HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

#65: San Jose Sharks vs Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:30 PST CSN-CA(HD)

Old
03-07-2010, 03:12 PM
SharksAddict

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
I'm pretty sure he went through a change once he got here. A lot of his goals in OTT were just snipes.
Definitely agree with you on that point. That in itself is a great sign, that he's been able to change his game to score goals. Very versatile player when it comes to how he scores.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 03:12 PM
CBJenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
If they were playing like **** early in the games, then that would be a valid point. They played a solid 60 minutes for the most part last night. Just took awhile to finally get one by Mason. The key is that they kept at it.
The other thought I had is that maybe they're trying to practice putting pressure on themselves?

Let the other team get the lead, and fighting for the come back is more intense than just taking the lead early, mayhaps they're just doing that kind of thing to get ready for the playoffs.

CBJenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 03:27 PM
68 Z-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJenga View Post
The other thought I had is that maybe they're trying to practice putting pressure on themselves?

Let the other team get the lead, and fighting for the come back is more intense than just taking the lead early, mayhaps they're just doing that kind of thing to get ready for the playoffs.
I doubt they're doing it on purpose, but it's not bad for them to be going through it.

68 Z-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 03:29 PM
jwhitesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
If they were playing like **** early in the games, then that would be a valid point. They played a solid 60 minutes for the most part last night. Just took awhile to finally get one by Mason. The key is that they kept at it.
I agree, I actually think it's a positive sign. In the years past they would put solid pressure for 40 minutes, not score on the goalie, and give up. The last two games, they played a solid 60 minutes and finally wore the other goalie down. Good signs if you ask me.

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Thresher

Frustrating game to watch for the most part. The puck was sliding off sticks and bouncing over blades. I'm glad they were finally able to break through and solve Mason. Nice to see Pavs get on the board for the winner.

(Canadaaa)

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 04:43 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
great shot.

is that Hejda at the bottom there? i'm still cracking up at Heater calling him out. I wonder what was going on behind the scenes?

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Thornton looking goofy as usual.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:06 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
What I like about him is that he's not really scoring flashy goals. He goes to the dirty places to score goals
Excellent point. And let's add, that is the kind of player Joe has never had since he's been with the Sharks, hopefully the missing piece we needed come playoff time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
i know a lot of people would argue otherwise, but to my eyes, the Eastern Conference defenses just don't play as tight as the West. Just watching East vs. East games - it looks like I'm watching a different league sometimes. So much space and time, clean passes, open looks at the net.... can't just be my imagination?
So true. Look at team Canada alone in the just completed Olympics; how many players from the Eastern conference? I believe only 4. That is a huge difference and says a lot on its own.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
So true. Look at team Canada alone in the just completed Olympics; how many players from the Eastern conference? I believe only 4. That is a huge difference and says a lot on its own.
And most importantly, the entire defense was from the West. (Pronger can't be considered an east coaster)

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:30 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
And most importantly, the entire defense was from the West. (Pronger can't be considered an east coaster)
And to add one funny thing on Pronger; the media has been drilling Boyle for his 'hug' with Getzlaf but, did you notice how chummy all the Sharks boys were with Pronger after the tourny was over? All okay now anyways as, not likely the Sharks and Flyers will meet in the finals (hopefully due to them not making it..... I hope)

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote