HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Williams Activated - Will Play Fri / Bernier Will Start / Quick on Paternity Leave

Old
03-11-2010, 12:30 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

vCash: 500
Williams Activated - Will Play Fri / Bernier Will Start / Quick on Paternity Leave

http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=4563

Quick's wife went into labor. Bernier to the Kings in Dallas!

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 12:35 PM
onlyalad

I did not think they would call him up. I wonder if it is a straight call up or (my guess) an emergency call up. Kings only have(had) 3 call ups left. Details to follow I am sure.

onlyalad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 12:36 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Please oh please let him play

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 12:39 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

I'd still say let Ersberg play.... Bernier has been shaking of late... He was yanked last night after the 5th goal in the 2nd. Matters how long Quick is with his wife, but for Dallas i'd give the nod to Ersberg. (more experience)

and congrats to Quick!!

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Rommel

Congrats Quick!!

Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I'd say give Bernier a taste. . he's deserved it for his hard work down in Manchester

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:05 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

I can't believe how many fans want to throw an rookie goalie in net in the middle of march while in a dog fight with Coyotes for a home ice in the playoffs. Kings fans have been out of the playoffs for too long. You just don't do that! It makes no sense. Not to mention the potential rift it could cause in the lock room, and the disrespect to Ersberg, you can't just disrespect your players like that. Ersberg is the more proven goalie. You give him the start .

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:10 PM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
I can't believe how many fans want to throw an rookie goalie in net in the middle of march while in a dog fight with Coyotes for a home ice in the playoffs. Kings fans have been out of the playoffs for too long. You just don't do that! It makes no sense. Not to mention the potential rift it could cause in the lock room, and the disrespect to Ersberg, you can't just disrespect your players like that. Ersberg is the more proven goalie. You give him the start .
I'm with you on the respect issue, but frankly, at this point I'd say Bernier is the guy who's more ready to start just because he has been starting. Ersberg probably forgets what it's like to have other teams shoot at him. They should have started him in the Columbus game. Either one starting tomorrow is fine with me.

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
They had to know this was coming with Quick's wife being due around this time... Used 2/4...1/2 of our call-ups allowed after the deadline so far unless this qualifies as an emergency call-up. I think Bernier should play for that price. Give him a game.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
I am sure Ersberg is knowledgeable of his professional position in the NHL and won't have his feelings hurt. He is a backup goaltender any way you slice it. Bernier, on the other hand, has been groomed to be a starter from day 1. Bernier is already making more money than Ersberg only having played 4 NHL games. It isn't like Bernier hasn't earned a start as well. In the end, it is the coach's decision, which I hope is dictated purely by which option gives the Kings the best chance to win, but I don't see any real disrespect or problem with giving Bernier a chance in goal.

Last edited by Telos: 03-11-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old
03-11-2010, 01:37 PM
palffytofrovlov

Let Bernier play!!!! We have been waiting for this for 2 1/2 years now since October of 2007....No disrespect to Ersberg, but I think Bernier deserves this shot more then him.

palffytofrovlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Shellz

Awww. Congrats Quick! Hope the little one is healthy

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:44 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

If ever there was a team to throw Bernier in against, it would be Dallas since they are incapable of beating us.

Still, Ersberg should play.

It would be funny tho if Bernier played against Dallas then got sent back to Manch, so he gets the game everyone has been clamoring for him to get but no one gets to see it! Hahaha.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:48 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
He is a backup goaltender any way you slice it. .
Yes, and a backups job is to play when the regular starter can't, like now. Bernier should ride the pine.

Old
03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

If the Kings don't use Ersberg while Quick is out, than they my as well just get rid of him altogether because it would be obvious to EVERYONE that the team has no confidence in him whatsoever. Play Ersberg! He's earned the opportunity.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:52 PM
RAZZIE King
Registered redophile

I hope to find an open feed for that Dallas game...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:57 PM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Anyone who doesn't have NHL Center Ice - it turns out only 1 game all season will not have been televised - November 7 at home against Nashville. I think that is a record.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:57 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

As much as he deserves it, I kinda hope Bernier doesn't start the game, unless L.A. plans on keeping him up permanently -- which is likely not gonna happen.

1. Ersberg would lose a ton of confidence
2. Bernier could get rocked and then how does that look to both him and Ersberg?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:07 PM
SLang

1. Congrats to Quick

2. I'd like to see Bernier play but understand if Ersberg starts.

3. Center Ice on DirecTV: Los Angeles Kings at Dallas Stars 5:30 pm (PT) channel 778, HD channel 778-1 - Dallas feed.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

It would be one thing if Quick was going to be out for a while, like 4+ games, but he will likely be back on Sunday, so Bernier is really just a body to have in case Ersberg sucks it up. If we were out of the playoff race then fine, play Bernier, but to give someone a look just for the sake of a look at this point is beyond stupid and it IS insulting to the Iceberg.

Old
03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Yes, and a backups job is to play when the regular starter can't, like now. Bernier should ride the pine.
Oh, but the starter can play...

In the end, seniority is going to win out, but I would give Bernier the look if the decision were mine. Whatever gives us the best chance at points, and to win in the future.

Old
03-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2045
For those who say Eberg should start, answer me this.

If we were short on defense and we called up Voinov, should we play Voinov or start either Harrold or 44DD?

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:12 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Rich just mentioned on LAKingsInsider, the Bernier call up is considered under "emergency conditions". I'm guessing that means it doesn't count as a call up to our total, correct?

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:13 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
For those who say Eberg should start, answer me this.

If we were short on defense and we called up Voinov, should we play Voinov or start either Harrold or 44DD?
Harrold or DD, easily.

You all underestimate the importance of having been practicing with the team for the entire season versus getting thrown into the frying pan with little to no warning, even if that call-up is the better talent or the long term solution.

Old
03-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Rich just mentioned on LAKingsInsider, the Bernier call up is considered under "emergency conditions". I'm guessing that means it doesn't count as a call up to our total, correct?
Yeah, we are still 1/4. Ersberg is going to get the start too, so Bernier will likely be on the bench for this one and back in Manchester for by the next game.