HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/9/10 - 7:30PM EST - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2010, 09:52 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
I put it more on Downie. His penalty cuts short the pp and a chance to make it 3-4. Instead he kills his own pp and then it's a Hab pp. Now they have the momentum and then score.
On that play yes, stupid penalty.

Old
03-09-2010, 09:54 PM
CSampson

Maybe we should trade for Halak in the offseason. We need a true #1.

Old
03-09-2010, 09:54 PM
newham89

Downies had his poorest game in a long while tonight! Misplaced passes all over the place

Old
03-09-2010, 10:03 PM
CSampson

hohoh dirtyyyyy marty. Too bad we still lost.

Old
FF de Mars

i hope vinny is ok

Old
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Marty! never giving up.

Old
03-09-2010, 10:08 PM
newham89

This team is going nowhere without a no.1 goalie.

Downies streak ends

Awful effort out there tonight.

Old
03-09-2010, 10:09 PM
CSampson

One of the vital games down the stretch, lost. I wanna keep hope but all we do is **** the bed when the going gets tough.

Old
03-09-2010, 10:14 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

This team was bad all around tonight. Don't even try to bring up momentum swings, we never had anything.

This team was bad. BAD. B.A.D.

Nobody really showed up.

Old
03-09-2010, 10:16 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

I predict Tocchet is gone after this season. I don't get how you fail to motivate a team stacked with talent like the Lightning with 5 points out of the playoffs (before this game) after destroying the Thrashers the other day. I just don't get it.

And well, everything is already said. Our goaltending is horrible. They had their hot streaks, now they have their deep frozen streaks. That's what happens when you don't have a true #1 goalie. But our defense is even worse. I'm at a loss for words, really. Especially Hedman needs to get fixed soon. Our offense tonight was ok, I guess, they outshot the Canadiens 31-28. Halak did a hell of a job tonight for them. Halak, and two times the post. Still not enough urgency and pressure. I don't know.

Old
03-09-2010, 10:16 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
This team was bad all around tonight. Don't even try to bring up momentum swings, we never had anything.

This team was bad. BAD. B.A.D.

Nobody really showed up.
Death Knell bad.

Old
03-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Bolt32

I know its been said before with Vinny, but I'm really just going to steal it now.

Stamkos with 50 goals....PFFFT Who needs playoffs?

Thats the only reason why I watch this team now. Call up Tick let him get some playing time in, hes tearing up the AHL right now. Maybe wake a few guys up.

Old
03-09-2010, 10:43 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Call up Tick let him get some playing time in, hes tearing up the AHL right now. Maybe wake a few guys up.
I had the same thought 2-3 games ago. He's our best hope for a true #1 goalie from inside the organization right now. Let the kid get some experience. It can't get much worse than almost 5 goals (4.86) allowed per game in the last 7 games with both Nitty and Smitty in goal, can it? Maybe at long last this will wake up our defense.

Old
03-09-2010, 10:43 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
I know its been said before with Vinny, but I'm really just going to steal it now.

Thats the only reason why I watch this team now. Call up Tick let him get some playing time in, hes tearing up the AHL right now. Maybe wake a few guys up.
No way. The big guys have blown their chance at the playoffs, or at least are well on the way to doing so. He won't help up here this year, and it will only hurt the Ads to pull him up. At least somebody associated with the Lightning could end up with a decent playoff run, we've screwed with those guys enough in the last three years.

Old
03-09-2010, 10:45 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Want Revenge View Post
Death Knell bad.

Old
03-09-2010, 10:46 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

Absolutely not, we've ****ed up Norfolk enough by taking Johnson, we can't do that, they'll have our ****ing heads on a platter over there.

Old
03-09-2010, 10:47 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

When the defense keeps playing so poorly and nobody, save Stammer and a couple others, shows up, that can't be solely put on Tocchet. What's he going to do- scream every game? We know those types of coaches are effective for 1, maybe 2 years at most. I know we didn't have Malone and Konopka, but c'mon. We lacked effort where we needed it most and it showed on the scoreboard. If we don't fix the roster soon, time is up.

So how do we fix it for next year? I want a new goalie, a revamped defense corps and better, more aggressive forward. I don't give a damn if we're stacked with guys I've never heard of, who've never scored more than 10 goals in a season, as long as they bust ass 9 games out of 10- sign them!!! Marty, Stammer and even Vinny seemed to care tonight, but that was it.

On a positive note- Chris Neil got cross-checked in the head.

Old
03-09-2010, 11:02 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
When the defense keeps playing so poorly and nobody, save Stammer and a couple others, shows up, that can't be solely put on Tocchet. What's he going to do- scream every game? We know those types of coaches are effective for 1, maybe 2 years at most. I know we didn't have Malone and Konopka, but c'mon. We lacked effort where we needed it most and it showed on the scoreboard. If we don't fix the roster soon, time is up.

So how do we fix it for next year? I want a new goalie, a revamped defense corps and better, more aggressive forward. I don't give a damn if we're stacked with guys I've never heard of, who've never scored more than 10 goals in a season, as long as they bust ass 9 games out of 10- sign them!!! Marty, Stammer and even Vinny seemed to care tonight, but that was it.

On a positive note- Chris Neil got cross-checked in the head.
It's not all Tocc, but some of it is. I'm more inclined to put a heavier dose on Wilson, but he works for Tocchet. They are too talented to play like they are, but not as talented as we like to think. We have a legit top five (when Vinny is on), but who the hell knew Tanguay would be the invisible man. Can't really get by on a top five for scoring. The bottom six, I think sometimes they show more effort than anybody else on the team, minus the top line, but Konopka, Parrish, Thompson, etc...just aren't going to get it done. You don't have to have 20 goal scorers top to bottom, but you need better than this.

Goaltending is a problem, still think Smitty isn't right after the concussion. I really don't see a lack of effort from him, I think he's putting too much effort into it. He's all over the place, serious lack of confidence in his own abilities. And we knew at the beginning of the season that Niitty was not going to be a 60-70 game guy. He just cannot do it.

The defense, sigh, I give up. I don't know if it's lack of effort or pure brain damage.

The good news, due to some luck, some good drafting, and finally some decent development, we actually have quite a few half-way decent prospects coming up. And coming up quickly. Makes them worth continuing to watch, knowing there is a future. Yay.

Old
03-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Habs Postgame Vlog

Hey guys, I do Habs postgame videos thought you may enjoy this as it features your team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwgpApbKw8M

Old
03-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Absolutely not, we've ****ed up Norfolk enough by taking Johnson, we can't do that, they'll have our ****ing heads on a platter over there.
Look at Janus's stats. Janus while not NHL ready is ready to take the load of an AHL team. Id be willing to sign Zador and let him finish the year as a back up for the ads and let Janus take the starting role. The ads would be fine. I was willing to tank for Stamkos, and for Hedman. But this is pathetic, eventually something has to change. IF you have goaltending problems, and the deadline is passed and your AHL goaltender is amoung the best in the league........well you do what is best for the Lightning.

As I said before, Janus can handle the load for the Ads, they have probably the best goaltending Duo in the AHL as both of them are capable and extremtly talented goaltenders. Its Tik chance to see what he has.

Btw I'm not saying as keeping him here as the starter, but like I said Nitty is on the down side of the roller coaster and Smith...dont get me started on him. Something has to give.

Old
03-09-2010, 11:32 PM
gobolt7

Tonight sealed it. I have a feeling the Vinik express is rolling down the tracks and there are some people walking on said tracks that dont hear the train approaching.

Old
03-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Tonight sealed it. I have a feeling the Vinik express is rolling down the tracks and there are some people walking on said tracks that dont hear the train approaching.
God I hope your right. Look, I can deal with a team losing. Just play like you give a damn, we haven't even been given that...

Old
03-10-2010, 12:11 AM
kinggelato

I think what we saw earlier in the year was Tochet's blemishes being hid by a few things such as great goaltending by Nitty and even Smith at times. Also a 19 year old rookie that played like a seasoned vet. Now that the goaltending is average and that rookie is playing like a rookie the blemishes are coming out.

Its always funny when people think that motivation is something a professional coach should not have to do with professional players. In reality most professional coaches will tell you privately that it is quit the opposite. The veteran guys already know the game and what they are supposed to do, its the coaches responsibility to get them to do it.

The D looks worse than last year, and tonight it was so bad that Meszaros wasn't one of the worst ones.

I think we really missed Konopka and Malone in helping to motivate this team. Which says alot about our coaching staff.

In fact, its safe to say that this team played like a pickup up team rather than a coached team whatsoever. Missed assignments, blind passes, forwards not coming back for an outlet pass.

Old
03-10-2010, 11:20 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Look at Janus's stats. Janus while not NHL ready is ready to take the load of an AHL team. Id be willing to sign Zador and let him finish the year as a back up for the ads and let Janus take the starting role. The ads would be fine. I was willing to tank for Stamkos, and for Hedman. But this is pathetic, eventually something has to change. IF you have goaltending problems, and the deadline is passed and your AHL goaltender is amoung the best in the league........well you do what is best for the Lightning.

As I said before, Janus can handle the load for the Ads, they have probably the best goaltending Duo in the AHL as both of them are capable and extremtly talented goaltenders. Its Tik chance to see what he has.

Btw I'm not saying as keeping him here as the starter, but like I said Nitty is on the down side of the roller coaster and Smith...dont get me started on him. Something has to give.
Can't pull Zador from his junior team while they're in the hunt, that sends a terrible message, too.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tokarski and the kid will be a starter one day, but hes not ready. Not now.

Old
03-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Bringing up Tik now would be throwing him to the wolves. With the way were playing Hasek in his prime wouldn't help much.

Closed Thread