HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darche Madness. Habs Win!

Old
03-09-2010, 11:58 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Spacek has a team-best +12 right now... This guy doesn't get enough love. Might not bring as much offense as we expected, but he's damn efficient for getting the puck out of our zone. He sacrifices the body. A case could be made about his contract, but he's doing an honest job.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Spacek has a team-best +12 right now... This guy doesn't get enough love. Might not bring as much offense as we expected, but he's damn efficient for getting the puck out of our zone. He sacrifices the body. A case could be made about his contract, but he's doing an honest job.
Yeah, he does give it all and he tends to make these great defensive plays that just make you go "wow, there's the Spacek I wanted"

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Spacek was phenomenal tonite.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Teufelsdreck

Gomez: great game. Bottom liners come through again. What dum-dum prefers White to Darche because of his grit? Fiddlesticks! Darche already has 5 goals while White sniffs glue. Moore head and shoulders over Maxwell, a mannequin on ice.

The Leafs have played better since trading away half their forwards. Burke may know what he's doing after all. Anyway, thanks for beating the Sens and Bruins.

With 4 wins in their last 5 games, the Habs have come close to cementing a place in the playoffs. Look how their rivals are botching their games in hand! The Bruins are not sure bets for the playoffs and the Lightning and the Thrashers are in jeopardy.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
katatoniak

I cant wait for Camalleri's return.

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Camalleri - Plekanec - AK (He starts to look better)

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 12:24 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Gomez: great game. Bottom liners come through again. What dum-dum prefers White to Darche because of his grit? Fiddlesticks! Darche already has 5 goals while White sniffs glue. Moore head and shoulders over Maxwell, a mannequin on ice.

The Leafs have played better since trading away half their forwards. Burke may know what he's doing after all. Anyway, thanks for beating the Sens and Bruins.

With 4 wins in their last 5 games, the Habs have come close to cementing a place in the playoffs. Look how their rivals are botching their games in hand! The Bruins are not sure bets for the playoffs and the Lightning and the Thrashers are in jeopardy.
That guy is so weak, it's not even funny. get pushed around all the time. I would really prefer Ryan White. At least, he hits and he plays with ''anger''.

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 12:27 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
+ 1, honestly pleased with what he brings to the table ... I know a lot will disagree but he is a very solid top 4 ... disapointing on the pp but to be thrown out on the right side and banking the 5 on 5 minutes while being positive is just fine... he also looks like a team guy ... not THE leader, but you see that he's willing to put a lot on the line for this team...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 12:31 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
That guy is so weak, it's not even funny. get pushed around all the time. I would really prefer Ryan White. At least, he hits and he plays with ''anger''.
totally agree , especially for a playoff push... but his offensive potential justifies the patience imho ... if dagostini fetched 40 games playing like horse poop, maxwell should be given the chance to play enough games to understand what he needs to work on and adress to comeback in the nhl ... but playoff urgency makes you right, imho.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Gomez was F* fantastic tonite.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
What dum-dum prefers White to Darche because of his grit? Fiddlesticks! Darche already has 5 goals while White sniffs glue. Moore head and shoulders over Maxwell, a mannequin on ice.
This section amused me greatly.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 01:07 AM
CaZn0

Food for thoughts .... if you put Carey Price in the nets for Tampa Bay, instead of those 2 atrocious goalies, did Tampa Bay had a chance? ..... since this all of on your minds. I think Tampa could of get that game. Halak out-performed the 2 others.

CaZn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

I don't think Plek even missed a shift...

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 02:20 AM
marc88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
I don't think Plek even missed a shift...
thats what I was thinking when I watched it..I knew I wasn't going crazy lol

marc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 02:23 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc88 View Post
thats what I was thinking when I watched it..I knew I wasn't going crazy lol
lol same here, I was scared for a sec that Pleks really was injured.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Lemons

the guy looks like a mix of kyle chipchura and carey price.

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:17 AM
BLONG7

Gomez was awesome, and the bottom six are finally playing well...nice two pts...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Prudentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
How the hell are we gonna keep pouliot with teh current cap situation??
At this point I think A. Kost will be the odd man out next season if we have salary cap problem. Even though I personally feel he's always been overrated, he's clearly the weakest link in the top 6 consisting of Gionta, Cammalleri, Gomez, Plekanec and Pouliot at this point, without a doubt. It's the most likely scenario that I can see, and they'll probably give S. Kost a chance in the top 6 and if that doesn't work out - they'll just rotate players in and out until they can find somebody.

That's $3.5mil off the hook, if I'm correct(or maybe $3.25)?

Prudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 07:13 AM
Hab-Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
At this point I think A. Kost will be the odd man out next season if we have salary cap problem. Even though I personally feel he's always been overrated, he's clearly the weakest link in the top 6 consisting of Gionta, Cammalleri, Gomez, Plekanec and Pouliot at this point, without a doubt. It's the most likely scenario that I can see, and they'll probably give S. Kost a chance in the top 6 and if that doesn't work out - they'll just rotate players in and out until they can find somebody.

That's $3.5mil off the hook, if I'm correct(or maybe $3.25)?
How quickly some people forget how amazingly A. Kost was playing before he got injured..

Hab-Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Prudentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-Dawgs View Post
How quickly some people forget how amazingly A. Kost was playing before he got injured..
Way to miss completely the point. He's hasn't shown to be any better then the 5 players I mentionned at all this year, except for maybe 5 games at most. He's the most inconsistent aswell, which doesn't help him. If you don't think he's the most likely to get traded, you're in denial.

It would be different perhaps if the salary cap wasn't an issue, but it is.

Prudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
totally agree , especially for a playoff push... but his offensive potential justifies the patience imho ... if dagostini fetched 40 games playing like horse poop, maxwell should be given the chance to play enough games to understand what he needs to work on and adress to comeback in the nhl ... but playoff urgency makes you right, imho.
The good thing about maxwell is that he isn't a defensive liabilty. White on the other hand... He may play on the pk, but that doesn't mean he plays defensively well 5v5.

He hits a lot, but that's all he's good for right now. He is always out of position and barely contributes offensively. They made the right choice with Maxwell as he is just a fill in until lapierre is back, and won't do anything stupid till then.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 09:15 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
Way to miss completely the point. He's hasn't shown to be any better then the 5 players I mentionned at all this year, except for maybe 5 games at most. He's the most inconsistent aswell, which doesn't help him. If you don't think he's the most likely to get traded, you're in denial.

It would be different perhaps if the salary cap wasn't an issue, but it is.
I don't think you remember the 20 games where he was absolutly unstopable he might be the weak link but no way in hell do we trade him, if he can ever string it for a season then he'll be unbelievable

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 09:15 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

Gomez, so impressive tonight. I hope some of the haters see why he has so many supporters. I don't remember the last time we had a player so strong in all 3 zones, I dare say it he is playing like a good number 1 centre right now.

Glad the boys came out strong and took it to the Lightning at home in a tough playoff race as it seems Tampa always brings it in Montreal for obvious reasons. Darche, Spacek, Metro, Moen, Moore, Benpoo, Gionta and Markov all with solid games. The Kosty's didn't have much to show but I feel they are on the verge of breaking out, which would be huge for this team.

Is anyone still upset over the 2011 2nd rounder we gave up for Moore? I have liked the trade since day 1 as I have seen first hand in Toronto how good he can be. He is playing like the perfect 3rd line centre that every good playoff team needs and has elevated the play of his linemates.

Also I am glad Pleks is OK, I was going to have a heart attack when I saw that hit. Once Cammel toe gets back this team is going to make a run, book it.

11Goat11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 09:44 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post

but stooopppiidd leafs couldn't win in regulation
AAAAAAARGH! STOP STOP STOP cheering for Laffs losses. You do realize that:

1: They are Tanking.

2: BOSTON, yes, BOSTON gets thier first pick next year?

I can't believe they're tanking without first pick. What suckasses. Good for Crapolina at least and their pride.

Best possible result this year? Laffs finish 9th. The last thing we want is Laffs losses. Get with it man.

bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 09:55 AM
MuzzleLoader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake7 View Post
Get season tickets for that girl with the big boobs that the camera man was clearly obsessed with! She's our new good luck charm!
Totally agree, she played one heck of a game last night!

MuzzleLoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 10:04 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzleLoader View Post
Totally agree, she played one heck of a game last night!
and looked great in HD too!

11Goat11 is online now   Reply With Quote