HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Kevin Lowe on the Jason Gregor Show

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2010, 06:35 PM
  #1
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
Kevin Lowe on the Jason Gregor Show

I'm sure it will be archived on Gregor's site. I thought it was a great interview by Gregor and Brownlee. I don't remember the last time we heard someone from the Oilers this honest....maybe when Lowe blasted Burke on Total Sports?

- He admitted that they haven't come through on their promises.
- He'd like to see the Leafs and other teams win the remainder of their games so the Oilers can win but still finish 30th.
- Doesn't want to rush young players like they have done in the past.
- Mentioned that MPS could be here next season.
- The one that got me was that when talking about the team's future plans Lowe mentioned buy outs. Gregor or Brownlee didn't bring it up. He did it on his own. That's pretty interesting.

These are just off the top of my head. I recommend people check it out.

I believe Tencer is going to have him on at around 8:30 tonight as well.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:37 PM
  #2
Lobotomizer*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,741
vCash: 500
Cool. Thanks for the heads-up and summary.

Lobotomizer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:37 PM
  #3
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I'm sure it will be archived on Gregor's site. I thought it was a great interview by Gregor and Brownlee. I don't remember the last time we heard someone from the Oilers this honest....maybe when Lowe blasted Burke on Total Sports?

- He admitted that they haven't come through on their promises.
- He'd like to see the Leafs and other teams win the remainder of their games so the Oilers can win but still finish 30th.
- Doesn't want to rush young players like they have done in the past.
- Mentioned that MPS could be here next season.

- The one that got me was that when talking about the team's future plans Lowe mentioned buy outs. Gregor or Brownlee didn't bring it up. He did it on his own. That's pretty interesting.

These are just off the top of my head. I recommend people check it out.

I believe Tencer is going to have him on at around 8:30 tonight as well.
As much as I would like to see Paajarvi here... what? Does he mean Eberle? Surely he can't be talking about Hall and Seguin - they're both generally considered to be NHL ready.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:38 PM
  #4
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,211
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I'm sure it will be archived on Gregor's site. I thought it was a great interview by Gregor and Brownlee. I don't remember the last time we heard someone from the Oilers this honest....maybe when Lowe blasted Burke on Total Sports?

- He admitted that they haven't come through on their promises.
- He'd like to see the Leafs and other teams win the remainder of their games so the Oilers can win but still finish 30th.
- Doesn't want to rush young players like they have done in the past.
- Mentioned that MPS could be here next season.
- The one that got me was that when talking about the team's future plans Lowe mentioned buy outs. Gregor or Brownlee didn't bring it up. He did it on his own. That's pretty interesting.

These are just off the top of my head. I recommend people check it out.

I believe Tencer is going to have him on at around 8:30 tonight as well.



By by Misscoff .

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:39 PM
  #5
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post

- He admitted that they haven't come through on their promises.
- He'd like to see the Leafs and other teams win the remainder of their games so the Oilers can win but still finish 30th.
- Doesn't want to rush young players like they have done in the past.
I don't remember tying Kevin Lowe to a chair then beating him with a rubber hose.... But I did have a blackout the other night....

And since I'm too handsome to stay single in jail, I sure hope it was some other poster who knocked sense into him.......

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:39 PM
  #6
Arpeggio
Registered User
 
Arpeggio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
By by Misscoff .
First of all, clever.

Second of all, they'd never buy out Horcoff, think Nilsson and O'Sullivan.

Edit: And for those asking about Pajaarvi, maybe it's possible he thinks he's ready for the NHL?

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:40 PM
  #7
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C
 
The Last Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. OILbert
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,629
vCash: 500
Anybody hear Lowe on the Team today?

Sounds like this has been a real sobering season for everyone involved with the Oilers....
-He's excited for the chance to draft either Hall or Seguin
-met with Hall last Saturday....real good kid, charming
-Supposed to meet with Seguin but it fell through
-met with both coaches of Windsor and Plymouth
-want to follow the Chicago model and be patient with these players
-Wants to win but hopes other teams in front win as well so they still pick 30th
-NO ONE is safe on this team
-Wants to be real patient with Eberle...let him deveolp in the minors
-excited for MPS Lander and Petry
-taking in tomorrow's game Windsor vs. Plymouth


Looks like a full-on re-build and we could be in for a long year next year, but maybe we get a chance to draft Larsson

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:41 PM
  #8
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C
 
The Last Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. OILbert
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,629
vCash: 500
mods, please merge my thread

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:44 PM
  #9
Meanashell11
Registered User
 
Meanashell11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: connecticut
Posts: 2,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
By by Misscoff .
I am pretty sure you can forget about buying out Horcoff. Sure he's having a bad season but there is no way the Oilers buy him out, they put him on waivers and somebody will pick him up and in any event, I want him back next season. He is not as bad as some are making him out to be. Getting prettty tired of all the hate on this board.

Meanashell11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:44 PM
  #10
TheBrew
Registered User
 
TheBrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
As much as I would like to see Paajarvi here... what? Does he mean Eberle? Surely he can't be talking about Hall and Seguin - they're both generally considered to be NHL ready.
What i got out of it was if a player is ready he will play and if he's not they won't put them in just because they are close.

TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:45 PM
  #11
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,211
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanashell11 View Post
I am pretty sure you can forget about buying out Horcoff. Sure he's having a bad season but there is no way the Oilers buy him out, they put him on waivers and somebody will pick him up and in any event, I want him back next season. He is not as bad as some are making him out to be. Getting prettty tired of all the hate on this board.


What happens when he is ****** next yr? The guy is just not that good.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:47 PM
  #12
Capital J
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sylvan Lake, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
great post

Capital J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:48 PM
  #13
dantencer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I believe Tencer is going to have him on at around 8:30 tonight as well.
Yep. 8:35. And, just a friendly heads up...most of the conversation will revolve around Hall/Seguin as Lowe saw them both live twice in the last week. I want to hit him up on the head shot debate, too...so there will be some conversation about the current state of affairs with the Oilers, but not 15 minutes of it.

dantencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:50 PM
  #14
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantencer View Post
Yep. 8:35. And, just a friendly heads up...most of the conversation will revolve around Hall/Seguin as Lowe saw them both live twice in the last week. I want to hit him up on the head shot debate, too...so there will be some conversation about the current state of affairs with the Oilers, but not 15 minutes of it.
Is it a live interview (if so, I have a question).

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:51 PM
  #15
OmegaTheory
Registered User
 
OmegaTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Paper Street
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 3,709
vCash: 500
Are you sure it was Kiven Lowe being interviewed?



J/k I like

OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:53 PM
  #16
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantencer View Post

Yep. 8:35. And, just a friendly heads up...most of the conversation will revolve around Hall/Seguin as Lowe saw them both live twice in the last week.
If you could ask him how each player compares one on one with the other.... i.e. skating, hitting, passing, etc...

That information would be appreciated......

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:54 PM
  #17
OmegaTheory
Registered User
 
OmegaTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Paper Street
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 3,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantencer View Post
Yep. 8:35. And, just a friendly heads up...most of the conversation will revolve around Hall/Seguin as Lowe saw them both live twice in the last week. I want to hit him up on the head shot debate, too...so there will be some conversation about the current state of affairs with the Oilers, but not 15 minutes of it.
It will be interesting to here Lowe thoughts comparing both players.

OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:54 PM
  #18
Giant Moo
Registered User
 
Giant Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I'm sure it will be archived on Gregor's site. I thought it was a great interview by Gregor and Brownlee. I don't remember the last time we heard someone from the Oilers this honest....maybe when Lowe blasted Burke on Total Sports?

- He admitted that they haven't come through on their promises.
The natural response to that is something like "You talk a lot about accountability, so how can you (as director of hockey operations) be held accountable for the last-place results across all teams of the Oilers organization?"

My guess is that it wasn't asked, though.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:54 PM
  #19
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,426
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
What happens when he is ****** next yr? The guy is just not that good.
Don't worry, he can ride Hemsky's coattails next year

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:58 PM
  #20
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
First of all, clever.

Second of all, they'd never buy out Horcoff, think Nilsson and O'Sullivan.

Edit: And for those asking about Pajaarvi, maybe it's possible he thinks he's ready for the NHL?
I'd say Nilsson as he's the cheapest to buy out.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 07:02 PM
  #21
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,132
vCash: 500
Nilsson is done. Will be bought out.

O'Sullivan ... between the Rangers, Islanders, Thrashers, Panthers, Coyotes, and Leafs ... someone will probably take him if the asking price is low enough. Only one year left on the deal.

Horcoff will be buried in the minors in 2-3 years down the line ... now is not the time to buy him out, it will give us cap headaches for too many years afterwards. We need a third line C at least for the next 2 seasons minimum anyway, then we can send him to the AHL and get the salary 100% off the cap.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 07:07 PM
  #22
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Nilsson is done. Will be bought out.

O'Sullivan ... between the Rangers, Islanders, Thrashers, Panthers, Coyotes, and Leafs ... someone will probably take him if the asking price is low enough. Only one year left on the deal.

Horcoff will be buried in the minors in 2-3 years down the line ... now is not the time to buy him out, it will give us cap headaches for too many years afterwards. We need a third line C at least for the next 2 seasons minimum anyway, then we can send him to the AHL and get the salary 100% off the cap
.
When does his NMC expire?

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 07:07 PM
  #23
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
When does his NMC expire?
He only has a NTC. No NMC.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 07:10 PM
  #24
GDU
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
First of all, clever.

Second of all, they'd never buy out Horcoff, think Nilsson and O'Sullivan.

Edit: And for those asking about Pajaarvi, maybe it's possible he thinks he's ready for the NHL?

never say never in regards to horcoff...

as far as MPS goes, i lol at those people saying this guy might not be ready... he's older than eberle and hall, he's bigger and he's been playing with men for at least 2 years, and he looked dominant at the wjc...

he might be the most ready of any of our prospects...

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 07:16 PM
  #25
reb98
 
reb98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
He only has a NTC. No NMC.
I've actually heard a few times on 1260 that Horcoff can't be sent down because of his NMC

reb98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.