Montreal Canadiens at Anaheim Ducks 5:00pm PST

Old
03-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Give Sexton more ice time. He is not a 4th line player. Skill players with that type of speed are tough to find. Plus he plays with heart and determination.
Haha sexton looks just like a kid I used to bully in 3rd grade. I still have his ninja turtle lunch box somewhere.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 02:03 AM
sammyp

Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Am I the only that just kind of laughed when Markov scored? It's like I was expecting it. Anyway, this season is over. Say what you want about this team being great with their backs against the wall, etc... It's over. When Detroit is one of the teams you're chasing for the final two spots, and you blow 2 3 GOAL leads in the last 3 games with less then 20 games left, you're ****ed. We're not going to make the playoffs, no chance. Let me put it in more simple terms for those still saying we have a good chance: In order to make the playoffs we have to go like what 14-3 the rest of the way? We need Calgary,Dallas, Detroit, Nashville, St.Louis, and Minnesota to suck. And we need Getzlaf and Perry to act like they give a damn. That last one sealed it for me.

We're not making the playoffs. You want to know the worst part? We probably won't make them for at least another 2 years, bearing some Murray miracle, which I know won't happen.

About the game: We actually didn't have an amazing 1st period like the score indicated. Price was just god awful.

Here's some other notes on the game that I watched instead of doing my college homework:
Perry was ok, but still looked unmotivated at times.

Aside from Getzlaf's pass to Niedermayer, he was terrible. He looks so unmotivated right now it's sickening. I had the Oiler game before the break taped, and for kicks I just watched a few minutes of it, and it made me more depressed. You can tell something is up with Getzlaf. He's just going through the motions. He's finishing checks just by slowly gliding into players. It's really pathetic.

Eminger... well I'd rather sit on my bed post and turn than watch him play again... and it's a big ass bed post.

I thought our top 4 was actually pretty good tonight. Lubo's goal was amazing, and you can just tell he has ridiculous offensive skills. Ward looked good too. He definitely reminds me of OD. This is the only game I've really seen him play, but based on tonight, he looked like he can handle top 4 minutes. Niedermayer and Wiz were solid too. For the first time in a long time our defense was not the weakness.

Koivu and Selanne looked like they did in the olympics... old. Selanne is definitely gone in the offseason. Blake was the best player on that line... AGAIN.

Ryan was terrible as well. I know we need offense, so I really can't blame Carlyle for putting RPG back together, but damn, both Ryans were terrible. Perry wasn't spectacular, but he was willing to get his nose dirty.

Hiller was ok. The shot total was misleading. Until the 3rd and OT, he was barely tested.

I thought the checking line looked pretty bad as well. They didn't have the intensity needed to be a checking line.

The best forwards for the Ducks were Sexton, Blake, and Perry.

The crappiest part of tonight? It was probably the hardest Duck game to watch all season, and it couldn't have happened at a worse time. Our out of town thread should be only to watch Philly's scores. That way we can see if we'll have two top 10 picks, rather than just one.
My thoughts exactly. Same boat regarding the whole college homework deal, too.

This season is done. And no, that's not just some pant****ting response -- I don't do that.

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 02:21 AM
Washington Capitals

Nice player you got there Anaheim.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 02:42 AM
hockeycrew22

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Give Sexton more ice time. He is not a 4th line player. Skill players with that type of speed are tough to find. Plus he plays with heart and determination.
He was one of the few Ducks who I saw that played extremely well. The one constant I notice regarding all of the Ducks losses is the lack of physical play. This team is at its best when it punishes other teams. It's Carlyle's style and it works. Yet this team has no big bodies outside of the top line. For the next game I wouldn't mind seeing Parros being inserted if he's healthy just so he can bang some bodies around. I just don't see the same enthusiasm I have when they were successful and that needs to return.

Anaheim has drifted away from what makes them successfull and they need to regain that for them to have any chance now, which is very unlikely unfortunately.

hockeycrew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 02:43 AM
jepjepjoo

How many points have the Ducks lost because Carlyle keeps Perry a chance in the shootout? He's 1 for 9 now

jepjepjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 02:57 AM
Patito

Send a message via MSN to Patito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington Capitals View Post
Nice player you got there Anaheim.

Who´s this guy? Whitney?

Patito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Bender66
Send in the clowns

Every time Getzlaf makes a blind backhand pass in the neutral or defensive zone, the ducks should have someone punch him in the balls at the next morning skate. Maybe then he'll learn his lesson.

friggin ******

Bender66 is offline   Reply With Quote