HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Williams Activated - Will Play Fri / Bernier Will Start / Quick on Paternity Leave

Old
03-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Fangio

vCash: 50
With Williams back and Bernier getting serious consideration, this team should have some jump on Friday.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Fair enough.

We just disagree that as of this moment, we can legitimately say Bernier gives us the best chance to win. I think we would to see them both in practice tomorrow morning before making that decision. If Bernier beats the hell out of Iceberg in practice tomorrow, then sure, but until then, based purely on what we know at the moment, throwing the rookie out there, even if he is better positionally, is not the best chance to win.

Either way, at least, no matter who is in net. We should win this game. Getting Williams back hopefully gives us a huge boost on offensive depth. I don't expect the first line to immediately be putting up 4 points a night, but I expect the second and third lines to kick it up a notch.

"I think part of his game is he’s over aggressive at times, which I like. We’ll tame that. I’d rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Kingz4life

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Now if only we can put Richie with Stoll and Brown again and get Frolov with Modin and Zus where he belongs and Simmonds with Halpern and Clune to give us the absolutely utmost depth on the roster.

And before anyone jumps down my throat saying "See, Bernier may start!", remember that Murray has botched almost every decision of when to play his backup thus far this season.
I disagree, right now I'm loving the Modin/Handzus/Simmonds line. Modin provides the defense/big body we need in a stopper line. Frolov is better suited in an offensive roll and with him, Stoll, and Brown we actually have a legit 2nd line. I know the Frolov/Zeus combo is fantastic but Modin can do a good job in that roll and the team will benefit all around with Frolov scoring goals like he is capable of.

Putting Richardson on the 4th line with Halpern solidifies the 4th line also. If, Modin stumbles then we can move Richardson up to the 3rd line with Zeus or like you said switch him with Fro.

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Handzus-Simmonds
Richardson-Halpern- and any one of Clune/Parse/Moller

Wow, I can't wait for the playoffs!!!

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

Welcome back!!

Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:59 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 567
they got a welcome back video up on lakings.com, he's gotta play seeing that haha. Too bad its not televised, hopefully there is a stream.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:59 PM
backhander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post

Welcome back!!
Awesome!!!

Good luck Quick. This will be one of the best day's of ur life.

Williams...Yessss!!!!

Bernier...let the kid play. WE need a preview!!!!

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life View Post
I disagree, right now I'm loving the Modin/Handzus/Simmonds line. Modin provides the defense/big body we need in a stopper line. Frolov is better suited in an offensive roll and with him, Stoll, and Brown we actually have a legit 2nd line. I know the Frolov/Zeus combo is fantastic but Modin can do a good job in that roll and the team will benefit all around with Frolov scoring goals like he is capable of.

Putting Richardson on the 4th line with Halpern solidifies the 4th line also. If, Modin stumbles then we can move Richardson up to the 3rd line with Zeus or like you said switch him with Fro.

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Handzus-Simmonds

Excellent line combinations. That is exactly what I would have put down, not a single change made.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
How many total games have Smyth-Kopitar-Williams played together this season?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 04:18 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
How many total games have Smyth-Kopitar-Williams played together this season?
Short answer? Not enough.

Nice to have our first line back. I am sure JW is going to be pretty rusty for a handful of games. This will give them 16 games to get back into the groove of things for the playoff run.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Positive is that Dallas has by far my favorite play-by-play announcers in the NHL besides Bob and Jim. Ralph and Darryl are awesome.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Shellz

Question: Any concern that he got pulled (from last night’s game, after giving up five goals in two periods)?

MURRAY: “I don’t care about that. Over the duration of this year, it’s been outstanding. He has put up great numbers and a tremendous work ethic, from all of the reports that I hear. It might be a time for him to play.”

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 05:36 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

Murray should just invite Ersberg into his office and ***** slap him across his face

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Cruel11
Classless Kings

It's been a long time Willie.

Last edited by Cruel11: 03-11-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 06:16 PM
grncobra76

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
Murray should just invite Ersberg into his office and ***** slap him across his face

I agree. From the "sound" of all the Hammond interviews JB gets the start. Too bad for EE.

MURRAY: “That’s what I have to decide, what I’m going to do now. I want to see him. I know he’s had a great year, one of the best in all of the goaltenders that are outside of the NHL. This might be an opportunity for me to get a look at him, for the team, and for him to come up and play. I’m going to think about it.”

grncobra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 06:19 PM
redcard

The better goaltender should play. Period. If Murray feels that Bernier gives us a better chance of winning then he should get the start.

Sucks for Ersberg, but this is a professional team.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 06:39 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life View Post

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Handzus-Simmonds

Let's see how this jives with TM's thoughts http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=4573:

MURRAY: “I’ll get it figured out today, this afternoon. Modin came out of the game yesterday… He blocked a shot, that one slap shot from the blue line, and got it right on the glove. It kind of stung him. I’m pretty sure that everything will be OK, that he will be ready to go. If that’s the case, I’m going to keep Zeus’ line the same. Then with Stoll, it probably works out with Fro playing on the left side and Brownie playing on the right side. Then I need to decide on the other line, with Halpern. Richie will go there, and then who am I going to put with them?”

In other words...

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Handzus-Simmonds
Richardson-Halpern-

Nice work

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Hammond
Justin Williams has played in 18 games this season on a line with Anze Kopitar and Ryan Smyth. In those 18 games, the trio has combined for 61 points (23 goals, 38 assists). They’ll get a chance to recapture that magic Friday night, when they play together against the Dallas Stars.
Wow, less than I thought. Only 18 games together.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Kingz4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Let's see how this jives with TM's thoughts http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=4573:

MURRAY: “I’ll get it figured out today, this afternoon. Modin came out of the game yesterday… He blocked a shot, that one slap shot from the blue line, and got it right on the glove. It kind of stung him. I’m pretty sure that everything will be OK, that he will be ready to go. If that’s the case, I’m going to keep Zeus’ line the same. Then with Stoll, it probably works out with Fro playing on the left side and Brownie playing on the right side. Then I need to decide on the other line, with Halpern. Richie will go there, and then who am I going to put with them?”

In other words...

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Handzus-Simmonds
Richardson-Halpern-

Nice work
NICE! Don't always agree with TM's lines but there is a reason why he's the head coach. In this case I love it. If, this doesn't work he can always go back to the Frolov-Handzus-Brown line. Modin-Stoll-Simmonds would be a shut down down line also. A Modin-Handzus-Frolov line posted earlier would be amazing but I really believe its time for Frolov to FOCUS on offense. He has been a beast for the last little while. So much talent, so many options!

The 1st line will be given all the time that is needed to get back on track. For some reason I'm confident that JW will return to form rather quickly. I hope its not wishful thinking...

Now if we can only get Jones out of the line up...Drewiski, Harrold, someone from manchester...ANYONE?

Old
03-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Great news, Randy Jones stays in the lineup.
http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=4577
Quote:
After Thursday’s practice, though, Terry Murray said Jones would stay in the lineup, and Murray offered a possible explanation for the poor game but forth by Jones, which Murray acknowledged.

MURRAY: “Yeah, he did. You know, he got hit by (Dustin) Byfuglien right there early in the second period, kind of a knee-on-knee. It stung him a bit. He was feeling the hit throughout the game, and it was a little bit of a concern for him when he was making a pivot to the boards. There was one shift when he did get beat wide, and it was the pain and the soreness that was the reason for it. But I talked to him this morning. He’s at the rink getting some treatment with Kinger [trainer Chris Kingsley] and it sounds like everything is good. I will keep him in. He is stable. It was more of a contusion that was causing it.”

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 07:28 PM
TKFAN

[QUOTE=Kingz4life;24442852]NICE! Don't always agree with TM's lines but there is a reason why he's the head coach. In this case I love it. If, this doesn't work he can always go back to the Frolov-Handzus-Brown line. Modin-Stoll-Simmonds would be a shut down down line also. A Modin-Handzus-Frolov line posted earlier would be amazing but I really believe its time for Frolov to FOCUS on offense. He has been a beast for the last little while. So much talent, so many options!

The 1st line will be given all the time that is needed to get back on track. For some reason I'm confident that JW will return to form rather quickly. I hope its not wishful thinking...

Now if we can only get Jones out of the line up...Drewiski, Harrold, someone from manchester...ANYONE?[/QUOTE]

OK, really sounds like you're looking for a defenseman, we have one in Manchester that we will pay you to take off our hands - #2, the one and only Andrew Campbell

Let the party begin in Manchester!

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 07:29 PM
JMFJ 3

It's hard to believe its been 28 months since Bernier last started for the Kings.

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
I can't believe how many fans want to throw an rookie goalie in net in the middle of march while in a dog fight with Coyotes for a home ice in the playoffs. Kings fans have been out of the playoffs for too long. You just don't do that! It makes no sense. Not to mention the potential rift it could cause in the lock room, and the disrespect to Ersberg, you can't just disrespect your players like that. Ersberg is the more proven goalie. You give him the start .
before your post it was 2 people

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 07:32 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Jones was **** before the "injury" in the 2nd period. I remember the play vividly because I was hoping he was hurt. I said it. Bite me.

As for the 4th liner, it's got to be CLUNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE. Guy hates Dallas and will have extra jump in his game, plus we need someone who can mix it up with Ott and Co. if needed as opposed to Simmonds, Greene or O'Donnell......or Brown

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Jones was **** before the "injury" in the 2nd period. I remember the play vividly because I was hoping he was hurt. I said it. Bite me.

As for the 4th liner, it's got to be CLUNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE. Guy hates Dallas and will have extra jump in his game, plus we need someone who can mix it up with Ott and Co. if needed as opposed to Simmonds, Greene or O'Donnell......or Brown
hmm. Exactly what I was going to write.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Kingz4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post

Agree!