HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal vs Los Angeles 10:00PM EST (RDS HD)(CBC HD)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Nidema

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
This management / coach is laughable here in Montreal. This is exactly why they should have traded one goalie (Halak). Absolutely NO WAY Price shouldn't start this game. I love my habs, but i hope they light up Halak, can't stand this anymore ..

None of them can build ANY momentum ..
If you love them, why do you hope Halak gets light up?

Old
03-06-2010, 01:34 PM
eightyseven

Quote:
This management / coach is laughable here in Montreal. This is exactly why they should have traded one goalie (Halak). Absolutely NO WAY Price shouldn't start this game. I love my habs, but i hope they light up Halak, can't stand this anymore ..

It's really sad.....Martin basically blames any loss on the goalie, regardless of how well they play. He expects them to steal every single game, and he's been lucky because Halak/Price have stolen games this season. But you can't keep expecting miracles out of either of them. Price ALMOST stole that game last night and he still gets benched for the next game.

Pathetic. However, I do like Halak's chances better against LA than Anaheim, because Anaheim players will crash his crease just like Philly did.

Old
03-06-2010, 01:38 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
This is so ridiculous. Halak whines again and he gets the net. Did he not remember his 3 mediocre outings in a row and the last one where he got pulled? If Price had that atrocious of an outing against Philly, Price would've been sat on the bench too. Halak's agent must be brainwashing him into thinking he is better than he really is or Halak's ego is off the charts. He was just on a hot streak for a while and cooled down. Price is finding his game again and now Halak is upset. Geez.

Whatever. Halak better play the game of his life tonight then.
I dont think him whinning had anything to do with it. Down the stretch JM has been playing the hot hand.

Old
03-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Perrah

Quote:
It's really sad.....Martin basically blames any loss on the goalie, regardless of how well they play. He expects them to steal every single game, and he's been lucky because Halak/Price have stolen games this season. But you can't keep expecting miracles out of either of them. Price ALMOST stole that game last night and he still gets benched for the next game.

Pathetic. However, I do like Halak's chances better against LA than Anaheim, because Anaheim players will crash his crease just like Philly did.
LA has ryan smyth,brown, simmonds. I think they will be going to the net hard too, I dont think smyth knows any other way to play than to bring it to the net. Should be interesting first time I really get to see the new kings play this season. Any chance of Anaheim laying an egg is gone since kiovu will get them up for that one.

Old
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Should be a good game...

looking forward to seeing the Kings, they've come a long way this year

Old
Habs83

Quote:

I like Price, and I agree he should have started tonight...But the bolded part you wrote needs to be debunked a bit. Martin never blamed Price for the loss against San Jose. In fact:

“I don’t think you can fault him on any of the goals tonight,” Canadiens head coach Jacques Martin said.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz0hQX8Ey33

He's probably starting Halak because even though Price played lights out, we still lost..Also, we have another game against Anaheim tomorrow, so perhaps he goes back to Price tomorrow night

Old
03-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Frankenheimer

Link to Halak's supposed whining? I haven't been keeping up with the minutia of Habs life recently.

Eightyseven, I'm asking you specifically since you brought it up.

Old
03-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
I'd like to see them go back to this jersey.

I actually have this LAK old school jersey, signed by Marcel "Little Beaver" Dionne. It's actually one of my favorite "Non-Habs" jerseys.

99GoHabsGo99, great GDT.

Old
03-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Link to Halak's supposed whining? I haven't been keeping up with the minutia of Habs life recently.

I think he's talking about Halak saying he never felt like the number 1 here.

Old
03-06-2010, 02:04 PM
eightyseven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post

Go to CKAC sports website. Halak basically says he lost the last start against Philly (he was terrible that game) and he knew Martin would go back to Price. But to be fair, Halak played 3 games in a row with a sub 0.900% so it wasn't just "one bad game" as Halak seems to think he played.

Yes, there are A LOT of Price haters including the Montreal journalists out there, but there are also many people who believe in Price and stick by him. If you go out on the road, I'm sure Halak hears all the "Carey! Carey!" chants from the Montreal fans or even at home, when Carey plays a great game, we hear those chants. I rarely hear "Halak!" or "Jaro!" chants.

Loyal fans have seen how brilliant Price can play and let's face it, he's possibly the only up and coming superstar on a Canadian franchise. Let's pray Montreal management isn't stupid enough to trade Price at age 22. I'm tired of seeing young superstars on American franchises.

Old
03-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Frankenheimer

Quote:

Nice. I'm with you bro, I hope they ship one of these guys out. It's maddening reading crap like this from supposed fans.

But consider these facts:

0,918 team save percentage (sixth in the NHL)

best save percentage per dollar in the league by far.

Martin's goaltending system IS working. Both goalies are capable of being number 1, both are getting fair opportunities to play, and both are performing very well. In fact, Halak arguably deserves more playing time given his performance this season.

You can fault Martin for many things, but his handling of the goaltending situation has actually been pretty good.

Quote:
Go to CKAC sports website. Halak basically says he lost the last start against Philly (he was terrible that game) and he knew Martin would go back to Price. But to be fair, Halak played 3 games in a row with a sub 0.900% so it wasn't just "one bad game" as Halak seems to think he played.
So because Halak acknowledged that Price was likely to start following a bad start that constitutes "whining"? Could you clarify how this is "whining"? If you're going to disparage our players I think you should at least be fair, no? I'll check the quote and see for myself I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
I think he's talking about Halak saying he never felt like the number 1 here.
Which is factually correct. Again, help me out here, is this is what passes as whining?

Last edited by Watsatheo: 03-06-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Merge
Old
03-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Stop whinning! Halak start tonight ,Price tommorow what's the problem??

Old
03-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Bunka Gurndeep

Quote:
he's possibly the only up and coming superstar on a Canadian franchise.
Are you for real?

Every Canadian team (except Toronto and Calgary) has one solid prospect that could reach superstar status.

VAN - Cody "God" Hod
EDM - MPS, Eberle, This years pick
OTT - Karlsson
MTL - Price, Subban

Old
03-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Nedved

Quote:

both goalies are considered equal. one is not better then the other. martins rule seems to be win and you're in. both goalies recognize this and if they lose i assume they dont expect to play the next game. imo price is not getting benched, it's just not his turn. he now has to wait till his next turn.

Old
03-06-2010, 03:11 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcooke View Post
Are you for real?

Every Canadian team (except Toronto and Calgary) has one solid prospect that could reach superstar status.

VAN - Cody "God" Hod
EDM - MPS, Eberle, This years pick
OTT - Karlsson
MTL - Price, Subban
You are kidding right ?

Old
03-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Corey

Both goaltenders realize that if they lose to LA, the Habs could be in too deep a hole to extract themselves even with the eventual return of Cammalleri. Therefore, whoever plays will be under great pressure. The responsibility would be similar to what it was like when Halak faced Finland in the Silver Medal game. Of course I hope the Habs win but if they lose I would put my rooting energy into thinking about the entry draft, signing Plekanec, and the roster for next season.

Old
03-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Both goaltenders realize that if they lose to LA, the Habs could be in too deep a hole to extract themselves even with the eventual return of Cammalleri. Therefore, whoever plays will be under great pressure. The responsibility would be similar to what it was like when Halak faced Finland in the Silver Medal game. Of course I hope the Habs win but if they lose I would put my rooting energy into thinking about the entry draft, signing Plekanec, and the roster for next season.
That's news to me...

Old
03-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Bronze medal you mean.

But I agree with what you're saying. This next week is crucial. Then again, any period from now to the end of the season is crucial. If we start losing, we should look at planning for next season, as much as I hate to say it.

Old
03-06-2010, 04:15 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5on3 View Post
Nah; the L.A Lakers have the exact same colors
I think it's a common trend for cities that have multiple teams to adopt the same colours

Lakers - Kings (at the time of their inception)....come to think of it I really don't "get" the black and gray one

White Sox - Hawks (ok that's a stretch)

Pirates - Pens

Phillies - Flyers

Habs - Als

Leafs - Jays (although I don't know what other colour you could choose for a blue jay, maybe that was party of the decision to name them that)

that's just off the top of my head and with hockey as one of them, i'm sure there are more and that are not pure coincidence.

oh, before I forget, comletely OT, but aside from me wanting to punch Brunet for going on about the 25 seconds that we "wasted" not going on a 5 on 3 (rather than 6 on 4, which we did...for 25 seconds)...anyone else remember him refer to the Ducks as the Mighty Ducks? It just strikes me as weird cuz it doesn't sound like something that comes naturally to a Francophone. Hell even I would just say Anaheim, not the Mighty Ducks. Guess he's been watching the Trilogy, which even more OT doesn't make sense at all (going from the WJC to having to beat a Varsity team..)

Old
03-06-2010, 04:20 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
If we start losing, we should look at planning for next season, as much as I hate to say it.
How do you plan for next season? Draw up a chart of "what to do's" ? Play the goalie we keep more than the one we're not? Sit-out ufa guys like Metro, Plek and Mara (assuming we're not keeping them)?

If we start losing, there's nothing much we can do ... but to just play hockey.

If there was a time for planning for next season, it was before the trade deadline.

Makes you wonder, if our hopes can disappear in a matter of a few games - than why the hell did we risk getting Moore? Why not be sellers?

Did Gauthier forget that we played more games than everyone else? Did they not see the schedule - 3 games on the west coast, where we'll be lucky to get 2 points?

I hope everyone realizes, that if we lose the next game or two, and the other teams we're battling against get their points, we can pretty much kiss the year good bye.

Old
03-06-2010, 04:20 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
You are kidding right ?
Re: Eberle.... I don't get it... from what I've seen he's been amazing. Granted it's been at the WJC, but that kid is MONEY.

Old
03-06-2010, 04:21 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
How do you plan for next season? Draw up a chart of "what to do's" ? Play the goalie we keep more than the one we're not? Sit-out ufa guys like Metro, Plek and Mara (assuming we're not keeping them)?

If we start losing, there's nothing much we can do ... but to just play hockey.

If there was a time for planning for next season, it was before the trade deadline.
You figure out who's jerseys you will retire and plan the special jersey nights.

Old
03-06-2010, 04:28 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I actually have this LAK old school jersey, signed by Marcel "Little Beaver" Dionne. It's actually one of my favorite "Non-Habs" jerseys.

99GoHabsGo99, great GDT.
Thanks

Old
03-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I think it's a common trend for cities that have multiple teams to adopt the same colours

Lakers - Kings (at the time of their inception)....come to think of it I really don't "get" the black and gray one

White Sox - Hawks (ok that's a stretch)

Pirates - Pens

Phillies - Flyers

Habs - Als

Leafs - Jays (although I don't know what other colour you could choose for a blue jay, maybe that was party of the decision to name them that)

that's just off the top of my head and with hockey as one of them, i'm sure there are more and that are not pure coincidence.

oh, before I forget, comletely OT, but aside from me wanting to punch Brunet for going on about the 25 seconds that we "wasted" not going on a 5 on 3 (rather than 6 on 4, which we did...for 25 seconds)...anyone else remember him refer to the Ducks as the Mighty Ducks? It just strikes me as weird cuz it doesn't sound like something that comes naturally to a Francophone. Hell even I would just say Anaheim, not the Mighty Ducks. Guess he's been watching the Trilogy, which even more OT doesn't make sense at all (going from the WJC to having to beat a Varsity team..)
Funny thing that. IIRC the Blue Jays were named after the signature beer of the original majority owner, Labatt. The company originally planned to just call them The Toronto Blues but they later changed course and brought in the Jay logo.

Old
03-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:

Get the **** out then. We need less "fans" like you who cheer on individual players over the rest of the team.

Closed Thread