HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predators at Thrashers || March 9, 2010 @ 6pm CST

Old
03-10-2010, 06:26 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Ellis parlays his performance from last night into a start against the Sharks tomorrow! Hope he didn't work out too hard this afternoon...

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...gainst-sharks/

Workout photos supplied courtesy of Elly...

http://tweetphoto.com/13937875
http://tweetphoto.com/13938833
http://tweetphoto.com/13939068
http://tweetphoto.com/13939491
http://tweetphoto.com/13939752
I went for a brief look and ended up going through all of his pictures. Sully in that hat was just...well there's no word for it.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:44 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Before any of us start posting smack about their low numbers last night, remember we had just 10.5k announced against Calgary in December and only 12.1k in our 3rd home game this season. They had a bad night .... it happens to just about every team.
And we really don't need Atlanta fans pointing out who the out of town draw was.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:46 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Ellis parlays his performance from last night into a start against the Sharks tomorrow! Hope he didn't work out too hard this afternoon...
I never get Trotz and his handling of goalies. Here was a perfect situation to play the rested guy, and put the still warm guy in on Friday. Instead he feels that a plane ride and going again right away is the way to be sharp. Shouldn't matter much I guess but I was going to post some sarcasm earlier when someone said Ellis would go Friday that no, Trotz will probably play him after the recuperative plane ride, and ice Rinne another day.

Old
03-10-2010, 06:54 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Sweet goal by Wilson! It's about time we get a goal off a bad turnover.
You'd think that with all the sweet defense we hear about the Legwand line delivering that Leggy could have converted a turnover into a goal once in the last 30 games. Maybe the lines he's up against just never make a mistake and always have their peak athletic nights against us.

Good to see that Poile actually drafted a forward who can play a little offense. Whoot! Wilson's two recent goals have been due to being Johnny-on-the-spot and converting turnovers. A good sign.

Despite my little snip it seems as if Leggy and Ward were creating chances the other night. Hopefully the added aggressiveness will start paying off. Still sort of "stuck" with Smithson though.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 03-10-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old
03-10-2010, 07:22 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
NHL.com has the attendance at 11106, but man on my tv that looked pretty generous.
Just as 101st_fan said, I'm assuming that's the number of tickets sold, but not necessarily the number of people who showed up. Granted all I saw was on tv, but I'd be willing to say there was no way only 7,000 seats were empty (saw online the arena holds about 18,000).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
just got home from the game... I didn't think that there was over 10,000 in attendance.. I sat next to the tunnel right next to Pekka all game. The puck that went into the preds bench when we were on the PP ended up in my hands thanks to Mr. Sulzer. Met most of the players before they left the hotel, since we were staying right across the street. I have plenty of pics on facebook, and congrats to the boys and coach Trotz!
I'm jealous you sat next to Pekka all game. And that's pretty awesome that Sulzer gave your wife the puck, even if it is an Atlanta puck. Glad you had fun!

Quote:
O'Reilly literally looks like he was sleep walking in that picture...why is it that only our two vets Sully and Arny look like they actually knew how to take a picture with a fan?
Probably because they were just waking up (because of the coffee I assume it was the next morning) and meeting fans outside of their hotel is always sort of awkward. But boy do they look sharp in those threads!

Quote:

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...gainst-sharks/

Workout photos supplied courtesy of Elly...

http://tweetphoto.com/13937875
http://tweetphoto.com/13938833
http://tweetphoto.com/13939068
http://tweetphoto.com/13939491
http://tweetphoto.com/13939752
I was cracking up at those pictures as he posted them on Twitter. So hilarious. Dude's got a marvelous sense of humor.
And I'm happy he's in tomorrow. I think he'll put up a good fight against San Jose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
I went for a brief look and ended up going through all of his pictures. Sully in that hat was just...well there's no word for it.
You need to be following Ellis on Twitter. He's hysterical! Plus the banter between him and Sully (and now Jordin as well) is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
I never get Trotz and his handling of goalies. Here was a perfect situation to play the rested guy, and put the still warm guy in on Friday. Instead he feels that a plane ride and going again right away is the way to be sharp. Shouldn't matter much I guess but I was going to post some sarcasm earlier when someone said Ellis would go Friday that no, Trotz will probably play him after the recuperative plane ride, and ice Rinne another day.
That was probably me as I said that Ellis would be in net Friday. But though I am happy he's playing tomorrow night (I think we'll have more success with him against San Jose), I am in agreeance that it's weird and that Trotz *appears* to have no rhyme or reason to his goaltender selection. It used to be that if a goalie put up a good night, he was in for the next game (assuming no back-to-back) as well. But then Trotz went with this solid rotation, every other game no matter how one did, so we got used to that. Now perhaps he's back to whoever is doing better, considering it's the stretch... who knows, Trotz is unpredictable.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
Probably because they were just waking up (because of the coffee I assume it was the next morning) and meeting fans outside of their hotel is always sort of awkward. But boy do they look sharp in those threads!
They didn't fly in until around 9:30 AM the morning of the game. The photos were taken as they were leaving the hotel to head to the rink for the game. It was probably around 4:30-5:30 PM. Players commonly take pre-game naps in the afternoon, but are usually awake around 2:30-3:00...I honestly looked at Cal's suit to see if it looked like he fell asleep in it, but it is cleanly pressed...so obviously he was awake long enough to get dressed, go downstairs, walk a couple blocks to Starbucks (reference Tootoo's tweet from this morning), and return. You'd think he was awake by that point...but I agree meeting fans can sometimes be awkward, it clearly showed in some of the other photos...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 08:03 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
They didn't fly in until around 9:30 AM the morning of the game. The photos were taken as they were leaving the hotel to head to the rink for the game. It was probably around 4:30-5:30 PM. Players commonly take pre-game naps in the afternoon, but are usually awake around 2:30-3:00...I honestly looked at Cal's suit to see if it looked like he fell asleep in it, but it is cleanly pressed...so obviously he was awake long enough to get dressed, go downstairs, walk a couple blocks to Starbucks (reference Tootoo's tweet from this morning), and return. You'd think he was awake by that point...but I agree meeting fans can sometimes be awkward, it clearly showed in some of the other photos...
I get what you're saying, and I'm usually not one to defend celebrities of any kind when they can't take a decent photo with a dedicated fan, but from all the pictures I've had taken with Preds at places where they expected to meet fans, they smiled and put their arm around me for the picture. My guess is just that it's awkward to have fans standing outside your hotel to get pictures. But who knows, maybe they were just crabby from having just woken up from their naps?

Old
03-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
I get what you're saying, and I'm usually not one to defend celebrities of any kind when they can't take a decent photo with a dedicated fan, but from all the pictures I've had taken with Preds at places where they expected to meet fans, they smiled and put their arm around me for the picture. My guess is just that it's awkward to have fans standing outside your hotel to get pictures. But who knows, maybe they were just crabby from having just woken up from their naps?
Nah, I think Cal overslept, got dressed, and booked it over to Starbucks, but wasn't able to order is foo-foo triple venti-sized latte due to the fact that it seemed the entire team was there at the moment and therefore no matter how much caffeine he had already ingested...it simply wasn't enough and he was going through withdrawals!

Old
03-10-2010, 08:13 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Nah, I think Cal overslept, got dressed, and booked it over to Starbucks, but wasn't able to order is foo-foo triple venti-sized latte due to the fact that it seemed the entire team was there at the moment and therefore no matter how much caffeine he had already ingested...it simply wasn't enough and he was going through withdrawals!
That sounds about right!! Hahah. I respect anyone that can drink coffee black (I know Ellis does). I absolutely love coffee, but I have to have cream in it. That's okay though because I'm a girl.

Old
03-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
That sounds about right!! Hahah. I respect anyone that can drink coffee black (I know Ellis does). I absolutely love coffee, but I have to have cream in it. That's okay though because I'm a girl.
I like mine with heavy cream and an appropriate blend of Sweet & Low and Equal for the cup size.

Favorite is a Dunkin Donuts Lg. Iced Coffee light on the ice, heavy on the cream, with 2 Sweet N' Low and 1 Equal.

The blend of sweeteners creates a synergistic effect that provides a sweeter flavor...

Yes, I can be snobby when it comes to my coffee. I HATE Starbucks...

Old
03-10-2010, 08:30 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Black ... straight .... rocket fuel in a cup.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Well I finally joined Twitter solely to cyber-stalk Preds players.

And I take my coffee black with a generous dash of Irish whiskey. That's only on weekends though. I swear.

Last edited by JohniusMaximus: 03-10-2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Had to make myself sound like less of a lush.
JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 09:48 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
Well I finally joined Twitter solely to cyber-stalk Preds players.

And I take my coffee black with a generous dash of Irish whiskey. That's only on weekends though. I swear.
Welcome to the world of Twitter.

And I respect guys who drink their coffee with cream and/or sugar. Drinking black coffee does not necessarily equate manliness!

Old
03-10-2010, 09:56 PM
token grinder

am i the only one nervous about going to san jose and having scored 2 goals each of the last four? i know we are 2-2 over the last four, but we can't expect to win a game 2-0 or 2-1 vs them. the lines were nice for a period and we had some chances, but still, only 2 goals.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 10:01 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
am i the only one nervous about going to san jose and having scored 2 goals each of the last four? i know we are 2-2 over the last four, but we can't expect to win a game 2-0 or 2-1 vs them. the lines were nice for a period and we had some chances, but still, only 2 goals.
We've played them three times so far .... 4-3, 3-4, 4-3 .......

Old
03-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
We've played them three times so far .... 4-3, 3-4, 4-3 .......
So...you're thinking it'll be a one goal game with 7 total goals scored???

Old
03-10-2010, 10:17 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
So...you're thinking it'll be a one goal game with 7 total goals scored???
Those look more like in process tennis scores than a season series in the NHL

Old
03-10-2010, 10:47 PM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Oh, and by the way, I'm 2 for 2 in starting the GDT and winning.
Shhhh.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 09:08 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Shhhh.
Well then someone needs to start the thread! I hate waiting until the last minute... we should have a sign up thread for people to "volunteer" to do the GDTs and then rotate between who's turn it is. I only started the last two because no one else had and the game was a few hours away!

Old
03-11-2010, 10:15 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Those are some good pictures and to me Sully not only has the most natural pose for the shot but is the best dressed.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote