HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#67: Rangers vs. Devils | 3/10/10 | 7:00pm (MSG2/MSG+)

Old
03-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Celestial Black

vCash: 500
Should be a good game tonight. Hopefully the team besides Henrik show up.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:02 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I just need to convince my friends to come. 2 1/2 hr trip... Not to mention they are not even hockey fans.
Just an FYI - The line has already started to form with people getting there as early as 9am. If you haven't left by now, you won't be getting $10 tix.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Hey it's win/win for us. Win and it's "bragging" rights, lose and it's another loss closer to a better pick.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
uggggh.

No matter how we stink up the joint, we seem to still be in the playoff picture.

Devils are due for a breakout game after an embarrassing Edmonton performance. Im not expecting a point in this one.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Salz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
uggggh.

No matter how we stink up the joint, we seem to still be in the playoff picture.

Devils are due for a breakout game after an embarrassing Edmonton performance. Im not expecting a point in this one.
They've been due for a breakout game since January. They have two consecutive losing 7 of 10 streaks going. That's 6-14 in their last 20. I mean, it's possible they could play better with the new lines, and it's possible we could stink it up, but we usually don't versus them. I don't see them turning it around until their horrible coach is fired.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Crease

Love me some Rangers/Devils action. If nothing else, we'll see some fireworks.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 01:34 PM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

should be a good game

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 01:49 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

tonight is the night we finally see what shelly was brought in for...hopefully.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 02:12 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
If we lose, I at least hope to see Avery getting Fatso riled up, and Shelley/Prust breaking some faces.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 02:19 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
They've been due for a breakout game since January. They have two consecutive losing 7 of 10 streaks going. That's 6-14 in their last 20. I mean, it's possible they could play better with the new lines, and it's possible we could stink it up, but we usually don't versus them. I don't see them turning it around until their horrible coach is fired.
must be getting close to PO time...Fatso and the Debbies are falling apart.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Salz

How often are these 10 dollar seats available? Every game? Are they obstructed?

Old
03-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Salz

Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
must be getting close to PO time...Fatso and the Debbies are falling apart.
Haha, yeah. I get a lot of heat on the Devils board because I argue about how great of a career Brodeur has actually had and how I believe Lemaire is a terrible coach (which they seem to be coming around to now as well). It's funny cause when I'm critical of Brodeur I am actually very praiseworthy of their organization as a whole. Rangers fan or not, you have to respect what they've done the last decade and a half. That being said, it doesn't mean we have to endlessly praise the most recognizable player from that era, that being Brodeur. Marty was more dependant on the Devils than they were on him. You put Curtis Joseph on that team and he would have broken all the records Marty did. Very good goalie, but he's not so obviously the best of all time because of the records he broke.

I also got heat for downplaying their 4-3 miracle comeback win over Toronto. I said that they still hadn't played a full solid 60 minutes and that the fans shouldn't get that excited yet, and they called me a troll and told me to f off. A month later, they still haven't played a solid 60 minutes of hockey.

I also got heat for saying that they were overachieving and would fall down to earth real quick as opponents adjusted to Lemaire's boring and easy to scout system. They told me that didn't make sense because as the players got healthier, the team would only get better. The logic was faulty there though because it didn't account for the fact they were overachieving as a team, and likely would have been overachieving with all those healthy players as well. They also had a lot of one goal victories and shootout victories, and as the Rangers have showed us in recent years, teams who depend on SO victories fade.

The greatest was last year during Dubinsky's sophomore slump. They referenced back a quote that I made his rookie season when I put that he was a good player that had potential to be a top six 60-65 point player, maybe even as good as Zajac or better. During his slump, they pasted my quote and for about 4 pages they LOL'ed at it. Brandon Dubinsky now has 34 points in 53 games, 17 in 26 since we turned to 2010. That's with barely any support.

Old
03-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Loffen
Legend

The Devs are due for a breakout game... I have a bad feeling about this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
If we lose, I at least hope to see Avery getting Fatso riled up, and Shelley/Prust breaking some faces.
Right on, brother.

F-U Martyy.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Salz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
The Devs are due for a breakout game... I have a bad feeling about this one.

Right on, brother.

F-U Martyy.
I don't believe in that due for a breakout game stuff. Surely at any point in their last 20 games were they due for a breakout game. They're due to actually play respectable under Lemaire at some point, maybe. But they may have quit on him. Who can blame them? His system stifles everyones offensive production.

Old
03-10-2010, 02:53 PM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

Uncle…… Daddy…… Uncle….. Daddy…..

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 03:04 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
How often are these 10 dollar seats available? Every game? Are they obstructed?
Every game. They're made available the day of game (correct me if I'm wrong, just going by posts on the Devils board) at a certain time. Usually there's a line for the tickets though depending on what team there playing. As far as I know, they aren't obstructed.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Just an FYI - The line has already started to form with people getting there as early as 9am. If you haven't left by now, you won't be getting $10 tix.
Dam!!! Thanks for the heads up I guess. I would be pissed if I got their and there was no tickets left. I wouldn't mind paying extra but my friends would (non hockey fans and all)

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

So since it is Devils vs. Rangers...it wont be good without a fight or two. Who do you think will go at it today? Obviously besides the fans in the stands.

Luckily Peters isn't playing today so us Devils fans don't have to watch him struggle to beat a middleweight.

Anyways, predictions:

PL3 vs. Shelley
Clarkson vs. Prust

Those are easy ones. I don't think that there is anyone else that will fight though. We have Salvador, Fraser, and Pelley who only go if they are pissed. Those guys for you are Dubinsky and Avery, correct?

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 03:35 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Every game. They're made available the day of game (correct me if I'm wrong, just going by posts on the Devils board) at a certain time. Usually there's a line for the tickets though depending on what team there playing. As far as I know, they aren't obstructed.
The $10 tickets work like this....

There is only 100 available. They are only available on game day from the box office. You have to stand on line and get a braclet that allows you to purchase up to 2 tickets for $10 a piece. Once the braclets are gone that is it.

If you are not on line at the box office early you have no chance of getting a braclet (ticket).

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 690
Any one know of any links to the game that DO NOT require sopcast?

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabborik View Post
Any one know of any links to the game that DO NOT require sopcast?
http://www.justin.tv/

When the game starts, click on Live Channels up at the top and then go to Sports. There more than likely will be a stream up there.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
So since it is Devils vs. Rangers...it wont be good without a fight or two. Who do you think will go at it today? Obviously besides the fans in the stands.

Luckily Peters isn't playing today so us Devils fans don't have to watch him struggle to beat a middleweight.

Anyways, predictions:

PL3 vs. Shelley
Clarkson vs. Prust

Those are easy ones. I don't think that there is anyone else that will fight though. We have Salvador, Fraser, and Pelley who only go if they are pissed. Those guys for you are Dubinsky and Avery, correct?
Pretty much. Watch both teams play completely uninspired hockey today.

No fights. No scoring. No action. God, I hope I'm wrong.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 05:03 PM
ThirdEye

Well, despite both teams sucking the Devils line up is much better on paper. At least they have that going for them

I don't think the Devils rivalry has been anything special this season. Maybe I just have a bad memory though

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 05:16 PM
RegalRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
The $10 tickets work like this....

There is only 100 available. They are only available on game day from the box office. You have to stand on line and get a braclet that allows you to purchase up to 2 tickets for $10 a piece. Once the braclets are gone that is it.

If you are not on line at the box office early you have no chance of getting a braclet (ticket).
BUT if you want to see a team that's not a big Devils rival it's really easy to get the 10 dollar tickets. I went with some sabres fan friends to the rock earlier this season and we showed up 20 minutes before gametime, walked right up to an open ticket window and all got tickets. Then after the 1st period we moved down to the 6th row, because the prudential center staff doesn't care, and we hung out with Tyler Myer's grandparents for the rest of the game.

As a hockey fan, if you have the chance to sit 5th row for ten bucks, doesn't really matter who's playing.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 05:29 PM
OrbitalDynamics
Ants? Solid Plan.

vCash: 350
Let's go Rangers!

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote