HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Russo: Team getting optional practices??

Old
03-11-2010, 07:56 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Russo: Team getting optional practices??

From his blog

Quote:
Slim pickings down at St. Thomas Academy this morning as the Wild "prepares" for back-to-back road games at Detroit and Buffalo.

Niklas Backstrom and Josh Harding were in goal, with Andrew Brunette, James Sheppard, Chuck Kobasew, Nick Schultz, Derek Boogaard, Robbie Earl and John Scott practicing with assistant Dave Barr and goalie coach Bob Mason running the practice.

Todd Richards did not show.

So in order, the Wild had an awful game Friday in Edmonton, light practice Saturday, 5-2 loss to Calgary Sunday, an optional practice Monday, awful game Tuesday against Florida, optional practice Wednesday and a planned day off this coming Saturday.
Very interesting indeed. I guess its good to reward futility against two of the worst teams in the league.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 09:04 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
I wouldn't want to be around this team the way they've played the last few games either...

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 09:32 AM
mnwildgophers

I guess they most be mailing it in for the season? It's plausible that we could make the playoffs, but I think we would have to go somewhere around 14-3 to even have a shot of around 94 points, and I don't think that's going to happen.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 09:53 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
I blame the players more than I blame the coach. Of course were is Mike Ramsey and the rest of those Assistant Coaches? Did they need the time off more than the players?

Did anyone else notice only one Alternate Captain was there? No Marty. No Koivu (who probably deserves the time off more than anyone, but you are the Captain). No Nolan. No Barker. No Zidlicky. Where are all these players who are pushing for this to push through to get that playoff spot? Instead, its all the players who either just came back from injury (Kobasew) or players trying to not be sent down to the AHL.

Team is getting lazy and there are some hard ass games coming up...

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Maybe these guys are more dinged up than we realize. I can't imagine professionals just blowing off practice unless they had a valid reason. Of course, we know JL would have worked their butts off following a debacle like the Panthers game.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 11:02 AM
mnwildgophers

They could be dinged up, but maybe they just figured it would be easier to just relax because they feel like they are out of it? I wish they were there to work them hard because 9 shots in regulation is horrible.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote