plec. and got into a stupid penalty, which he was more than famous for taking, put us shorthanded for a couple minutes or more thus, giving the Habs a good chance to pull away and we may never have came back to win this game.

Best thing is to have our big boys just throw some massive / solid body hits and, get the opponents nervous this way.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:57 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
i can't tell u how many, cause i am to lazy to go look through it all lol. but i know he had 1 against anaheim i do believe it was.
I remember that, I'm pretty sure it was on Paros anyway.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 06:06 PM
jgood

That was sort of my point, without the instigator, enforcers could enforce plays like this by going after the guy who deserved it. Now they just have the big guys fight each other, not the same thing.

Just to be devils advocate how about getting an extra 2:00 for instigating, and then just killing the penalty? Sharks are pretty good at that too.

jgood is offline   Reply With Quote