HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

GDT: #65: Islanders @ Flyers - March 9, 2010 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2010, 09:05 AM
  #551
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Great game tonight from Hartnell. I still think he's on his way out but he looked extremely focused and played with the same intensity as the Montreal game. JvR looks to have hit the rookie wall, I wouldn't mind if he's scratched for a few down the stretch. Aside from Leighton and maybe Carle, I thought we played well and really came together after that weak 2nd goal.

For Islander Fans, better days are finally on the horizon. I've been very impressed with this organization the last 2 years. It's so tempting to rush a player into the bigs and ruin his development but the Islanders are doing it right. This is going to a very good team in 2-3 years.
I think JVR has been fine. He hit his rookie wall 20 games in. This coming from the guy who made a post about him struggling months ago and was berated.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 09:46 AM
  #552
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I think JVR has been fine. He hit his rookie wall 20 games in. This coming from the guy who made a post about him struggling months ago and was berated.
I think he's lost some confidence with the puck, but he's still helping out his linemates and will get back to putting points on the board. As a rookie he's doing a decent job as a 3rd liner. Expectations are still high for him to return to that early form, but consistency is something that usually improves as players get older.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 09:55 AM
  #553
cupfailure713
Registered User
 
cupfailure713's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth
Country: United States
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
comparing him to other rookie leaders, i think he is still doing fine. His average TOI is about 5 minutes lower than duchene, tavares, and bergfors. He only has 3 less points than tavares. I don't think he will catch duchene.

At least with JVR i'm not screaming at my TV "WTF are doing with the puck" like I do to hartnell and coburn.

cupfailure713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 09:56 AM
  #554
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I would prefer him without the rookie mistakes, and a few less points to a guy like tavares playing more than he should be

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 10:31 AM
  #555
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupfailure713 View Post
comparing him to other rookie leaders, i think he is still doing fine. His average TOI is about 5 minutes lower than duchene, tavares, and bergfors. He only has 3 less points than tavares. I don't think he will catch duchene.

At least with JVR i'm not screaming at my TV "WTF are doing with the puck" like I do to hartnell and coburn.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Coburn's actually made some strides. Don't insult him by putting him in the same breath as #19!

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 10:41 AM
  #556
DenverBoone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Great game tonight from Hartnell. I still think he's on his way out but he looked extremely focused and played with the same intensity as the Montreal game. JvR looks to have hit the rookie wall, I wouldn't mind if he's scratched for a few down the stretch. Aside from Leighton and maybe Carle, I thought we played well and really came together after that weak 2nd goal.

For Islander Fans, better days are finally on the horizon. I've been very impressed with this organization the last 2 years. It's so tempting to rush a player into the bigs and ruin his development but the Islanders are doing it right. This is going to a very good team in 2-3 years.
Carle made the most crucial play of the game, without his stellar keep in, we don't score the last goal. Watch the game again.

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 10:43 AM
  #557
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Any video of the Leighton gaffe?

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:13 AM
  #558
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Any video of the Leighton gaffe?
Didn't watch the game. What gaffe? If you mean the first goal, that wasn't really a gaffe as much as him just not knowing where the puck is and the only one who knew was Tavares. He thought it was under him and he tried to close up the back of his legs with the stick. Pretty logical thing to do really.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:16 AM
  #559
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
Carle made the most crucial play of the game, without his stellar keep in, we don't score the last goal. Watch the game again.
That goal was absolutely made by Carle's supreme effort and Giroux's slick skills, but Carle was pretty bad the rest of the game.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:17 AM
  #560
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,447
vCash: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Any video of the Leighton gaffe?
Highlights of the game:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player...2T84XSVpl7vLYF

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 12:01 PM
  #561
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Nice! I didn't actually need to see these highlights again, but by clicking them I discovered I can watch Yahoo highlights at work! (unlike NHL.com highlights)

Thanks!

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 12:10 PM
  #562
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
Carle made the most crucial play of the game, without his stellar keep in, we don't score the last goal. Watch the game again.
Keeping the puck in has always been one of Carle's best attributes

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 02:48 PM
  #563
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Can't wait for Roo's playoff beard.
One of my most favorite things ever.


BTW - being at the game, I didn't even know Carcillo was hurt. Or JVR. Just saw Kreijic (sp???) get the puck to the face and was glad to see him get back on the ice.

Man, we do have some guys with heart on this team..no denying that.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 07:37 PM
  #564
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
One of my most favorite things ever.


BTW - being at the game, I didn't even know Carcillo was hurt. Or JVR. Just saw Kreijic (sp???) get the puck to the face and was glad to see him get back on the ice.

Man, we do have some guys with heart on this team..no denying that.
Krajicek .


As for the heart...they're hockey players, right .

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 07:39 PM
  #565
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Giroux and Parent have great playoff beards

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.