HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Game 64 - Avalanche @ Coyotes. 7pm MST

Old
03-05-2010, 03:03 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
I don't believe I've ever seen play the puck competently. I've seen him not screw up, but that's about the best it gets for me. The only time he doesn't screw up is when he's just setting it up behind the net. The rest of the time he's getting caught way out of position, passing the puck to the other team, or just failing epically in some other fashion.
I don't agree with this at all. He may screw up once in a while but I would much rather have Andy playing the puck than Budaj not playing the puck. I am sure the team feels the same way. Every goalie in the league goes out on adventures handling the puck.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph VII View Post
Thank you!!!!

Jori I want to let you know that am a CC fan! :p
Haha.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 03:10 PM
detrude
(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
Quote:
The reason it APPEARS that he dug his heels in and copped an attitude with Sacco and his system, is because no matter the benchings or limited ice time he saw EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, he continued to not buy in to the system, which is that every player is accountable for his actions and that every player work as hard as they possibly can. It is an obvious APPEARANCE when you look at the way he has played the last twenty games or so.
This doesn't say anything about his character, nor does it suggest he openly opposed the coach. Sometimes players just don't fit into a system, and sometimes they don't respond to certain measures a coach takes. It happens at every level, and it's even happened with some star players in the league (Spezza and Lecavalier come to mind immediately). Knocking his work ethic is one thing, saying he's a locker room cancer and disrespects coaches (especially with no proof) makes the fanbase seem bitter and scorned.

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erickkelly26 View Post
agreed, i think it is to a point being exaggerated, but there are some things that point to Wolski having attitude problems along with him being a "punk".... he obviously had problems with the team. Why are Mcleod, Hendricks, and Rycroft attacking him so much?
Yea what was up with that extra bump he gave Wolski on the first shift? I was watching the game in a bar, so I couldn't hear any commentary. They were chirping all the way to the bench too, but Lang was laughing when Wolski sat down next to him. Couldn't tell if there was a little animosity there, or if Cody was just messing around with him cuz they're buddies. Didn't really see Wolski crack a smile at any time.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:16 PM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Yea what was up with that extra bump he gave Wolski on the first shift? I was watching the game in a bar, so I couldn't hear any commentary. They were chirping all the way to the bench too, but Lang was laughing when Wolski sat down next to him. Couldn't tell if there was a little animosity there, or if Cody was just messing around with him cuz they're buddies. Didn't really see Wolski crack a smile at any time.
He did crack a smile. It wasn't a huge grin, but it was one of those "You're funny, Cody" kind of smiles. Can't know for sure, but my bet is McLeod was just giving him a hard time and having fun with it.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Hermit Wizard Eater

IMO at least with Mueller we get a guy whose 'apathy' could very well be attributed to his unhappiness for where he was playing. He did after all have a great rookie season where even PHX fans admitted that he was a hard worker.

Wolski on the other hand has been through various coaches on the Avalanche, and has been a floater for his entire Avalanche career.

I'm very confident that Wolski won't improve that part of his game, but maybe Mueller can. (maybe)

Hermit Wizard Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
He did crack a smile. It wasn't a huge grin, but it was one of those "You're funny, Cody" kind of smiles. Can't know for sure, but my bet is McLeod was just giving him a hard time and having fun with it.
That's what I figured. I kept wating for Wolski to smile, but I guess I missed it. Whatever was being said, knowing McLeod, I bet it was good. Made Lang laugh pretty good.

Speaking of which, is it me, or did it seem like McLeod was more involved in the play than he has pretty much all season. He played with a lot of energy, and tenacity, especially early on. Haven't really seen much of that this year.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Combined IQ of the entire Pioneer squad...yes, we know. Nothing to brag about, really.
You really had to reach for that one, didn't you?

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/index.html

check.
mate.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 05:08 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Heh, I kinda feel we're going overboard in the Wolski-will-never-pan out talk. He needed a change of scenery probably, and will at least be a solid contributor ala Tanguay or something.

Mueller should be the same. Maybe a bit higher risk/reward than Wolski but yeah.

I'm willing to see this develop. I hope it works out for us and the Yotes.

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Wizard Eater View Post
IMO at least with Mueller we get a guy whose 'apathy' could very well be attributed to his unhappiness for where he was playing. He did after all have a great rookie season where even PHX fans admitted that he was a hard worker.

Wolski on the other hand has been through various coaches on the Avalanche, and has been a floater for his entire Avalanche career.

I'm very confident that Wolski won't improve that part of his game, but maybe Mueller can. (maybe)
If you're gonna make up that crap for Mueller, make it up for Wolski too. Wolski had a great rookie season, even though he was outshined by Stazz.

Just because Wolski played for us and Mueller didn't, doesn't mean that his work ethic was any worse than Muellers.

Last edited by Adama0905: 03-05-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old
03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Hermit Wizard Eater

Quote:
If you're gonna make up that crap for Mueller, make it up for Wolski too. Wolski had a great rookie season, even though he was outshined by Stazz.

Just because Wolski played for us and Mueller didn't, doesn't mean that his work ethic was any worse than Muellers.
Make up that crap? It's true. He was a hard worker in his rookie season. Wolski wasn't.

Wolski did have a good rookie season, but he was still a floater, and always has been.

Mueller was a hard worker in his rookie season according to PHX fans. If his play in the past two seasons can be largely attributed to where he was playing, then we stand a chance of Mueller turning it around.

Wolski on the other hand has been a floater since day one.

Floater doesn't mean bad numbers/player/season.

Old
03-05-2010, 06:13 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Make up that crap? It's true. He was a hard worker in his rookie season. Wolski wasn't.

Wolski did have a good rookie season, but he was still a floater, and always has been.

Mueller was a hard worker in his rookie season according to PHX fans. If his play in the past two seasons can be largely attributed to where he was playing, then we stand a chance of Mueller turning it around.

I think one of the things that frustrated a lot of people with Wolski was that when he wasn't contributing offensively he brought nothing to the game. I don't know that Mueller will be any different but when you consider paying $4M+/- for Wolski vs. $1.7M for Mueller it seems like a no-brainer. It will be interesting to see what Phoenix does with Wolski in the off season. If they sign him to a bloated contract or lose him to a better offer how will this trade look?

NWAvsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Adama0905

Quote:

I can say that Wolski was a hard worker his rookie season, which he was, and it will have as much merit as them saying Mueller was a hard worker his rookie season.

Don't go throwing Wolski to the dogs and praising Mueller just because Wolski's gone and Mueller is in. Neither had any excuse for the level of play that they put forth, when the fact is they both had plenty left in the gas tank (Mueller more so the last two seasons).

Old
03-05-2010, 07:46 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvsFan View Post
I think one of the things that frustrated a lot of people with Wolski was that when he wasn't contributing offensively he brought nothing to the game. I don't know that Mueller will be any different but when you consider paying $4M+/- for Wolski vs. $1.7M for Mueller it seems like a no-brainer. It will be interesting to see what Phoenix does with Wolski in the off season. If they sign him to a bloated contract or lose him to a better offer how will this trade look?
If someone decides to through money at Wojo then the coyotes at least get some compensatory draft picks. The more money the better in that case for them.

Anyone know what $4mill would get in picks?

Old
03-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
If someone decides to through money at Wojo then the coyotes at least get some compensatory draft picks. The more money the better in that case for them.

Anyone know what $4mill would get in picks?
First, second and third round picks; doubtful any team throws an offer sheet at Wolski.

Yet, I fully expect Wolski to go to arbitration and I believe that's a situation the Avs did not want to deal with.

Old
03-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Hermit Wizard Eater

Quote:
I can say that Wolski was a hard worker his rookie season, which he was, and it will have as much merit as them saying Mueller was a hard worker his rookie season.

Don't go throwing Wolski to the dogs and praising Mueller just because Wolski's gone and Mueller is in. Neither had any excuse for the level of play that they put forth, when the fact is they both had plenty left in the gas tank (Mueller more so the last two seasons).
I've 'thrown him to the dogs' every season he has been here, except for his 1st and to some extent his second (even though in my opinion he was just as much of a floater).

I'm also not praising Mueller, I recognize how much he has sucked in his past two seasons, I was only pointing out a difference in their circumstances that might be a defining factor in determining which of these players actually goes on to being a 'non floater/bad player'.

At least with Mueller we can identify that he was very unhappy in Phoenix, which could mean that him leaving Phoenix is what he needs to turn it around.

Wolski could have also been unhappy here/or he may have suffered from something that was hindering his game with the Avalanche, but we have no way of knowing. With Mueller we do though (we don't know if it is the main reason for why his game has been so lackluster the past two seasons, but we do know that he was very unhappy there, and that has a good chance of meaning that it may have been largely responsible for his poor play).

And I definitely wasn't saying that Mueller had a better excuse (not that this is necessarily what you thought I meant), just that his circumstances could have largely affected his play, whereas in my Wolski has been through several different sets of circumstances (playing with a bunch of great players, different systems, under different coaches, in playoff teams, non playoff teams, at center, at wing, on the PP, etc), and he has ALWAYS been a floater. (contrary to what you say, but that's obviously something we won't agree on)

As for what you said about 'how you could say this, and it would have just as much merit as them saying this...', don't tell me that you haven't asked a fan base about the play of one of their players, and then considered that to likely be true if it's a general consensus among their fans.

One fan (as you put it, and that's you in this example) would not hold just as much merit.

Old
03-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
I've 'thrown him to the dogs' every season he has been here, except for his 1st and to some extent his second (even though in my opinion he was just as much of a floater).

I'm also not praising Mueller, I recognize how much he has sucked in his past two seasons, I was only pointing out a difference in their circumstances that might be a defining factor in determining which of these players actually goes on to being a 'non floater/bad player'.

At least with Mueller we can identify that he was very unhappy in Phoenix, which could mean that him leaving Phoenix is what he needs to turn it around.

Wolski could have also been unhappy here/or he may have suffered from something that was hindering his game with the Avalanche, but we have no way of knowing. With Mueller we do though (we don't know if it is the main reason for why his game has been so lackluster the past two seasons, but we do know that he was very unhappy there, and that has a good chance of meaning that it may have been largely responsible for his poor play).

And I definitely wasn't saying that Mueller had a better excuse (not that this is necessarily what you thought I meant), just that his circumstances could have largely affected his play, whereas in my Wolski has been through several different sets of circumstances (playing with a bunch of great players, different systems, under different coaches, in playoff teams, non playoff teams, at center, at wing, on the PP, etc), and he has ALWAYS been a floater. (contrary to what you say, but that's obviously something we won't agree on)

As for what you said about 'how you could say this, and it would have just as much merit as them saying this...', don't tell me that you haven't asked a fan base about the play of one of their players, and then considered that to likely be true if it's a general consensus among their fans.

One fan (as you put it, and that's you in this example) would not hold just as much merit.
You can't listen to rumors and say that one player was unhappy and not the other. Fact is, neither has publicly proclaimed unhappiness with a coach, a situation, or anything. Giving Mueller an excuse and saying "at least" with him he was unhappy, and Wolski has no excuse, is just ignorant, when you're working with nothing but rumors.

Old
03-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Hermit Wizard Eater

The Coyotes GM said that Mueller asked for a trade out of Phoenix and that he was 'miserable' there.

Old
03-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Didn't he tell Meuller it's a dry heat?

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 10:30 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Didn't he tell Meuller it's a dry heat?

NWAvsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 05:48 AM
El_Loco_Avs

I just hope both sides win big of fail big with this trade. I don't want to get pissed off at teh coyotes