HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Win 4-2

Old
03-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Frankenheimer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Then you ride him like we've been riding Halak the last 10-15 games.
I thought you already decided to start Halak tomorrow if Price played tonight? So you were saying if Price lost, then start Halak tomorrow, I get it now. But if Price loses, then go back to Price if Price plays well. What is your system exactly?

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
I wanna with Gomez

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:50 PM
habtastic

Quote:
What he say?
Scott Oake was asking him what he did during the Olympics.

He said he visited his sister to get away from hockey...and "guys like you" (or something to that effect). He was kidding around, but it was deadpan. The guy cannot be less than a great presence in the dressing room.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Halak is refusing to cooperate with Martin's system of starting Price by winning his starts. Poor teamwork, halak.
Umm way to misinterpret what I said. I said we should pick a starter and go with it. Because you know if Halak lost tonight's game, Price would be in next game.

I am simply for giving your goalie the next start even if they lost. That's how a #1 goalie rolls and it's time Martin decides on one be it Price or Halak.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Then you ride him like we've been riding Halak the last 10-15 games.
Well, not playing a young goalie that you're trying to develop at ALL is obviously not an option. Neither is sitting your most effective goalie 3 games in a row. Price got his two games after a long break, and he looked sharp enough, so what's the problem? Halak = points, for whatever reasons, and this team needs them to make the playoffs.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
Quote:
I thought you already decided to start Halak tomorrow if Price played tonight? So you were saying if Price lost, then start Halak tomorrow, I get it now. But if Price loses, then go back to Price if Price plays well. What is your system exactly?
You didn't post at all in the GDT for Thursdays game, so I'm going to assume you didn't watch it. But Price played awesome. If it wasn't for him, Sharks probably would have put up around 6-7 goals. He was just a wall for most of the game.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRacicot View Post
Halak was just AMAZING tonight! My God, just a gem he was! And those two goals he surrendered -- he had NO CHANCE on those!

Seriously ... terrible. 25 shots on the little faker tonight. And of those 25, I counted 7 from BETWEEN THE RED AND BLUE LINES, and another 9-10 from just past the blue on the boards. So that leaves about 8 shots you could say were actually in any way dangerous.

The Kings had NO PRESSURE put on the little faker tonight. Of course, Halak gets the win, and Price, despite his SCINTILLATING performance in San Jose, gets JACK-SQUAT.

Is there something wrong with this picture???????????
The picture shows that the Sharks are better than the Kings.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Frankenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
You know, the entire goalie fanboy thing is annoying on its own. But I'm sorry..Halak fanboys are the most annoying kind.
What's annoying is seeing someone post about how Halak winning a hockey game when we desperately needed it is screwing up someone's plan of starting Price tomorrow.

Old
Habsfan18

There's just something wrong with Price putting on a performance like he did in SJ, and having to sit the next game.

Then, Halak makes a simple 23 save performance win..which more than likely guarantees him the start tomorrow.

What the hell is that ****..

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The picture shows that the Sharks are better than the Kings.
Life is better without people quoting him.

Old
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
For all the crap Spacek gets, the guy manages to have an amazing +/-. Now +10, tops by far among our D.
lol. as bad as he looks at times, his mistakes rarely lead to goals.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
scottyG

Quote:
Lets see: We've been riding Halak for a good 15 games till the break. After the break Price starts playing really good hockey again but instead of riding him Martin is using this dumb ass system that nobody has yet figured out. In the end Price gets ****ed over AGAIN

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
There's just something wrong with Price putting on a performance like he did in SJ, and having to sit the next game.

Then, Halak makes a simple 23 save performance win..which more than likely guarantees him the start tomorrow.

lol. I don't think tonight was a tryout for Halak. Pretty sure the coach/management already know what they have there from his first 30 games this year. Price's last 2 games were obviously just keeping the young guy active, building on his focus by making sure they're giving him consecutive games instead of just a game here and there, and giving Jaro a well-deserved break after the Olympics.

Quote:
Lets see: We've been riding Halak for a good 15 games till the break. After the break Price starts playing really good hockey again but instead of riding him Martin is using this dumb ass system that nobody has yet figured out. In the end Price gets ****ed over AGAIN
Yes, Price is totally a victim here, hahaha. Carey's good play is good news, in that obviously long lay offs don't affect him that much. He's young, and his time will come.

Old
03-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Nidema

Quote:

I agree but that is part of Price maturing and riding through these tough spots. I guess it must be tough for Price to see him put an effort like he did in SJ when his teammates crap the bed and tonight watch his teammates try harder for another goalie.

But whatever, as long as we win.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
totalrecall

Kings are 5th in west, with 80 points, 38-21-4, that's pretty impressive.
Pens are 39-22-4

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shakenbake7

Am I the only guy hoping that Dominic Moore gets re-upped? We have a shutdown line in the making with Moore and Moen.

shakenbake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Frankenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
You didn't post at all in the GDT for Thursdays game, so I'm going to assume you didn't watch it. But Price played awesome. If it wasn't for him, Sharks probably would have put up around 6-7 goals. He was just a wall for most of the game.
Actually, if you want to be accurate, I said this in the PGT:

Quote:
Only saw part of the second period, but Price looked freaking amazing. Looks a lot more confident and relaxed out there.

Old
03-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Etienne

Quote:
You know, the entire goalie fanboy thing is annoying on its own. But I'm sorry..Halak fanboys are the most annoying kind.
We can use this to promote the sport and create fans in places no one thought of before.

Edward = Carey Price
Jacob = Jaroslav Halak

Undecided b*tch messing with their head =

.................................................. .

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Well as usual, this didn't take long. Try to keep the arguments clean boys, Watsa out.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
i know.

I was so happy with Halak tonight, and then they have to come in and ruin it for everyone. Like seriously ****. The Habs won! Wait at least an hour before getting back into the childish barbs.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingRacicot*

Halak...last 5 games...

Halak in his last 5 games:

3-2

Price in his last 5 games:

2-3

KingRacicot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Max Levine

Am I the only one who actually believes that Price is in net tomorrow?

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

As much as I like Price, Halak just wins guys...there's no choice for Martin to put him in there. Both of them get the job done, but Halak comes out with the win most of the time,that's just the way it is.

I personally am glad we have such great young goaltenders and I'd feel confident with either of them, but this year one is winning and the other is losing despite of playing well. This is the NHL, that's it that's all.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
thetrueblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
lol. as bad as he looks at times, his mistakes rarely lead to goals.
Because Hamr has to play d for both of them? Seriously Spacek to walk the plank...on the wrong side or not, so little hockey sense it is unreal.

Pyatt looked alright out there...Moen & Darche gave 'em hell. SK improved as it went on. Halak tomorrow for the Duck & Koivu I guess.

thetrueblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Frankenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRacicot View Post
Halak was just AMAZING tonight! My God, just a gem he was! And those two goals he surrendered -- he had NO CHANCE on those!

Seriously ... terrible. 25 shots on the little faker tonight. And of those 25, I counted 7 from BETWEEN THE RED AND BLUE LINES, and another 9-10 from just past the blue on the boards. So that leaves about 8 shots you could say were actually in any way dangerous.

The Kings had NO PRESSURE put on the little faker tonight. Of course, Halak gets the win, and Price, despite his SCINTILLATING performance in San Jose, gets JACK-SQUAT.

Is there something wrong with this picture???????????
you don't sound very happy about the habs winning tonight KR, not happy at all.