HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offer Sheet Bobby Ryan

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2010, 12:33 AM
  #51
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Ryan is the better player between the two, whether he's a Ranger fan or not.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:32 AM
  #52
Gardner McKay
Moderator
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 10,022
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
You are forgetting something

The player has to want to sign an offersheet , In past alot of guys have turned down the oppurtunity.

Ryan will not be leaving the Ducks. The Rangers would be best served trading assets for a winger like Versteeg
I don't want Versteeg. Hes good, but he's very over rated. Hes not worth what Chicago would demand for him. GIANT no thank you.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:43 AM
  #53
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabborik View Post
I don't want Versteeg. Hes good, but he's very over rated. Hes not worth what Chicago would demand for him. GIANT no thank you.
agreed. hes not a first line talent imo. he only has 1 more even strength point than marc staal this year...

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 12:19 PM
  #54
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabborik View Post
I don't want Versteeg. Hes good, but he's very over rated. Hes not worth what Chicago would demand for him. GIANT no thank you.
Oh give me a break. How is he overrated? He's a versatile, two-way forward with good puck skills and isn't afraid of contact. We need more players like that. He's already eclipsed Dubinsky's best season in his rookie campaign, so what does that tell you about our own players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
agreed. hes not a first line talent imo. he only has 1 more even strength point than marc staal this year...
Who cares? We don't have enough 2nd line talent, let alone first line talent.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 03:33 PM
  #55
NYRbrah
Registered User
 
NYRbrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island/Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
DO IT pleaseeeeeeeeee

NYRbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 03:53 PM
  #56
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
I know it's a small sample size, but Vertseeg has put up identical numbers as Dubinsky this season and Vertseeg has played in 10 or more games then Dubi. Vertseeg had that one good season (Granted it was his rookie campaign and his only full season) last year and this year his production has dropped off. Could it be because he is getting an average of 15 minutes a night as opposed to Dubi's almost 20 minutes a night?

I agree that Vertseeg is a better player then Dubi. I would love to have him on the Rangers as he can play all 3 forward positions, I believe. He does have a $3 million cap hit the next two seasons, so the Rangers would more then likely have to move some salary back in the deal (Which wont't work for Chicago because they need to move a player to get under the cap for next season, I think at least) or move salary in a seperate deal.

Vertseeg playing in the Rangers top 6 would probably average around 60 - 65 points a year, imo at least.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 03:56 PM
  #57
Vidic15
Registered User
 
Vidic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,077
vCash: 500
Backstrom over Ryan. Plus, we hurt Washington in the process.

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 04:12 PM
  #58
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
Backstrom over Ryan. Plus, we hurt Washington in the process.
Caps have about $19 million in cap space going into next season (If the salary cap stays where it currently is) with 14 players signed. But thats including players like a rookie backup goalie, and tyler sloan. They probably have to signed two more D-men, a decent backup goalie to go with Varlamov, and re-sign players like Fehr, Fleischmann, and Backstrom. They probably will only be able to re-sign 2 of the 3. Backstrom should command at least $5 to $6 million per year on a long term deal, if not more.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 06:06 PM
  #59
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
God forbid we suck really badly for a year or two and draft our own franchise player.

McDonaghisGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 12:51 AM
  #60
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,638
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I know it's a small sample size, but Vertseeg has put up identical numbers as Dubinsky this season and Vertseeg has played in 10 or more games then Dubi. Vertseeg had that one good season (Granted it was his rookie campaign and his only full season) last year and this year his production has dropped off. Could it be because he is getting an average of 15 minutes a night as opposed to Dubi's almost 20 minutes a night?

I agree that Vertseeg is a better player then Dubi. I would love to have him on the Rangers as he can play all 3 forward positions, I believe. He does have a $3 million cap hit the next two seasons, so the Rangers would more then likely have to move some salary back in the deal (Which wont't work for Chicago because they need to move a player to get under the cap for next season, I think at least) or move salary in a seperate deal.

Vertseeg playing in the Rangers top 6 would probably average around 60 - 65 points a year, imo at least.
Versteeg has spent majority of year on our 3rd line with Ladd and Madden. Madden is not the most capable C to feed someone the puck

He also spent time as our #2 C while Bolland was out and is right now our #3 C with Ladd and Byfuglien

I would also add another option could be Patrick Sharp

Hawks may move him this summer also

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 01:17 AM
  #61
Callahan Auto
Rational Police
 
Callahan Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Who cares? We don't have enough 2nd line talent, let alone first line talent.
We have Dubinsky, Prospal, Jokinen, (and to a lesser extent) Callahan and Drury. All second liners. We only have one first liner and that's our problem. Even if you project Prospal and Jokinen leaving, we have young guys that should fill out a decent second line. Our team's scoring problem isn't on our second, third, or fourth line. It starts and ends on the first line. We have a superstar with no one to play with.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 08:25 AM
  #62
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
For those who want to go after Backstrom, where are the Rangers getting the cap space to pony up $6 million for him?

Quote:
We have Dubinsky, Prospal, Jokinen, (and to a lesser extent) Callahan and Drury. All second liners. We only have one first liner and that's our problem. Even if you project Prospal and Jokinen leaving, we have young guys that should fill out a decent second line. Our team's scoring problem isn't on our second, third, or fourth line. It starts and ends on the first line. We have a superstar with no one to play with.
See that is the problem. On a team that is capable of competeing for the Stanley Cup, players like Callahan, Drury, and Dubinsky would be 3rd line players. That is the role they should be playing in an ideal world, with may be just one of them playing in the top 6. I agree with your point on having a player like Christansen centering the first line. The depth is just not there when it comes to scoring in the top 6.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 11:02 PM
  #63
Gardner McKay
Moderator
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 10,022
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Oh give me a break. How is he overrated? He's a versatile, two-way forward with good puck skills and isn't afraid of contact. We need more players like that. He's already eclipsed Dubinsky's best season in his rookie campaign, so what does that tell you about our own players?



Who cares? We don't have enough 2nd line talent, let alone first line talent.
Listen you need to read my posts more carefully. I understand what it says about our own players however... What chicago would demand is for versteeg would not be worth it. Versteeg is a good player yes but again hes not worth what chicago would demand.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.