Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thrashers v Predators

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Bubbles99

vCash: 500
I just got home from the game and I almost puked when Popovic busted it in front of moose and gave up the game-winner. That play was one of the most pathetic things things that I have ever witnessed in a hockey game! If Popovic and white are not scratched for the next game, then JA is definitely a moron, IMO. Tonight's refs can suck it as well! Sorry for the negative rant but I am really pissed of with this team yet again, lol...

GO THRASHERS!!!!!!!!!! give us a miracle!!

Old
03-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Whaddagoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
I say bring up Chelli and Kulda, sit Bogo and Popovic they can't play any worse than those two did tonight.

I want to see Kozlov put back on the ice. Play him 4th line minutes with Slater and Army. Give him PP time. Give Reasoner-Thro-R2 the 3rd lines minutes. They seem to have been more productive than Slater's line the last few games anyways.

Seriously? The team has lost some games but has been playing better as a team. and just take a look at Kovy's stats vs. Bergfors stats since the trade. I really don't think the team is missing his production at the moment.
I hope Kozlov has a chance to see some PP time. At least give him that, it's not like the PP was working the last two games anyway.

The stats are nice (Bergie vs. Kovy), for sure... that being said, i can still relate to ArVeeDee's though

Seeing a bunch of the NJ games, Kovalchuk has played OK, but not great for the Devils so far. Had about 2 really solid games (vs. SJ recently, and one of the first games @ Newark) but the others were 'ok'. I swear something is still wrong with him, he is playing without that 'top gear' he always had here which would terrify defenders, and he is still hesitent to rip up a longer range wrist shot (the tendancy to look to passFirst we saw after his injury this past Nov up until he was dealt). Injury? Nerves? CHange of scenery distractions? Wife/Child birthing on the way...

Some Devils fans are mildly disappointed with his goalscoring abilitiy. Been stoned on his patented fivehole 'money' breakaway move more than twice already there. Not the same Kovy of past....

BUt back to this group - I'm counting on JA to change it up next game, hopefully he tap into some of that creativity...... He's got more than enough 2nd and 3rd liners to work with. Just hope he doesn't break up the Antro line......

Old
03-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Ashe

We are 12 points higher then we were last year. And we are calling for his head? Seriously? We are in the midst of a playoff hunt. With 2 games in hand still.

We have had piss poor goaltending from Pavelic our "starter" early in the season. And two of our key contributers last year went missing this year.

We have the injury bug when Kovy went down, and our only real goalie wasnt healed from a career threatening back surgery.

We then traded our superstar for better players, but didnt address the needs at the deadline. Which is getting rid of White/Kozlov/Boulton. by Any means neccessary. Even if that means waivers. We didnt make a run at a goaltender using our assests we have acquired to HELP this year. Im sorry, I love moose. But he is no where near what a team with hopes of the playoffs should be running with.

Blame Popo for the goal, But he made a goal saving dive in the third, more then making up for it. When our PP does nothing, Which is solely on the fact no one on that PP will step up and take a shot. You dont think JA has seen they dont shoot? How often he just wants someone to shoot. Toby doesnt shoot when there is no one in the way. Antro screens from the sides, Toby is usually middle of the ice. I saw if we want to make noise on the PP, put Reasoner in the faceoff draw, and put him in front of the net. The guys got grit, and is our best player night in and night out even though no one realizes it. The kid used to be a goal scorer in college, and thats why he was drafted. Give him a chance to put a body there.

Hell put Arty in front with Antropov and get some garbage goals. The team is set up for the perfect shot, and we still havent gotten kovy out of the system. 8 years of him will do that. Last year and this year will do that. It was a routine that takes time to get out of.

Have some hope guys. We arent eliminated at all from the playoffs. Yeah we should of gotten some points the past three games by looking at the standings. But when you factor in Carolina and how well theyve played the second half of the season, Tampa and how stacked the offense is on that roster, and Nashville, who have two quality starting goaltenders. Im not to upset. Sure we had our chances. And so have every other team in the league. We dont need to be calling for a coachs head because we are doing better then last year, while dealing with dead weight on this team who arent doing what we pay them to do.

Honestly, Did anyone expect to be in a playoff race this late in the season with Pavelic and Moose? Without Kovy? We were ranked at finishing 13-15 in the LEAGUE before the season. Not the conference, the LEAGUE. And we have surpassed expectations so far. A couple wins in a row and we are right back in the thick of things. Especially with these games in hand.

Old
03-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaiboo View Post
My thoughts after watching the game tonight at the arena:
1. Jimmy Slater is not an NHL player.
2. John Anderson is not an NHL coach.
3. Thrashers is not a playoff team.
But we already knew all that.
4. Thrashers need a leader.

Talk back on 680 brought up the topic of calling up Chelios for Schubert.

I think the team badly needs his leadership presence more than his 3rd pairing minutes at the moment.

And those who argued that they shouldn't of traded Colby Armstrong because of his leadership and locker room presence will hurt Atlanta in the drive for the playoffs, it was his stupid penalty that cost the teams first goal. He is certainly not playing like a supposed leader of the team.

Yeah Popovic messed up badly but Colby needs to also share some of the blame.

Old
03-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaiboo View Post
My thoughts after watching the game tonight at the arena:
1. Jimmy Slater is not an NHL player.
2. John Anderson is not an NHL coach.
3. Thrashers is not a playoff team.
But we already knew all that.
1. He gives it his all. Something we miss from our "leaders"
2. Its his first year, Give the man a break, and look at our point totals.He is doing a good job.
3. With our goaltending, No. A goalie and a few pieces. Yes.

Old
03-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Whaddagoal

Of course the team isn't out of it yet, but they aren't making it very easy on the fans or themselves. A lot of frustrations come out of this game because it's the same old story..... And while the team is better currently than last - last season is no marker we should be looking at. Before this season started, a lot of the fans felt this was a make or break season for the franchise at a number of levels and currently we're at broken side (once AGAIN)...... frustations are boiling.

SHould JA be fired? Not yet, but I think a lot of the current problems stem from him, as mentioned in earlier posts, that or the players just aren't listening to him well enough. Still, a problem.

A few games in hand are nice, but the games only get harder as the season winds down. A few unlucky consecutive results coming from the nearbyteams and this team is in serious trouble. Not getting any points in the last 3 games is a real setback given how tight things are in the standings.

___

I don't think that late effort by Popovic redeems that gaffe, his previous effort led DIRECTLY to the GWG - changed the complexion of the entire game. It's a back breakerfor a team that isn't exactly confident or consistent.

Yes, you're right it is still geared for that perfect shot (the Kovy syndrome), but no one on this team seems to have any accuracy from the point, IF THEY EVEN decide to shoot. You put two guys in front of the net, and the pointman will still blast the puck way wide...

For all the improvement Slater had the last month, he still isn't lighting the world on fire. I agree the effort is there and it should be shown, but the team needs points, and it needs some goalscoring, and PP improvement. KOzlov is still in the pressbox who can at least potentially help in those areas. Even him winning a Shootout in a late season game could be playoffs vs. no playoffs.

Old
03-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Lux Aurumque*

We're getting pretty far out of the race at this point.

*Sigh*

Old
03-09-2010, 11:40 PM
IngloriusBuzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toque-trick View Post
On the bright side, the lower bowl has lots of fine seats to choose from....
I like your team - good game! Always had a little soft spot for the Thrashers...

So sorry to say this - but I am just bewildered...... I seems like all I ever hear is the attendance issues of Columbus and Nashville, But I have NEVER seen empty seats in an arena like I have seen in Atlanta this year!!!! It is absolutely insane to see that on the TV. I have watched a TON of Columbus & Nashville games and I promise there is NEVER empty seats like that..... Is this something that is new with Phillips Arena this season or what???

Old
03-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Shaiboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
2. Its his first year, Give the man a break, and look at our point totals.He is doing a good job.
I just don't see it. I don't see his system working out all that well and I don't see him doing a good job motivating the players. We had better points total with 1/3 of the talent on our blue line under Hartley.

Old
03-10-2010, 05:59 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArVeeDee View Post
These last three games have told me that we need Kovy back.
I seriously beg to differ.

Even on their worst nights, this team has played better post-Kovalchuk. That is something none of us expected to happen.

We don't need a superstar, we need a team effort. An effort where there is 100 percent team work. Over the past couple of games, the team has been too selfless. They'd rather pass the puck than take a shot. This is unacceptable and it must change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArVeeDee View Post
Who knows what he could have done.
Besides cough up the puck after two defenders and a forward collapse upon him like a swarm of flies on a pile of dog excrement on a sidewalk?

Old
03-10-2010, 06:05 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
We were ranked at finishing 13-15 in the LEAGUE before the season. Not the conference, the LEAGUE. And we have surpassed expectations so far.
27-30 in the league. 13-15 in the conference.

I get the jist of what you're saying, though, and you make some good points. I'm keeping hope alive, but I'm also not going to fool myself into thinking we will make it into the playoffs. More games like last night, and we might as well start talking Draft Day 2010.

Old
03-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
4. Thrashers need a leader.

Talk back on 680 brought up the topic of calling up Chelios for Schubert.

I think the team badly needs his leadership presence more than his 3rd pairing minutes at the moment.

And those who argued that they shouldn't of traded Colby Armstrong because of his leadership and locker room presence will hurt Atlanta in the drive for the playoffs, it was his stupid penalty that cost the teams first goal. He is certainly not playing like a supposed leader of the team.

Yeah Popovic messed up badly but Colby needs to also share some of the blame.
I understand the line of thinking about bringing up Chelios for leadership, but I'm not sure a) that a guy can just walk in the room and instantly be a leader and b) that the season can be saved. I'd personally rather see Kulda come up. I suspect Kulda is probably a better player than Chelios at this point and Arturs could benefit from playing time in the big leagues in preparation for next season.

Old
03-10-2010, 07:13 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Just got done watching the JA presser. This is where I see the coach failing...emotion. I understand there is a time and place for everything, but this is the playoff push and you've lost 3 in a row...get loud!

He was actually saying we played well in the first!! The later 2 periods...yes. We played better. However the first was terrible and ultimately cost us the game. Enough of this "Popovic just lost the puck on a bad bounce" crap. Show everyone that you're not as sleepy as the rest of the team for Jeebus sake!!!!

Old
03-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Sabreality

i understand the frustration...but...i dont think the team performed that badly last night...i've yet to see it mentioned, but ELLIS WAS A ROCK! He made a half dozen A+ saves and was 1st star for a reason. theres sometimes a fine line between W's and L's and last night we walked that line. much better performance than the previous 2 games.

Old
03-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Washington Capitals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles99 View Post
I just got home from the game and I almost puked when Popovic busted it in front of moose and gave up the game-winner. That play was one of the most pathetic things things that I have ever witnessed in a hockey game!
Yea, it was pretty bad.

But what can you do, it happens from time to time.

Old
03-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Bongo

How many minutes did Pops play after the giveaway? Consider every minute played a reason why Anderson isn't a credible NHL coach. On any other NHL team, Mark would have watched the rest of that game from the bench.

Old
03-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Toque-trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington Capitals View Post
Yea, it was pretty bad.

Bad break for the kid, the puck did jump on him. My question is, what the hell was Hedberg watching? Wilson had to chip the puck forward and sent it half way to Moose who was totally flatfooted and made no aggressive move toward the puck to play it away or disrupt Wilson.

Old
03-10-2010, 01:24 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Fire Anderson. Hartley was a 1000000x better of a coach with a much worse team defensively.

Waddell is a better coach than Anderson.

Old
03-10-2010, 01:45 PM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toque-trick View Post
Bad break for the kid, the puck did jump on him. My question is, what the hell was Hedberg watching? Wilson had to chip the puck forward and sent it half way to Moose who was totally flatfooted and made no aggressive move toward the puck to play it away or disrupt Wilson.
That wasn't Wilson's chip, that was Pop's poor attempt to make up for his mistake by passing the puck back to the goalie. He made a worse play to cover for a bad play.

Old
03-10-2010, 04:38 PM
FrenchKheldar

Two things: the Popovic turnover happened in the first period. It's unfortunate, but there is plenty of time to make up for it and react as a group. There was some reaction, but not enough in my opinion.

As far as Ellis goes, please! We have made every single goalie in the league looks like the second coming of Patrick Roy for 10 years. We score pretty goals, but we have always been terrible at crashing the net, creating rebounds by putting pucks on net, and not trying to blast a 100mph slapshot under the crossbar... Ellis has made some good saves, but so did Moose and we missed glorious chances down low that Ellis was simply lucky to deflect...

Old
03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Enstrom39

I swear that Ellis was giving up rebounds on 80% of the shots he faced last night. He was rather lucky. That's why they say "better to be lucky than good."

Old
03-10-2010, 07:51 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Falconer View Post
I swear that Ellis was giving up rebounds on 80% of the shots he faced last night. He was rather lucky. That's why they say "better to be lucky than good."
That's his problem. He's great with the initial saves, but has a tendency to give up lots of rebounds. Having said that though, he's still a solid goaltender and Nashville will be very sad if he goes at the end of the season.

Old
03-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

we definitely had a ton of missed chances

Old
03-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington Capitals View Post
Yea, it was pretty bad.

when you've just lost two games in a row and have gone from being in a very good position to make the playoffs to having to get insanely lucky with a ton of help and still almost win out just to have a chance, a giveaway by a player already on thin ice that leads to a game winning goal isn't something that just "happens," it's something that rips your heart out. especially when you dominated the remaining 40 minutes of the game and still could only get one past. i'm so effing sick of every goalie looking like brodeur in his prime against us.

Closed Thread