HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Board-To-Board Mock: The Draft!

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2005, 01:24 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles
Well, It's probably between Glen Metropolit and Brett Clark
but since Brett Clark has been a fan favorite...

Brett Clark
Metro!! He was a fan favorite when he played here, back in the day.

All the players I think of end up being protected. And since my brain doesn't seem to be able to remember hardly any other players that are available, I'll go along with a good goalie.......or Legwand!

Old
01-28-2005, 08:38 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

looks like this isn't going to be one of the teams that is going to participate too much in this game... imagine what it'll be like when we get to pick#15 or 20???

The point of putting it on each team's board, rather than on the fantasy thread, is to get fans of their teams involved in this.... talking to JB, when the draft is done, we'll have a FHL sim league created with these picks... we will also get fans from their own teams to be management for each team - letting the team boards vote on GMs, and then the others as AGMs...

this lets each team in the league be run by fans of that team.

I thought it was a brilliant idea to have something like this, since it gets fans involved in a season where there is no hockey. We are spending a lot of time coming up with rules that will make this thing fun and enjoyable, and hopefully as realistic as we can make it in a FHL SIM league.

If you don't want to be involved, just ignore the thread, instead of taking shots at someone for creating it. It does seem however that most fans on other boards are respecting this - infact so far this is the first discussion thread that I've read where you have people that are taking shots at the thread creator what this idea!!

so far we've already started working on rules, and we have someone creating a website with a message board for this, and they'll also be putting all these picks into each team's rosters.

while it's a fair criticism that we don't know all the rules yet, and that affects who teams pick, we're trying to be as fair as possible in it, by not introducing rules that will hurt the picks that have been made - like salary caps for example. We will also leave lots of flexibility where if a player is badly rated in the system, a team can request a rerate, and this could be done by an elected group from the GMs and AGMs who then work as a rerate committee (just ideas we've talked about so far)...

anyways, bottom line is that this is a great way IMO to get a league started that has diehard fans from each team... we thought that the fans from each message board here would love their team enough to make good management choices for their own teams. and from the list of Preds fans that respond on these thread, those fans can choose who they feel is best suited as their GM, and then bring on others as AGMs (since we're trying to make this a complete league where you'll need 2-4 managers per team to run it effectively).

so if you don't like the idea, then do your own thing here and ignore this thread... but I'm sure there are Pred fans out there that would like to be part of this thing, and would like to make their picks based on running or growing a team in this league... we feel this will bring out a good rivalry among fans on these boards as we can see a season unfold with the picks that have been made, and then continue to an offseason, draft, free agency, contract negotiations, etc, to build on the team which the fan base has voted to create.

Old
01-28-2005, 08:54 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Robert Esche it is.

Old
01-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Pred303

It's still all fantasy...it belongs on the fantasy thread,the thread that was created for this type of stuff

Old
01-28-2005, 09:17 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
It's still all fantasy...it belongs on the fantasy thread,the thread that was created for this type of stuff
yes and everyone ignores it there. seriously I don't understand why you have such a big problem with this? No other team board seems to mind this at all, and they are all participating there.... on the canucks board, our mod - without anyone requesting it - stickied the thread because there were so many people interested... every other board I've seen there is lots of discussions, lots of fans making picks.

you guys just seem to have some huge chip on your shoulder here.

again we're looking for Pred fans to run their own team here - the fans collectively making picks for their own team (and I think that picks made by fans of other teams here shouldn't even count, since they aren't Preds fans). It's like any other thread here - you have threads about Milwaukee here, shoudn't that belong in an AHL forum? you yourself created a CHL thread, shouldn't that be on a CHL board?

it's here because the fans are here, and again no one else seems to have a problem with it... the thread is clearly defined too, so if you don't like it, skip it.

Old
01-28-2005, 09:24 AM
animalchin

Preds 303

It seems to me that you have a thing for arguing.

Your point was made a long time ago, and it is weak. This thread clearly has a title that explains what the thread is all about BOARD TO BOARD: THE MOCK...you claim it is wasted time for all the average posters. If you find it wasted time, you sure like to waste a lot of your time by complaining about this thread wasting your time.

Give it a rest, and learn that you can now ignore the 1 thread on your sacred board that is titled clearly enough to warn you that the ultimate offensive content - fantasy hockey - is located inside.

Old
01-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Pred303

great....you guys win,go ahead and sticky it....matters not to me...trig you get my vote for gm

Old
01-28-2005, 09:45 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Robert Esche it is.
I would go with Esche as well.

Old
01-28-2005, 12:18 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i'm saying this one more time, and i'm serious about it:

knock off the bickering, or there's going to be warning points distributed. this is ridiculous.

if you like it...vote, and don't chastise those that don't...

if you don't like it, don't read it, and don't bother those that do.

Old
01-28-2005, 02:58 PM
HyperSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i'm saying this one more time, and i'm serious about it:

knock off the bickering, or there's going to be warning points distributed. this is ridiculous.

if you like it...vote, and don't chastise those that don't...

if you don't like it, don't read it, and don't bother those that do.
Warning Points!!! :lol

Old
01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
well needless to say this team is going to be sucking for awhile. I'm guessing Harts will be raited around a 75, Suter around a 65, and Hammer around a 75. Good luck to whoever the GM is...you'll need it.

Old
01-28-2005, 05:48 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFan77
well needless to say this team is going to be sucking for awhile. I'm guessing Harts will be raited around a 75, Suter around a 65, and Hammer around a 75. Good luck to whoever the GM is...you'll need it.
yes... but here's the thing with a sim league.

This season we have contracts as per NHLPA.com... the Preds will be able to build a young team, and they keep their top unsigned prospects (so they'll be deeper in the prospects ranks than many of the other teams that haven't had the luxury of good young top picks)...

then next offseason - if the Preds were able to earn some coin in their first season, they'll have $$ to use in the free agent market, more so than teams that already start of with a higher payroll.

I think one of the beauties of SIM leagues is that we can manage it in such a way that teams that build successfully can make money - and move their way up to the top financially... were as in reality the size of one's market determines so much.

We are still in the process of building a financial system, but we've talked about trying to do a system that has a level playing field, where teams get awarded with success and good finanical decision making.

of course it's not perfect... but a young team, with solid young players, and a good farm/prospects system can still be competitive in little time, with the right moves and the right signings.

Old
01-28-2005, 05:57 PM

Robert Esche is now a Nashville Predators.

Thrashers are up next!

Old
02-01-2005, 05:06 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

hey guys...

as you guys know we're working on putting a SIM league together for this...

I've posted a discussion thread on the Mock board to discuss the rules:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=127035

please add your comments there if you are interested in being a part of this thing... again if we get little discussion going and not enough interest, now's the time to stop... we've all put in quite a bit of time to get this thing going, and to come up with the most "complete" league we can, and would rather move on to other things (or other leagues) if this doesn't generate enough interest in the end.

the plan is to have as many people on board as possible... rules have been written to include a management team, not just GMs, where others get incentives too... as well as player agents for negotiations.

if you guys have any questions about what's being planned, or anything to do with the league... or just general questions about FHL SIM, please post them there so we can keep all discussion together instead of us answering questions on 30 different team boards.

Thanks.

Last edited by NFITO: 02-01-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Closed Thread