Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

BC Tier 2 Bantam's best players

Old
11-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Ravens9

vCash: 500
BC Tier 2 Bantam's best players

Believe it or not Langley B1 is 1st place in tier 2. I don't know much about the players on that team though. Who else is good? Any players stand out, or have high upside?

Ravens9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 03:27 PM
GarbageGab

Vancouver Island Tier 2 teams

There are some very strong tier 2 teams playing tier 1 here on the island.

1. Powell River (evenly skilled group)
2. Juan de Fuca (some top end players but fairly even throughout)
3. Saanich (also some top end players but extra short bench gets them by)
4. Alberni Valley (probably should have stayed in tier 2)

If you look at the schedule there have been some hiccups in their play, however, they seem to be doing well in the higher tier. I just assumed that these hiccups are most likely marking the time when the flu bug made its way through these teams.

JDF won the Tier 2 Provincials last year, however, its up for grabs between the top 3 tier 2 teams this year because JDF success last year was based on a strong 1994 group. Regardless of which of these teams from the island make it to Tier 2 Provincials I honestly think the title will be returning to the island. I heard that Nanaimo Tier 2 team just won one of the Okanagan tournaments and they are one of the weaker teams in tier 2. (note: I'm not sure who was there tho)

This brings up my next surprize as I see that a Tier 3 team (Triport) seems to be dominating Tier 2. Might be some gems on that team and I'll have to check them out the next time they come south.

GarbageGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 08:58 PM
BCHOCKEY

Langley A2 has a good team, but no real standout players...obviously nobody who made the AAA team. Shea Theodore from Aldergrove is the best player by far in Tier 2 in the PCAHA.

BCHOCKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCHOCKEY View Post
Langley A2 has a good team, but no real standout players...obviously nobody who made the AAA team. Shea Theodore from Aldergrove is the best player by far in Tier 2 in the PCAHA.
Agreed about Langley. Theodore needs to play with more of an edge. He can be intimidated and disappears in hard hitting games.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 05:54 AM
BCHOCKEY

No question about that! But is there really anyone else with his skill in that tier?

Old
11-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCHOCKEY View Post
No question about that! But is there really anyone else with his skill in that tier?
Not that I have seen

Old
11-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGab View Post

If you look at the schedule there have been some hiccups in their play, however, they seem to be doing well in the higher tier. I just assumed that these hiccups are most likely marking the time when the flu bug made its way through these teams.

JDF won the Tier 2 Provincials last year, however, its up for grabs between the top 3 tier 2 teams this year because JDF success last year was based on a strong 1994 group. Regardless of which of these teams from the island make it to Tier 2 Provincials I honestly think the title will be returning to the island. I heard that Nanaimo Tier 2 team just won one of the Okanagan tournaments and they are one of the weaker teams in tier 2. (note: I'm not sure who was there tho)

This brings up my next surprize as I see that a Tier 3 team (Triport) seems to be dominating Tier 2. Might be some gems on that team and I'll have to check them out the next time they come south.
Great buncha guys.
Solid group, i'm surprised only one JDF player got drafted in the 2009 Draft.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:43 AM
WHLuser562

On Langley B1.. there's 1 D thats a bit if a standout and that's Kellan Lavallee. He's got great speed, smart, descent hands, not much of a shot and still a very small kid. Size is really the only real downside to him. If he just a couple inches taller and just a little more heavy, he'd be playing AAA this year.

WHLuser562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Fox

Disagree, He has played very timid. Overmatched at the B1 level.

Old
11-30-2009, 10:59 PM
BCHOCKEY

Yeah, I think Lavallee is pretty good. Just small. He's a 96 and will no question do very well next year.

Old
12-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHLuser562 View Post
On Langley B1.. there's 1 D thats a bit if a standout and that's Kellan Lavallee. He's got great speed, smart, descent hands, not much of a shot and still a very small kid. Size is really the only real downside to him. If he just a couple inches taller and just a little more heavy, he'd be playing AAA this year.
Wow, you are in two threads praising the 96 boys from the Vancouver Selects program. The Abby boys and now Lavallee. Interesting....How is Abby doing this year? Lucky Abby has a good goalie in Orth or they would be Tier 2 this year.

Old
12-17-2009, 02:08 AM
ktf

Send a message via MSN to ktf
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGab View Post

Triport has two very good players, a big forward, and their captain a d-man. Other then that they work very hard.

ktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:05 PM
GarbageGab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktf View Post
Triport has two very good players, a big forward, and their captain a d-man. Other then that they work very hard.
Had been meaning to comment also as I finally had the chance to see these boys in action last weekend. Their record in Tier 2 was peaking my interest. Not bad for a tier 3 team. Seem to be very well coached.

I agree that the captain is quite the gritty player, skating looks a little awkward but none the less very effective. Likes to rush the puck and clears the front of the net well.

The big forward #9 is a man among boys as far as size but skating is pretty weak. Excellent shot and boy did he take them, not quite what you would say a fan of the passing game.

Actually, I was most impressed with a small forward #17 who had wheels to burn. Smart player who does the right thing with and without the puck also. Unfortunately he's a little small.

I would have to watch this team play again as the Saanich team they were playing weren't very good. There maybe some more decent players who weren't shining this day. I also didn't get the chance to ask anyone who were 95's or 96's either. It's a shame I missed the VRC game as I heard that they should have won that one or so the gentleman told me (maybe he was a little biased LOL) and from what he said it was a little more entertaining.

GarbageGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 05:20 PM
spark14

Bantam Tier 2

I have watched many of the Tier 2 teams throughout the province play. Many from the Lower Mainland, Okanagan, Interior, Island and North area's. Anybody have a list of the top 96 born players throughout the province?

spark14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Hurricanes42

Possibly Cranbrook? Placed 2nd at tier 2 last year, excited to watch them there again this year. Heard they were undefeated in SCAHL

Hurricanes42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Futures

Cranbrook is Tier 1 trust me, they lost 1 game this year in the Bantam AA SCAHL division. Hockey Alberta needs to boot them back to BC or promote them to the AAA league in Alberta. They are at Tier 1 Provincials this week and lost 5-4 against BWC who I believe are one of the top teams in Western Canada. They lost Chynoweth to Lethbridge this year and he wasnt even there top 95 born player.Dont care if they have to travel that is there problem not Hockey Alberta.

Futures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Hurricanes42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futures View Post
Cranbrook is Tier 1 trust me, they lost 1 game this year in the Bantam AA SCAHL division. Hockey Alberta needs to boot them back to BC or promote them to the AAA league in Alberta. They are at Tier 1 Provincials this week and lost 5-4 against BWC who I believe are one of the top teams in Western Canada. They lost Chynoweth to Lethbridge this year and he wasnt even there top 95 born player.Dont care if they have to travel that is there problem not Hockey Alberta.
Chynoweth is Cranbrooks best '95 born player by far.

Hurricanes42 is offline   Reply With Quote