HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks' Top 20 prospects by HF

Old
03-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Rickety Cricket

vCash: 500
Sharks' Top 20 prospects by HF

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ts_spring2010/

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:26 AM
The Furnace

That's actually not that awful. I'm surprised.

The Furnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Tealblood

we'd be looking a lot worse if it weren't for several surprises. Ferriero came out of nowhere, demers did as well(what a great draft pick he seems to be, 186th overall). With all of our goalie picks it's not a surprise that they're improving(other than sexsmith). I'm surprised they rated Petrecki so high despite his falloff in the AHL.

Good to hear of some of the guy's i've never heard of having good seasons in their respective leagues.

Frazer mclaren was a pretty big surprise for me this season as well. I'd like to see him get another chance to fill the enforcer role soon, still not a big staubitz fan because of his tendency to get dumb penalties.

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Furnace View Post
That's actually not that awful. I'm surprised.
Agreed. Just some nit-picky stuff...

Nick Petrecki is rated way too high.

Greiss isn't a prospect anymore.

Tyson Sexsmith wasn't injured in Worcester, he arrived injured and tried to play though it.

Brandon Mashinter generally plays on the 4th line and fills in on the upper lines as needed.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:49 PM
StalockSuperfan

I'm surprised. That actually seems pretty accurate.

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:52 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I actually can't complain about that list too much. Kudos to the writer for doing a competent job (a nice change of pace on Shark prospect lists)

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 03:53 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

is anyone a little worried that of our top 10 prospects we only have 1 winger and 4 goalies?

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 04:06 PM
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Agreed. Just some nit-picky stuff...

Nick Petrecki is rated way too high.

Greiss isn't a prospect anymore.

Tyson Sexsmith wasn't injured in Worcester, he arrived injured and tried to play though it.

Brandon Mashinter generally plays on the 4th line and fills in on the upper lines as needed.
I agree on Nick, what do you think his rating and position in the top 20 should be?
I can't see him as a top 5, I'm thinking he'd be in the middle some where, more like a 7C.

I think Ferrerio is closer to a 7C.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 04:14 PM
tarlinian

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
is anyone a little worried that of our top 10 prospects we only have 1 winger and 4 goalies?
Well, both Zalewski and Ferriero are pretty much wingers now. So I don't think the lack of winger prospects in the system is as bad as it looks even if closest thing we have to a blue-chip prospect is Frazer McLaren or Ferriero. I'm certainly still feeling somewhat better about our long term defense prospects than our wingers. On a related note, anyone know if Wingels is the kind of player that could transition to wing effectively? (He's a right shot, and unless he's fond of his off wing, he would probably play RW. It would make me feel better about not having any decent RW prospects outside of Ferriero.)

tarlinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 04:17 PM
mexicohockey

Quote:
It concerns me a little bit. It should have an impact on our draft strategy, especially in the later rounds.
On the other hand, it is very likely that we will have a cheap backup for years to come (and perhaps a good starter out of that group) for the next five or so years to come, which will give us more liberties on FA signings.

mexicohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 04:26 PM
SactoShark
💤

vCash: 3000
i think they're all trade bait. doesn't matter what positions they play, it matters how much they're worth.

SactoShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 04:35 PM
mexicohockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
i think they're all trade bait. doesn't matter what positions they play, it matters how much they're worth.
Nobody among our prospects is close to being untouchable (applies to most teams). The fact that we have depth in net is an advantage, teams like the Ducks (who actually have in Pielmeier a former shark prospect who dressed for a game some days ago) might be leaning towards giving up some assets (ok, not necessarily someone likes Huskins/Moen again).

mexicohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Tealblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicohockey View Post
Nobody among our prospects is close to being untouchable (applies to most teams). The fact that we have depth in net is an advantage, teams like the Ducks (who actually have in Pielmeier a former shark prospect who dressed for a game some days ago) might be leaning towards giving up some assets (ok, not necessarily someone likes Huskins/Moen again).
Have you seen pielmeier play against the stockton thunder? He's a whole bunch of "meh" and "blah".

I've seen him maybe 3 times, and he's sucked in every game. I'm in no way upset about us giving him up. He's a crappier german goalie than patzold.

(looks like HF overrates him too, 7.5C for him...)

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 08:57 PM
SC2008

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
Exactly. DW is creative. If there's a need, he'll find a way to get it.

No true #1 Center, Trade for Thornton.

Need picks? Trade Toskala to Toronto.

No #1 D in the system, fine. Trade for Campbell. Campbell doesn't re-sign. Trade for Boyle.

No Elite goal-scorer in the system, no problem. Trade for Heatley.

Since the lockout no GM has made more blockbuster trades than DW.

SC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 10:01 AM
redfish
awesome hockey dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarlinian View Post
Well, both Zalewski and Ferriero are pretty much wingers now. So I don't think the lack of winger prospects in the system is as bad as it looks even if closest thing we have to a blue-chip prospect is Frazer McLaren or Ferriero. I'm certainly still feeling somewhat better about our long term defense prospects than our wingers. On a related note, anyone know if Wingels is the kind of player that could transition to wing effectively? (He's a right shot, and unless he's fond of his off wing, he would probably play RW. It would make me feel better about not having any decent RW prospects outside of Ferriero.)
Wingels can play center or either wing position and has played all three positions over the past three years. However, most of the time he has played right wing.

redfish is offline   Reply With Quote