Tony Stewart has Eldora, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. built a track in Alabama, Rusty Wallace was one of the big forces behind Iowa Speedway...now one of the all-time best wants real estate in Columbus? Loving this.
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
For those of you who care about football (or parties), here is my famous prop betting sheet, updated for the 2010 Super Bowl.
Instructions... Print as many of these as you have guests, Collect $5 per person, and make them fill the sheet out BEFORE KICKOFF.
After the game, check websites for stats you didn't immediately know the answers to, grade the papers, winner takes all the money.
This works! It will keep your whole party interested in the game for the duration.
1. Every time they mention hurricane Katrina, drink 1
2. If they show pictures of the City of New Orleans right after Katrina, drink 1
3. Every time they say how much the Saints mean to the City of New Orleans , drink 1
4. Every time the words “tragedy”, “flood”, or “devastation” are used, drink 1
5. Every time they talk about how good Reggie Bush was in college, drink 3
6. If they show Kim Kardashian in the stands, drink 5
7. Every time they show a picture of Reggie Bush with a bat or say “bringing the wood” drink for 5 seconds.
8. Every time Reggie Bush gets negative yardage trying to run around in the backfield a bunch and outrun the defense, drink 1 and turn to the person next to you and say “I told you Vince Young should have won the Heisman”
9. Every time Reggie Bush gets up and flexes his arms in that pose he likes to do, drink 1
10. If they mention Tim Tebow for any reason, funnel a beer
11. Every time they say that “it’s destiny for the Saints to win” drink 1
12. If they show footage of Katrina survivors at the Superdome, take a shot of cheap liquor
13. If they call Saints fans the most passionate fans in football, drink 1
14. If they say that the Saints, Saints fans, or the City of New Orleans “deserve” a Superbowl victory, drink 1
15. Every time they say how good of a story the Saints are, drink 1
16. If Jeremy Shockey pretends to be hurt after dropping a pass, drink 2
17. If they mention the Saints beating the Falcons in 2006 in the first game after Katrina in the Superdome, drink 5 and remember that we are still a better football team with better fans.
18. Every time they compare hurricane Katrina to the Haiti earthquake, funnel a beer and yell “bull****!”
19. Every time they mention Drew Brees as the Mardi Gras king, drink 1
20. Every time they show Archie Manning, drink 1, and mention how bad he sucked. If they show old footage of him on the Saints, drink 2. If they mention how tough of a decision it was for him as for whom to cheer for, drink 3.
21. Every time they show a saints fan yelling “Who dat!” Or a sign/shirt saying the same, drink 1.
22. If they show Chris Paul at the game, drink 1 and mention to someone how much better he is than Devon Williams.
23. If they show former Mayor Ray Nagin, drink 5 and then punch someone in the balls.
Just want to take a moment to brag. My sons CCYHA Mite Wild team went to that state up north to that city up North and swept their division of the Motorcity Cup. They beat two teams from Michigan along the way. So much for our youth teams not being able to go north and compete.
Without Hejduk and Schelotto, down 2-0 at the half, the Crew came back in the second half to draw Mexican League champion Toluca 2-2 at Crew Stadium tonight. Lenhart buried both of 'em. So refreshing to root for a Columbus team that OVERacheives!