HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal vs Los Angeles 10:00PM EST (RDS HD)(CBC HD)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2010, 09:55 AM
eightyseven

vCash: 500
Price played unbelievable last game. He deserves to start again. I hope Martin isn't stupid enough with this "win and you're in" system. If Price is our future, the coach need to show some faith in him anyway. These head games aren't going to help either goalie.

We're NOT winning a Stanley cup this year regardless of Halak/Price in net, so just give the net to Price who has earned it post-Olympic break. Note that Halak had 3 mediocre outings in a row and the last one resulting in him being pulled, so now it's Price's time to shine again, just like earlier in the season!

Old
03-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Frankenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
We're NOT winning a Stanley cup this year regardless of Halak/Price in net, so just give the net to Price who has earned it post-Olympic break.
I don't understand this logic. It was used last year too when Price wasn't playing well. Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy when you put it like that, no?

I would play Price tonight too, but certainly not for that defeatist reason.

Old
03-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Price played unbelievable last game. He deserves to start again. I hope Martin isn't stupid enough with this "win and you're in" system. If Price is our future, the coach need to show some faith in him anyway. These head games aren't going to help either goalie.

We're NOT winning a Stanley cup this year regardless of Halak/Price in net, so just give the net to Price who has earned it post-Olympic break. Note that Halak had 3 mediocre outings in a row and the last one resulting in him being pulled, so now it's Price's time to shine again, just like earlier in the season!
he didnt win. he doesnt earn another start. thats how our system works right now. however, i hope price plays tanight and i think he deserves another go. if he loses tonight though, id go straight back to halak.

Old
03-06-2010, 10:36 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

I am glad they are starting Halak tonight. The guy has played really well and doesn't deserve to sit on the bench for 3 games right now, especially after a loss. Price played really well against the Sharks and it will be good for his confidence, what a luxury to have 2 solid goalies.

Anyhow, I am really looking forward to this game, it is always exciting watching the Habs and Kings play, moreso now that the Kings are looking legit this year, should be a good one.

Old
03-06-2010, 11:12 AM
habtastic

can the Kings go back to their '93 jerseys? that would be sick.

Old
03-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Max Levine

I'd like to see them go back to this jersey.

Old
03-06-2010, 11:19 AM
JackZap

price was great last game but i think halak will get the start 2nite. u win u in baby

Old
03-06-2010, 11:27 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
he didnt win. he doesnt earn another start. thats how our system works right now. however, i hope price plays tanight and i think he deserves another go. if he loses tonight though, id go straight back to halak.
I love how every win and defeat is all on the goalies. That's the most farfalue statement i have ever heard. I like how our supposed SUPERSTAR Markov who hasn't done squat for over a month now gets away with murder because he is a SUPERSTAR in some Habs fans eyes.

Old
03-06-2010, 11:29 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post

I have this jersey, blank no name. I pull out every once in a while playing pick-up, everyone loves it! Classic jersey.

Old
03-06-2010, 12:04 PM
totalrecall

whispering:

Go Habs go!

Old
03-06-2010, 12:26 PM
holyhabs

Halak starting according the RDS.

Old
03-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I love how every win and defeat is all on the goalies. That's the most farfalue statement i have ever heard. I like how our supposed SUPERSTAR Markov who hasn't done squat for over a month now gets away with murder because he is a SUPERSTAR in some Habs fans eyes.
its not all on the goalies. i just think we have 2 goalies who deserve to play. if one isnt putting up w's, i want the other one in. but this is a gdt. so.

go habs go.

Old
03-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Teufelsdreck

Why would anyone object to starting Halak? By now he's rested after his intense exposure in the Olympics. There'll be further opportunities for Price to play.

Old
03-06-2010, 12:50 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post

Nah; the L.A Lakers have the exact same colors

Old
03-06-2010, 12:50 PM
ludger

Time for Price to start whinning like Halak does, after all it appears that every time Harak cries he is given the net.

Old
03-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
My guess is it will be Halak, based on the "win-in, lose-out" rule that Martin probably discussed with the goalies earlier - it's one fair system that creates less frustration and is still effective for the team.

I don't like west coast games. Remember the poor performance in the 3rd in the Sharks game ? Well - just think that they were playing at 1 a.m., according to their bio clock. Try doing some sport at 1 am yourself - you cannot be in top physical shape - simply not possible.

No way you can compensate for that - I remember a discussion on the Als performance at the BC Lions - they have a week to carefully plan and try to compensate but there is always a drop in energy at the end of the game.

So - I expect a poor physical performance in the third, for biological reasons. If they win it should be during the first or maybe second.

Go HABS Go !
Halak is the confirmed starter as per twitter.

Habsinsideout1: Pat Hickey, gridlocked in L.A., calls to say #Habs Halak is in goal; no morning skate, hence no lines to report

28 mins ago fromtweetdeck

Old
03-06-2010, 12:54 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Price deserved to start today that is crap halak should have got the start tomorrow

Old
03-06-2010, 12:55 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Its Official Halak Starts..

Source: www.habsinsideout.com

Old
03-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludger View Post
Time for Price to start whinning like Halak does, after all it appears that every time Harak cries he is given the net.
Maybe the idea is to mollify Halak until after he's traded. After all, no one wants him to bolt to the KHL.

Old
03-06-2010, 12:57 PM
eightyseven

This is so ridiculous. Halak whines again and he gets the net. Did he not remember his 3 mediocre outings in a row and the last one where he got pulled? If Price had that atrocious of an outing against Philly, Price would've been sat on the bench too. Halak's agent must be brainwashing him into thinking he is better than he really is or Halak's ego is off the charts. He was just on a hot streak for a while and cooled down. Price is finding his game again and now Halak is upset. Geez.

Whatever. Halak better play the game of his life tonight then.

Old
03-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Nedved

Quote:
This is so ridiculous. Halak whines again and he gets the net. Did he not remember his 3 mediocre outings in a row and the last one where he got pulled? If Price had that atrocious of an outing against Philly, Price would've been sat on the bench too. Halak's agent must be brainwashing him into thinking he is better than he really is or Halak's ego is off the charts. He was just on a hot streak for a while and cooled down. Price is finding his game again and now Halak is upset. Geez.

what if he doesnt? and we still win 4-3

Old
03-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Nidema

Quote:

Ugh stop. This is obviously still the win and ur in system. People who claimed Halak was #1 or anything otherwise should realize that in Martin's eyes, there is no #1. Halak never complained. People misinterpreted what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
what if he doesnt? and we still win 4-3
Win and ur in. So Halak will start tomorrow as well if he wins. Martin is not afraid to do this. I seriously think this is one of the most flawed system. It's not like the team in front has anything to do with whether or not the goalie wins....

Old
03-06-2010, 01:11 PM
eightyseven

LA Kings is a good team. Don't kid yourself. Jonathan Quick is #1 in WINS column, which is very impressive. Drew Doughty and Kopitar are beasts.

To be honest, I expect LA Kings to outplay us too so Halak will have to play the game of his life to keep it close and/or steal it.

Old
03-06-2010, 01:17 PM
eightyseven

Quote:
I don't understand this logic. It was used last year too when Price wasn't playing well. Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy when you put it like that, no?

I would play Price tonight too, but certainly not for that defeatist reason.
Price never should've been give the net that playoff year when he clearly struggled post-injury. It's like he was a different goaltender altogether...bizarre, actually.

What I meant was Halak had 3 mediocre outings in a row (save % under 0.900) with the last one resulted in him being pulled against Philly(!), plus the Olympics, and Price has been great these last two games so why not give Price the start tonight? Habs "fans"/Price haters have forgotten how well Price played earlier in the season and pretend like Halak has been flawless all year, which is laughable.

Old
03-06-2010, 01:24 PM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
This management / coach is laughable here in Montreal. This is exactly why they should have traded one goalie (Halak). Absolutely NO WAY Price shouldn't start this game. I love my habs, but i hope they light up Halak, can't stand this anymore ..

None of them can build ANY momentum ..

Closed Thread