HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The "Dani California" Edition: Predators @ Sharks - 3/11/10 - 9:30 PM CST

Old
03-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
The "Dani California" Edition: Predators @ Sharks - 3/11/10 - 9:30 PM CST

vs.

March 11th, 2010
9:30 PM CST
HP Pavilion - San Jose, California

TV: FSN-TN (HD)
Radio: 104.5 FM

GO GET'EM DANNY!!!

Predators lineup:
Wilson - Arnott - Erat
Smithson - Legwand - Ward
Sullivan - Goc - Hornqvist
Dumont - Boyd - Tootoo

Suter - Hamhuis
Bouillon - Klein
Sulzer - Franson

Ellis
Rinne

Last edited by Seth Lake: 03-11-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:59 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I work until 7pm, so these late starts are great for me

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Seth Lake

Reports out of San Jose from the morning skate indicate Weber likely will return to the lineup tonight! Shea skated on his own yesterday and took part in the full morning skate today...so barring any setbacks this afternoon, expect to see #6 back patrolling the blue line tonight for the Preds!!!

Sulzer likely the scratch...

Old
03-11-2010, 02:54 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Lake did the GDT! Preds lose! Preds lose!

Do you people NOT know about the curse of the moderators?????

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Reports out of San Jose from the morning skate indicate Weber likely will return to the lineup tonight! Shea skated on his own yesterday and took part in the full morning skate today...so barring any setbacks this afternoon, expect to see #6 back patrolling the blue line tonight for the Preds!!!

Sulzer likely the scratch...
That's excellent news, and agree about Sulzer. I think Franson has actually looked better in this call-up than he did at any point in his time here before, especially defensively. Add in that he can play the PP in Grebs' absence, and that's an added bonus.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Question: Should I drop Rinne and pick up Dan Eillis in my fantasy league? It seems like he's getting more starts now and my playoffs start next week.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 04:02 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Question: Should I drop Rinne and pick up Dan Eillis in my fantasy league? It seems like he's getting more starts now and my playoffs start next week.
Drop them both and get a regular starter. We're going to be flip-flopping goaltenders from here on out.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Is it a keeper league? If so, probably not. But in the short term...your guess is as good as ours. Trotz is looking for one goalie to get hot and ride him, but thus far...each good performance by one goalie has been followed by a dropoff.

If Ellis stands tall tonight, expect Rinne to start tomorrow at Anaheim, but look for Ellis to get preference for the game at LA on Sunday...

Old
03-11-2010, 04:04 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Drop them both and get a regular starter. We're going to be flip-flopping goaltenders from here on out.
Arg. I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Right now I have Tuuka Rask and Fleury as my other guys. My goaltending sucks... Maybe if I pay close attention I can drop/pickup both Ellis and Rinne as they play.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 04:07 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Since the Olympic break, Rinne has three starts and a 2-1-0 record. This will be Ellis's third start and he comes into the night with a 1-1-0 record. I'm not sure where you see him getting more starts.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Arg. I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Right now I have Tuuka Rask and Fleury as my other guys. My goaltending sucks... Maybe if I pay close attention I can drop/pickup both Ellis and Rinne as they play.
I too have been plagued in my playoffs by injuries to my keepers. I have Bryzgalov, Rask, and Ward. It's been a fairly steady rotation and with Rask having earned the starter's job in Boston for awhile...it was great! But now Ward is out for probably the rest of the season and Rask has seemingly lost the job back to Thomas due to injury. My opponent has 5 goalies to rotate through, so...I'm hoping to steal GAA, SV%, and Win% and then have to look for my skaters to win me this round to get me into the finals...

Old
03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post

I'm actually probably around .500, but just don't like doing them due to all the creativity we see out of others when making the threads.

Just needed to get one up today...

Does someone want to call tomorrow's thread and get it up in the AM?

Last edited by Seth Lake: 03-11-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old
03-11-2010, 04:20 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
I'm actually probably around .500, but just don't like doing them do to all the creativity we see out of others when making the threads.
Still, I'm frightened. Oh well, just keep job hunting.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 05:16 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Hahah, thanks for starting it SLake. I left today at 12:30pm to go to the rink and told myself "if no one has started it by the time I get home, I guess I'll do it again!" but you took care of me. Let's just hope your curse doesn't show its face tonight!

So glad Webs is likely in tonight... we didn't do horrible without him but he's such a force that even Nabokov will be afraid of his slapshots. I'm pretty sure Ellis is in net tonight as well, let's hope that other curse where after a good game, our goalie has a bad one, doesn't happen either. Let's not forget the difference between a team like Atlanta and a team like San Jose...

I hope I can stay up until this thing is over... I've had a long day.
Regardless, LET'S GO PREDS!

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 06:03 PM
MemphisMTLfan

I'm dealing with a big time heartbreak right now so a win would probably make me feel a little better. I really need them to win tonight because I can't take two disappointments.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 06:12 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Does someone want to call tomorrow's thread and get it up in the AM?
I'll do it if no one else wants to. I am actually going to see AFI at Rockettown tomorrow, and I am getting there at 7am to start waiting in line for the 8pm show (yes, we're crazy fans). So I will start it around midnight tonight, or whenever the Sharks game is over. That is, again, if no one else wants to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post
I'm dealing with a big time heartbreak right now so a win would probably make me feel a little better. I really need them to win tonight because I can't take two disappointments.
Aww, what's the other disappointment if you don't mind me asking?

Old
03-11-2010, 06:15 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

If I make it to the 2nd intermission I'll be thrilled. Waking up between 4:30 and 5:00 AM makes these late games difficult.

Go get 'em, boys. I've got faith. Not much enthusiasm, but lots of faith.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 06:39 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

An Ottawa, Minnesota, New York, and Florida win would help our chances for a playoff spot greatly tonight. And Go Preds!

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 06:44 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
I'll do it if no one else wants to. I am actually going to see AFI at Rockettown tomorrow, and I am getting there at 7am to start waiting in line for the 8pm show (yes, we're crazy fans). So I will start it around midnight tonight, or whenever the Sharks game is over. That is, again, if no one else wants to.

Aww, what's the other disappointment if you don't mind me asking?
Men and their 'disappearing acts'. I thought we stopped that stuff once we graduated highschool.

Old
03-11-2010, 07:12 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

If I ever disappear you can pretty much assume I'm at the bar getting another drink, in the restroom, or insulting someone for wearing a Red Wings cap. Those are basically the only things that pull me away from the company of women without any sort of warning.

I saw AFI at Rockettown once. Of course, I use "saw" loosely. I really didn't want to watch them, but I rode with someone else so I just sat on the floor and played with my phone.

On topic: I think tonight I might be better off having gone to bed before the game. I might catch a bit of the first period, but as Johnius mentioned; it's hard to watch the late games when you have to be up before the sun. On a positive note, here's to waking up tomorrow to a pleasant surprise!

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 07:56 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
If I ever disappear you can pretty much assume I'm at the bar getting another drink, in the restroom, or insulting someone for wearing a Red Wings cap. Those are basically the only things that pull me away from the company of women without any sort of warning.

I saw AFI at Rockettown once. Of course, I use "saw" loosely. I really didn't want to watch them, but I rode with someone else so I just sat on the floor and played with my phone.

On topic: I think tonight I might be better off having gone to bed before the game. I might catch a bit of the first period, but as Johnius mentioned; it's hard to watch the late games when you have to be up before the sun. On a positive note, here's to waking up tomorrow to a pleasant surprise!
This is different. One day a bunch of guys decided to get together and they came to the conclusion that disappearing on a girl is the best way to break up with her. Nevermind that she gained a liking to you and an admiration for you, you're going to show her respect by just disappearing instead of being a man and telling her you really feel. It really hurts.

I would really like a win tonight. I think the boys can pull it off. I know they'll win. It'll be 5-3 Preds. Far fetched I know. OH well. Let's go!

Old
03-11-2010, 07:59 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post

We were going to get blown out anyway, so I don't see the big deal.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 08:54 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
They are actually one of my two favorite bands. Done a lot for them, traveled all over to see them, spent way too much on their merch. But I understand, they aren't for everyone. And for you to have seem them at Rockettown, that would have been back in 2004. Pretty sweet, that show was only $5.
Quote:
Men and their 'disappearing acts'. I thought we stopped that stuff once we graduated highschool.
Quote:
This is different. One day a bunch of guys decided to get together and they came to the conclusion that disappearing on a girl is the best way to break up with her. Nevermind that she gained a liking to you and an admiration for you, you're going to show her respect by just disappearing instead of being a man and telling her you really feel. It really hurts.

I would really like a win tonight. I think the boys can pull it off. I know they'll win. It'll be 5-3 Preds. Far fetched I know. OH well. Let's go!
I am really sorry to hear that! So from this I assume you're a girl? Another girl here! Share in your misery... that hasn't happened to me lately, but it did happen about 6 months ago. That is super sh!tty and it really a lack of balls on the dude's part for not being able to tell you straight up. Here's hoping for a Predators win to brighten your spirits just a little bit!

Old
03-11-2010, 09:05 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Under The Lights: Trotz edition is on right now, really interesting behind the scenes look

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
kakemono

Glad this is a late game. Working 12-16 hour night shifts this week. It'll help me push through the early night.

Preds win 4-2.
Get outshot 48-21.
Goc, Boyd, Franson, and Legwand
Heatley, Heatley

We always seem to get outshot big-time, but when we win... it's the scrub that scores and our Goalie stand on his head.

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote