HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky

Old
03-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Garfinkel1

vCash: 500
There is NOTHING wrong with what Dubi brings every night. Even when he doesn't put up points he still is an effective PK'er, Hard-hitting top 6 forward. (which is essential for a playoff team). Plus, Why trade Dubi for a 'legit' top 6 when Dubi's got a great contract and will be part of this team for time to come.

It is ESSENTIAL to build a persona in your locker room that everyone sticks up for each other and gives their all night in and night out. It starts by holding onto the roster players that show that heart...Maybe even pick them over more skilled players who don't care. Just my opinion though.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 09:09 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
My god...10 years. Do you understand there are sports franchises just as old as the Rangers that have done far less.

We are in far better shape than a lot of other franchises. But for some reason our fans think we have a birth right to win the cup EVERY single year. Which in itself is amazing considering we have won one title in the last 70 years.

Once again...we are the Cubs of hockey...not the Yankees. You want the Yankees of hockey...meet the Red Wings or Canadiens.
Not often that you find a fan happy to be the Cubs of anything but if you think that's acceptable, you might consider aiming a little bit higher.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 09:27 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Man you guys took the Cubs comment completely out of context.

My point was that if you are going to look for a sports franchise to compare to Rangers too its the Cubs, not the Yankees.

Being a Yankees fan, I have come across many fellow Bronx Bombers fans who think the Yankees have a birthright the win the title every single season.

Being a Rangers fan, I have come across the same...a lot of those people post on this message board.

My point is that while Yankee fans can feel that way about the Yanks...Rangers fans shouldn't because we are more like the Cubs than we are the Yankees.

So...no I do not enjoy mediocrity, and no I do not like to watch the team lose. I will say however, that after the way this team sucked for the better part of my childhood, just the simple idea of seeing them make the post season makes me happy. And I find it funny how some of you have a stick up your ass and your nose in the air like we somehow should be one of the elite teams in the NHL year after year when that has NEVER been the case, aside from a few years in the 1990s.

So before you jump down my throat...try to put a little context into what you are reading. But then again I know how hard that is for some people around here...

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 09:39 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
I am not bashing you, I am simply pointing out the reality of almost ALL of your opinions regarding anything that this team, and Sather, does. Your fanatical anti-Sather rhetoric is entertaining but doesn't belong in this thread. Neither does the wacko pro-Sather rally stuff, unless we are organizing a pro-Dubinsky parade.
Again, that isn't actually true, but I'm sure you'll keep saying it anyway. But at least you're entertained. I am legitimately glad that that's the case.

Also, just to be clear, I'm not the one that began discussing the Sather stuff in this thread. Upon seeing it a decent amount of it, however, I forgot this was the Dubinsky thread to begin with, and I did respond.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 09:42 PM
pld459666

Quote:
My god...10 years. Do you understand there are sports franchises just as old as the Rangers that have done far less.

We are in far better shape than a lot of other franchises. But for some reason our fans think we have a birth right to win the cup EVERY single year. Which in itself is amazing considering we have won one title in the last 70 years.

Once again...we are the Cubs of hockey...not the Yankees. You want the Yankees of hockey...meet the Red Wings or Canadiens.
to your first point, who cares about those other franchises. I'm a Rangers fan and when i go to games, I spend ALOT MORE than those fans do at their respective games. I could give a rats arse about other franchises.

If you are satisfied with mediocrity, that's your right. Just as it is my right to want and demand more. Now I know not every move is going to work out, but what I find disgusting is that the moves made and the contracts handed out to failing players and slightly above marginal players is absolutely disgusting. Redden had shown decline in his game for the three previous years before signing here. What made anyone believe he was going to turn that around? I understand the thought behind signing Gomez and Drury, but we didn't need to hamstring the franchise with both players.

You wear that one cup in 70 years like a badge of honor, I find that embarrassing.

And to proudly liken us to the Cubs of Hockey is now, and NEVER WILL BE A GOOD THING.

There's no compliment there. There's nothing to be happy about there. In fact the more I think of the more I want to hide in shame.

just have to say wow to your opinion here. Sad really.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Crease

I almost want to hijack my own thread back on-topic.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 10:13 PM
dtrap

First of all...you need to go back about 2 posts and read my last response. Because like others you took my comment COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT. But I guess I will respond....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
to your first point, who cares about those other franchises. I'm a Rangers fan and when i go to games, I spend ALOT MORE than those fans do at their respective games. I could give a rats arse about other franchises.
OOOOOO big man. Do you feel better about yourself throwing the fact that you spend money around? And how the hell do you know you spend more anyway? Do you have credit card receipts from every sports team and stadium in America? Honestly I shouldn't even respond to the rest of this because that line made you sound like a ****ing putz...

[/QUOTE]If you are satisfied with mediocrity, that's your right. Just as it is my right to want and demand more. Now I know not every move is going to work out, but what I find disgusting is that the moves made and the contracts handed out to failing players and slightly above marginal players is absolutely disgusting. Redden had shown decline in his game for the three previous years before signing here. What made anyone believe he was going to turn that around? I understand the thought behind signing Gomez and Drury, but we didn't need to hamstring the franchise with both players.[/QUOTE]

Again...I never said I was satisfied with mediocrity...all I said is that we compare better to the Cubs than we do the Yankees.

[/QUOTE]You wear that one cup in 70 years like a badge of honor, I find that embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

Again...I never said I was satisfied with mediocrity...all I said is that we compare better to the Cubs than we do the Yankees.

[/QUOTE]And to proudly liken us to the Cubs of Hockey is now, and NEVER WILL BE A GOOD THING.[/QUOTE]

Once more...I never said I was satisfied with mediocrity...all I said is that we compare better to the Cubs than we do the Yankees.

[/QUOTE]There's no compliment there. There's nothing to be happy about there. In fact the more I think of the more I want to hide in shame.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]just have to say wow to your opinion here. Sad really.[/QUOTE]

Old
03-09-2010, 10:22 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
There is NOTHING wrong with what Dubi brings every night. Even when he doesn't put up points he still is an effective PK'er, Hard-hitting top 6 forward. (which is essential for a playoff team). Plus, Why trade Dubi for a 'legit' top 6 when Dubi's got a great contract and will be part of this team for time to come.

It is ESSENTIAL to build a persona in your locker room that everyone sticks up for each other and gives their all night in and night out. It starts by holding onto the roster players that show that heart...Maybe even pick them over more skilled players who don't care. Just my opinion though.
agree on all pts

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 10:24 PM
chosen

Quote:

My point was that if you are going to look for a sports franchise to compare to Rangers too its the Cubs, not the Yankees.

Being a Yankees fan, I have come across many fellow Bronx Bombers fans who think the Yankees have a birthright the win the title every single season.

Being a Rangers fan, I have come across the same...a lot of those people post on this message board.

My point is that while Yankee fans can feel that way about the Yanks...Rangers fans shouldn't because we are more like the Cubs than we are the Yankees.

So...no I do not enjoy mediocrity, and no I do not like to watch the team lose. I will say however, that after the way this team sucked for the better part of my childhood, just the simple idea of seeing them make the post season makes me happy. And I find it funny how some of you have a stick up your ass and your nose in the air like we somehow should be one of the elite teams in the NHL year after year when that has NEVER been the case, aside from a few years in the 1990s.

So before you jump down my throat...try to put a little context into what you are reading. But then again I know how hard that is for some people around here...
Your comment was not taken out of context at all. We repeated back to you what you wrote. That is not out of context. You then repeated it in the same way which only adds to the confusion of what you are trying to say.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 11:14 PM
GAGLine

Quote:

Dude, you are so far off base it's not even funny. When has anyone said they expect to win every year? Please link even one post suggesting that.

You are the one who called us the Cubs of hockey and claiming every else wants to be the Yankees. No idea where you got that from, but we aren't the ones putting words in your mouth. You're doing fine by yourself.

2 playoff series wins in 10 years. That is unacceptable, even for the "Cubs" of hockey.

Teams that have played in Cup finals since Sather took over:

New Jersey (1 loss, 1 win)
Colorado (1 win)
Detroit (2 wins, 1 loss)
Carolina (1 loss, 1 win)
Anaheim (1 loss, 1 win)
Tampa Bay (1 win)
Calgary (1 loss)
Edmonton (1 loss)
Ottowa (1 loss)
Pittsburgh (1 loss, 1 win)

That's 33% of the league that has been to the finals at least once in the last 8 years (4 before lockout and 4 after). 7 different winners.

Conference finals:

New Jersey (2 wins)
Pittsburgh (2 wins, 1 loss)
Colorado (1 win, 1 loss)
St. Louis (1 loss)
Carolina (2 win, 1 loss)
Toronto (1 loss)
Detroit (3 wins, 1 loss)
Ottowa (1 loss, 1 win)
Minnesota (1 loss)
Anaheim (2 wins, 1 loss)
Tampa Bay (1 win)
Philadelphia (2 losses)
San Jose (1 loss)
Calgary (1 win)
Buffalo (2 losses)
Edmonton (1 win)
Dallas (1 loss)
Chicago (1 loss)

18 of the 30 teams in the league have been to the conference finals at least once since Sather took over. 60% of the league. We aren't one of them. When you can't do what more than half of the league has done, that makes you below average.

Oh, and since Sather took over, here is our final regular season standings:

2001: 21st
2002: 21st
2003: 19th
2004: 25th
2006: 10th
2007: 15th
2008: 9th
2009: 12th
2010: Currently 22nd

Still think Sather's done a good job?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 11:22 PM
dtrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Dude, you are so far off base it's not even funny. When has anyone said they expect to win every year? Please link even one post suggesting that.

You are the one who called us the Cubs of hockey and claiming every else wants to be the Yankees. No idea where you got that from, but we aren't the ones putting words in your mouth. You're doing fine by yourself.

2 playoff series wins in 10 years. That is unacceptable, even for the "Cubs" of hockey.

Teams that have played in Cup finals since Sather took over:

New Jersey (1 loss, 1 win)
Colorado (1 win)
Detroit (2 wins, 1 loss)
Carolina (1 loss, 1 win)
Anaheim (1 loss, 1 win)
Tampa Bay (1 win)
Calgary (1 loss)
Edmonton (1 loss)
Ottowa (1 loss)
Pittsburgh (1 loss, 1 win)

That's 33% of the league that has been to the finals at least once in the last 8 years (4 before lockout and 4 after). 7 different winners.

Conference finals:

New Jersey (2 wins)
Pittsburgh (2 wins, 1 loss)
Colorado (1 win, 1 loss)
St. Louis (1 loss)
Carolina (2 win, 1 loss)
Toronto (1 loss)
Detroit (3 wins, 1 loss)
Ottowa (1 loss, 1 win)
Minnesota (1 loss)
Anaheim (2 wins, 1 loss)
Tampa Bay (1 win)
Philadelphia (2 losses)
San Jose (1 loss)
Calgary (1 win)
Buffalo (2 losses)
Edmonton (1 win)
Dallas (1 loss)
Chicago (1 loss)

18 of the 30 teams in the league have been to the conference finals at least once since Sather took over. 60% of the league. We aren't one of them. When you can't do what more than half of the league has done, that makes you below average.

Oh, and since Sather took over, here is our final regular season standings:

2001: 21st
2002: 21st
2003: 19th
2004: 25th
2006: 10th
2007: 15th
2008: 9th
2009: 12th
2010: Currently 22nd

Still think Sather's done a good job?
I have never once said Sather has done a good job. All I said is that some of the moves he has made (Drury, Gomez) made sense at the time...

Old
03-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Crease

So...uh...what do you guys think of Dubinsky?

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
So...uh...what do you guys think of Dubinsky?
apparently he's not Jewish. Steve Dubinsky on the other hand, is.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 11:46 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
It would have been a big score for us. Steve, why couldn't you have been more like Brandon?

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Axxion89

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
That made me LOL

Back to Dubi though, I always liked the guy even when other fans were hanging the guy for holding out for a few extra bucks. Dubi has been a great player for us and I can see him being a part of this teams future for years to come. Honestly, I also think that he is more valuable than Callahan because as a center and a playmaker (my opinion of what he will be), he can make more players better than Callahan. I still love Callahan (future 30 goal scorer if this team can score) but Dubi has more potential to me than Cally.

As far as trading Dubi, I would only do it for a proven player who can contribute but I would be dissapointed if he did get traded.

Axxion89 is offline   Reply With Quote