HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Besides espn360 for us euros what else is there?

Old
03-04-2010, 03:52 PM
RangerFury

vCash: 500
Besides espn360 for us euros what else is there?

Im interested in buying JUST the Rangers' games. So im wondering is it possible?

Or am i stuck with Espn's full coverage. Nothing wrong with that, but i mean if can get just the Rangers' games cheaper, then screw espn.

thanks

RangerFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Vidic15*

myp2p.eu

I think they have hockey streams there, brother. Ziveli.

Vidic15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 05:05 PM
BrandNewDream

atdhe.net is also very good.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 05:24 PM
RangerFury

thanks for the input guys!

But im thinking more of a paying service.

RangerFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Valverde

They aren't giving us many options, unfortunately. ESPN 360, ESPN America - up to 10 games per season or something like that + your national tv coverage, if it exists of course.

I would gladly pay what, 50 bucks or so just to watch Rangers games, or do some sort of PPV, buck per game for example, but I guess for now the best way is to use streams, the streamers all over the world are doing a great job at covering games.

Good topic, though as it's pathetic, really. It's 2010 and sometimes, hell, many times it's impossible for me to watch a freaking game. With all those technologies, different TVs, ****load of channels you'd think you'll be able to catch a game or two, but no, of course it can't be that easy...

Valverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valverde View Post
They aren't giving us many options, unfortunately. ESPN 360, ESPN America - up to 10 games per season or something like that + your national tv coverage, if it exists of course.

I would gladly pay what, 50 bucks or so just to watch Rangers games, or do some sort of PPV, buck per game for example, but I guess for now the best way is to use streams, the streamers all over the world are doing a great job at covering games.

Good topic, though as it's pathetic, really. It's 2010 and sometimes, hell, many times it's impossible for me to watch a freaking game. With all those technologies, different TVs, ****load of channels you'd think you'll be able to catch a game or two, but no, of course it can't be that easy...
Well if you really want to pay: http://www.hockeystreams.com/

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 05:55 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Fan in PGH View Post
Seems like they have pretty decent prices for the HD Streams.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Valverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Fan in PGH View Post
That's not what I''m saying, obviously I'd prefer a non-limited free access to Rangers games but since it's not possible I think I'd settle for a reasonable price. And about that site: as far as I'm concerned it's the same stuff like adthe or myp2p, so they've got no right to charge for the games.

Old
03-04-2010, 06:03 PM
nikzherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Seems like they have pretty decent prices for the HD Streams.
quality sucks. gamecenter is much much much better, but obviously OP can't get that.

nikzherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
That's not what I''m saying, obviously I'd prefer a non-limited free access to Rangers games but since it's not possible I think I'd settle for a reasonable price. And about that site: as far as I'm concerned it's the same stuff like adthe or myp2p, so they've got no right to charge for the games.
Then don't watch the games. Unfortunately coverage sucks and you have to resort to less ethical means.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Jeff Babchuk

Quote:
They aren't giving us many options, unfortunately. ESPN 360, ESPN America - up to 10 games per season or something like that
Say wut?
I have ESPN America, and I watch 3-4 NHL games per week...

Maybe it differs depending on where you live?
I live in Sweden.

EDIT: Oh, you probably mean Rangers games only...

Jeff Babchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Valverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craah View Post
Say wut?
I have ESPN America, and I watch 3-4 NHL games per week...

Maybe it differs depending on where you live?
I live in Sweden.

EDIT: Oh, you probably mean Rangers games only...
Yep, thats exactly what I meant ESPN America' coverage is pretty good, though college basketball is really getting on my nerves, I mean c'mon, is there anyone in Europe who's watching that? I can understand baseball and american football, as it's American sports network, but COLLEGE basketball? Meh...

Old
03-05-2010, 07:45 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

As a former customer of both Hockeystreams.com (last year) and ESPN360 (3 years), I'd go 100% with ESPN360 this season. I gave another try to HS.com earlier this season, just to see if they improved a bit their services. They didn't at all... Their so called HD streams are just awful, I wouldn't advise this site to my worst enemy... ESPN360 is the way to go, and the quality of the streams is EXACTLY the same as on Game Center. These are the same streams used. And for only 110 dollars for the regular season, you have access to all the Rangers games, plus what? a thousand others more... You won't find better in Europe RangerFury. Outside of torrents sites like cifnation.com for example. Contact me there if needed (user: Jeff). 100% Rangers coverage all season long, games are available within 5-6 hours after they end...

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Ola

HS was great last season but have lost it this year. Too many customers.

Espn360 was as bad as you possibly can imagine last year, but according to reports are decent this year. I don't think anyone who used ESPN360 last year didn't wonder if they were for real or like just a scam.

The problem though is that it can turn in a hurry. Like HS problems are obviously that they became too popular. They had a setup that worked great, then when they got too many subscribers even like their worst quality is unwatchble. Their servers couldn't handle it.

I can't imagine that anyone who had ESPN last year, and used their on-demand service, have renewed their subscriptions. Like they promised the games online within 8 hrs but I doubt 10% of the games were delivered within 24 hrs. So their servers are probably not put to test this year. I wouldn't be suprised if they went downhill again next year now when they have a good rep again.

Hopefully not though.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Jeff Babchuk

Quote:
Yep, thats exactly what I meant ESPN America' coverage is pretty good, though college basketball is really getting on my nerves, I mean c'mon, is there anyone in Europe who's watching that? I can understand baseball and american football, as it's American sports network, but COLLEGE basketball? Meh...
I second that.
And... they also show college football!
Has to be one of the most annoying sports ever.
They play 2-3 seconds - break.
2 secs - break.
3 secs - break.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

(And I will never understand why they call it "football" anyway
- they use their hands most of the time! Handball... )

Jeff Babchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 08:01 AM
AJRanger

HS has been awful this season; buffer, buffer, buffer, lag, lag, lag.

Fortunately ESPN and ESPN America show quite a bit between them so I make do with that.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 08:07 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
HS was great last season but have lost it this year. Too many customers.

Espn360 was as bad as you possibly can imagine last year, but according to reports are decent this year. I don't think anyone who used ESPN360 last year didn't wonder if they were for real or like just a scam.

The problem though is that it can turn in a hurry. Like HS problems are obviously that they became too popular. They had a setup that worked great, then when they got too many subscribers even like their worst quality is unwatchble. Their servers couldn't handle it.

I can't imagine that anyone who had ESPN last year, and used their on-demand service, have renewed their subscriptions. Like they promised the games online within 8 hrs but I doubt 10% of the games were delivered within 24 hrs. So their servers are probably not put to test this year. I wouldn't be suprised if they went downhill again next year now when they have a good rep again.

Hopefully not though.
I call it faith... Let's say I want to believe in a legit and most of all legal service to watch the NHL in Europe. I consider this a long term investment. Time will tell if on the long term I was right to invest money in this this service. I doubt there are less members this season. I'd tend to think it even went up this season. Better service, price going up, you don't do that when your service is already struggling.

Old
03-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Valverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craah View Post
I second that.
And... they also show college football!
Has to be one of the most annoying sports ever.
They play 2-3 seconds - break.
2 secs - break.
3 secs - break.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

(And I will never understand why they call it "football" anyway
- they use their hands most of the time! Handball... )
Personally, I call it handegg.

No offense to handegg fans

Can anyone elaborate on that hockeystreams.com thing? I've always been sure that stuff's illegal. I mean, myp2p etc. had lots of problems, and they're only publishing the links for the games. Other source, adthe, he was forced to stop showing games, now he's only allowed to put the links to other sources... Does anyone have a clue how hockeystreams' situation looks like? Thanks in advance.

Old
03-05-2010, 09:52 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Personally, I call it handegg.

No offense to handegg fans

Can anyone elaborate on that hockeystreams.com thing? I've always been sure that stuff's illegal. I mean, myp2p etc. had lots of problems, and they're only publishing the links for the games. Other source, adthe, he was forced to stop showing games, now he's only allowed to put the links to other sources... Does anyone have a clue how hockeystreams' situation looks like? Thanks in advance.
I posted some thoughts on HS.com here.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=672841

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cuban View Post
I think I'm going for the Premium HD package at hockeystreams. Though I haven't used a service like that before, is it worth it?
"premium HD" is a very not eloquent term imo. like I said, I used hockeystreams for the most part of last season, it was nice. But the HDplus feature was very marginal, and coming with buffering issues. Basically you have 3 different quality there:
  • High quality around 650kbps: awful quality would be more accurate.
  • "HD", around 900kbps: good, but not more. Below what ATDHE brought
  • HD plus around 1800kbps (nice but very rare and with issues).
95% of the games were covered in high quality , 70% in HD and probably less than 5% in HDplus, that last feature have been installed during the season, and was principally used during the POs but again not all the POs games were covered in that quality.

It is said on the site, there will be more HD and HDplus games for this coming season, but that doesn't mean much to me. The quality is very unequal, plus unless you are following a big team like Pittsburgh, New York etc, you have strong chances to see others teams only covered in high quality for the majority of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
I'm interested about the archived games and I've heard they come really late for ESPN360 so I guess I'll go with the hockeystreams.com.
Where Hockeystream was nice is with the archives, because you had access to the games 5-10 minutes after the final whistle. But the unequal quality of the streams still remained and you had to be lucky to get your team at least in "HD".

That's a very tough call, personally I was going to take Hockeystreams this season, presuming ESPN360 was not going to change anything. I don't know anymore. If ESPN360 really brings the same HD stream than the one I posted above, with a delay of only 3 hours for the archives, I'm ready to give them another chance. That quality is far superior to what Hockeystreams will bring, and will be equal from one game to another...

Old
03-07-2010, 11:25 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

I have an espn360 season pass and i get to watch every single Rangers game either live or on demand, i hook my computer up to my tv, the quality is pretty damn decent even in full screen mode. It costs about 15euro (about $26-$28) pr month. Some people might find that expensive, but I dont. I gladly pay that to watch my NYR.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Agitator View Post
I call it faith... Let's say I want to believe in a legit and most of all legal service to watch the NHL in Europe. I consider this a long term investment. Time will tell if on the long term I was right to invest money in this this service. I doubt there are less members this season. I'd tend to think it even went up this season. Better service, price going up, you don't do that when your service is already struggling.
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

...nah but seriously, I agree 100%. I have seen it as a investment. Its a service I've dreamed about.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote