HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Maxwell Re-Assigned to Hamilton

Old
03-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I heard he's a great nephew of Boom Boom? Can anyone vouch?
Boom Boom was his grand-dad. Blake is Danny's son.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 07:32 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by willalong View Post
Suban is a given and will certainly be on the Canadiens next season, but, experience on the back end is what they need right now.

Patrietty is coming around and is young, I think they know what they have in him.
It could go either way. Suban might sudenly become very good, or he might be assigned to our new minor league team in the Suddan.

Patrietty might be coming around, but they already know they have an AMERICAN there, and it is not very paciorotic to favour non-Canadiens.

Last edited by BaseballCoach: 03-07-2010 at 11:44 AM.
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 11:17 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
It could go either way. Suban might sudenly become very good, or he might be assigned to our new minor league team in the Suddan.

Patrietty might be coming around, but they already know they have an AMERICAN there, and it is not very pacioroticto favour non-Canadiens.
Dude, what?
Sudan has 1 D

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 11:45 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Dude, what?
Sudan has 1 D
All the more reason to send PK there. It's tough to play with only one D, though we did try for a while when MAB was supposedly on D.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 11:53 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
All the more reason to send PK there. It's tough to play with only one D, though we did try for a while when MAB was supposedly on D.
Good point. But I'd send him in the lower tier Sudanese leagues.
HC Khartoum

Old
03-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Bullsmith

I'm very surprised to see Maxwell up. Would've thought Desharmais, White and Trotter were all ahead of him, depending on the role they need filled. But, that said, maybe he'll finally step up and show something at the NHL level. Bout time for it.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

I was not impress with Maxwell's play. When he has the puck, he always dump it and he losses all his battle.. well he had a limited ice-time yesterday (5 mins I think) and it's great like this cause everytime he was on the ice, he was doing anything. He is not the same than in Hamilton.

Wongchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Maybe...but you could still have Moore and Metropolit center the bottom 2 lines?

Maxwell hasn't shown me anything at the NHL level. White at least hits everything in sight and isn't a liability.
I am a huge fan of White but Maxwell, despite the fact that he did not progress as a fast as I was expecting (I really liked him during the 2008-09 pre-season games), is defensively more reliable than White. On the other hand... White rocks!

Canadiens; 2009-10 hits (top10)

1. Maxim Lapierre : 134 (65GP)
2. Travis Moen : 133 (66GP)
3. Ryan O'Byrne : 80 (39GP)
4. Josh Gorges : 75 (66GP)
5. Andrei Kostitsyn : 75 (43GP)
6. Max Pacioretty : 68 (52GP)
7. Hal Gill : 61 (52GP)
8. Marc-Andre Bergeron : 50 (51)
9. Paul Mara : 50 (42GP)
10. Ryan White : 47 (16GP!)
10. Guillaume Latendresse : 47 (23GP)

Source: Canadiens; hits

That being mentioned, I can’t wait to see the line of Moen – Moore – Lapierre again; this line has “playoffs line” written all over it.

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 03-07-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I am a huge fan of White but Maxwell, despite the fact that he did not progress as a fast as I was expecting (I really liked him during the 2008-09 pre-season games), is defensively more reliable than White. On the other hand... White rocks!

Canadiens; 2009-10 hits (top10)

1. Maxim Lapierre : 134 (65GP)
2. Travis Moen : 133 (66GP)
3. Ryan O'Byrne : 80 (39GP)
4. Josh Gorges : 75 (66GP)
5. Andrei Kostitsyn : 75 (43GP)
6. Max Pacioretty : 68 (52GP)
7. Hal Gill : 61 (52GP)
8. Marc-Andre Bergeron : 50 (51)
9. Paul Mara : 50 (42GP)
10. Ryan White : 47 (16GP!)
10. Guillaume Latendresse : 47 (23GP)

Source: Canadiens; hits

That being mentioned, I can’t wait to see the line of Moen – Moore – Lapierre again; this line has “playoffs line” written all over it.

the way Moen-Moore-Sergei played yesterday I think Lapierre will have to play on the 4th line when he come back

on a checking line Sergei>>>Lapierre

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Still have no idea why White wasn't called up.

As for Maxwell, although he's still young..I don't see much in his game that could make him a decent NHL player. Not impressed with him at all.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 08:41 PM
MTL-rules

Maxwell doesn't belong in the NHL... and frankly, he's the only player, with maybe the exception of Wyman, that never ever impressed me, not even on one shift.

Desharnais, White, Trotter, heck... even Mike ****ing Glumac would be more usefull right now.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:12 PM
kernkraft

Maxwell has OK everything skill wise, but he is way too scared to actually do anything

Because every time he does, he gets destroyed with a big hit

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
the way Moen-Moore-Sergei played yesterday I think Lapierre will have to play on the 4th line when he come back

I disagree; imo 3. Moen - Moore – Lapierre >>> 3. Moen - Moore – S. Kostitsyn

PS 22 years old (plenty of room for improvement) Sergei’s backchecking effort is not “on par” with the NHL.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post

Not really. Lapierre does the role of a checking line player good. He just needs to chip in a little bit more offensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Still have no idea why White wasn't called up.

As for Maxwell, although he's still young..I don't see much in his game that could make him a decent NHL player. Not impressed with him at all.
Same here. I still don't get why White wasn't called up.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:38 PM
coolasprICE

I'd put money that he won't be playing Tuesday

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:42 PM
TheBuriedHab

Yea he just hasn't done anything that makes me think he is an nhler yet. White would be a much better fit on the third of fourth.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I hope White is call up for the Tampa game

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Hades

Mathieu Darche said something interesting the other day. He said young guys coming into the NHL usually play to "not make mistakes" instead of playing to create scoring chances. I think that's the problem with Maxwell.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 06:51 AM
deandebean

Poor kid, looks lost.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Corey

Quote:
Good point. But I'd send him in the lower tier Sudanese leagues.
HC Khartoum
How about the Somali league? He'd love living in Mogadishu.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Corey

Maxwell reminds me of Urquhart. The Habs have to stop wasting first and second round picks.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 10:23 AM
marvelousmotion

Although I don't really like Maxwell, and have preferred White over him, the organization does not have a choice really.. They need to do everything possible to try to polish Maxwell. He needs to be NHL-ready by next year.. even if he doesn't start the year in Montreal, he'll most likely be the first one called up in case of injuries. He's the most versatile prospect at this position in Hamilton and he's probably the only one who has a realistic shot at playing as a regular 2nd/3rd line centre in the NHL one day.

I have to agree though that Maxwell's play has not been impressive, and right now, I would much rather see White in a 4th line role with the Habs. From what I remember from the past too, I always thought Maxwell played with much more edge and was much more comfortable with physical play than what I've seen from him this year with the Habs. I don't know where that part from his game went? Hopefully, it's just a confidence issue; him being shy and afraid of making mistakes with the Habs. I hope he's been playing much better in Hamilton.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 10:30 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
How about the Somali league? He'd love living in Mogadishu.
With all the pirates, he'd have to bring along Pleks. You know, for "security" reasons, and we can't afford to lose two generational talents.

Old
03-08-2010, 10:34 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelousmotion View Post
Although I don't really like Maxwell, and have preferred White over him, the organization does not have a choice really.. They need to do everything possible to try to polish Maxwell. He needs to be NHL-ready by next year.. even if he doesn't start the year in Montreal, he'll most likely be the first one called up in case of injuries. He's the most versatile prospect at this position in Hamilton and he's probably the only one who has a realistic shot at playing as a regular 2nd/3rd line centre in the NHL one day.

I have to agree though that Maxwell's play has not been impressive, and right now, I would much rather see White in a 4th line role with the Habs. From what I remember from the past too, I always thought Maxwell played with much more edge and was much more comfortable with physical play than what I've seen from him this year with the Habs. I don't know where that part from his game went? Hopefully, it's just a confidence issue; him being shy and afraid of making mistakes with the Habs. I hope he's been playing much better in Hamilton.

I've been watching Maxwell since the U-17's and I've never seen him playing with any sort of edge or physical game. He's a skilled player that works hard at both ends of the ice but physical he is not and certainly hasn't been at all in Hamilton from the tons of times I've seen him.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Loner

I don't think that Maxwell will ever be a fan favorite. He play a very non-flashy and passive game. I still have hope for him to produce at the NHL level and that his game will be less passive but he will never be flashy. He did not played bad or good yesterday. He positioned himself well. I've seen him crash the net on 3vs2 and he look a lot bigger than last year.

Plekanec at the same age was producing the same or even less than Maxwell in the AHL. Should be fun to know the talent analysis of Plekanec in his first 2 years in the AHL. Maybe Montreal can compare the 2 played at the same age? I'm not saying that Maxwell is better or worse than Plekanec, young players are inconsistent and hard to judge. We need to be patient this time.

Loner is offline   Reply With Quote