HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Williams Activated - Will Play Fri / Bernier Will Start / Quick on Paternity Leave

Old
03-11-2010, 08:59 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
And my point is that if Bernier was supposed to be playing games for the Kings at this point in his career, he would be on the roster as more than an emergency call-up. Ersberg gets first crack every time until his play says otherwise.

I can't believe how little faith you all have in Ersberg. How quickly we forget.

I don't care about 'tastes', that's what training camp, exhibition games, the start of the season and unimportant games at the end of the season for bottom feeding teams are for, not ****ing playoffs games.

Stop trying to add some logic to what is truly an emotional response at wanting Bernier to be now what he is projected to be in the future. The point of Kings' games are not to satisfy fans' curiosity about prospects.
And your point suck!

The main reason that Eberg is up here with the kings and Bernier down with the narchs is to give Bernier playing time. Don't think for a sec that just because Eberg is up here that the kings have more confidence in him or that he's a better player because that couldn't be further from the truth.

And believe me when playoffs roll around and if Quick gets injured, TM won't hesitate playing Bernier over Eberg. If anything, TM doesn't seem to have much confidence in Eberg. Eberg is an adequate back up but he won't be a starter for us if we're seriously going to contend for the cup.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The pairing of Jones and Greene has been disastrous. Jones paired with Johnson was hit and miss. The pairing of Johnson and Greene also failed to deliver. I think the lack of foot speed from both Jones and Greene just works as a deterrent and Greene doesn't read Johnson's play too well.

The top four of Doughty with Scuderi and Johnson with O'Donnell has performed well. Sometimes I think both Doughty and Johnson try to do too much as they attempt to cover all areas of the ice. They could tone it down a bit and just keep things simple when they handle the puck.

Last season, Drewiske and Greene formed a solid shutdown tandem and played very well. I would hope that Murray considers reuniting them together.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 09:23 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Let the Iceberg play!!!!

FrozenKing18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I am sure Ersberg is knowledgeable of his professional position in the NHL and won't have his feelings hurt. He is a backup goaltender any way you slice it. Bernier, on the other hand, has been groomed to be a starter from day 1. Bernier is already making more money than Ersberg only having played 4 NHL games. It isn't like Bernier hasn't earned a start as well. In the end, it is the coach's decision, which I hope is dictated purely by which option gives the Kings the best chance to win, but I don't see any real disrespect or problem with giving Bernier a chance in goal.
I think winning is the key point because we are in the playoff hunt right now and I don't want to lose position in the standings. Either can start, just want to win.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 01:58 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
As much as he deserves it, I kinda hope Bernier doesn't start the game, unless L.A. plans on keeping him up permanently -- which is likely not gonna happen.

1. Ersberg would lose a ton of confidence
2. Bernier could get rocked and then how does that look to both him and Ersberg?

3. He stands on his head.

JB might be the future. Maybe its Quick. Its not Ersberg. So let JB play and see what he's got. Give the guy a chance to show that he has learned, gotten better, and is ready for more responsibility.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 03:00 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
3. He stands on his head.

JB might be the future. Maybe its Quick. Its not Ersberg. So let JB play and see what he's got. Give the guy a chance to show that he has learned, gotten better, and is ready for more responsibility.
Exactly. No doubt if he gets rocked it will hurt his confidence but lets not exagerate.

Having the opportunity to go out on the ice tomorrow night is huge. Its one game, he deserves it and it will only make him hungrier for the long run.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 10:21 AM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=4565

"After practice today, Terry Murray said Justin Williams will play tomorrow and reclaim his spot on the first line with Anze Kopitar and Ryan Smyth. It’s also looking like Frolov-Stoll-Brown and Modin-Handzus-Simmonds, with the fourth line TBD.
Yikes. Murray didn't waste much time rewarding Richardson for that giveaway.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Defgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars H View Post
Yikes. Murray didn't waste much time rewarding Richardson for that giveaway.
It'd be a shame too. He rarely makes that big a mistake.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 11:20 AM
SLang

What? With Williams coming back, Richardson is the natural 4th line center.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
What? With Williams coming back, Richardson is the natural 4th line center.
Exactly.. otherwise who out of this group do you put on the 4th line if you leave Richardson on the top 3 lines?

Smyth Kopitar Williams
Frolov-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Handzus-Simmonds

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 12:00 PM
irisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Exactly.. otherwise who out of this group do you put on the 4th line if you leave Richardson on the top 3 lines?

Smyth Kopitar Williams
Frolov-Stoll-Brown
Modin-Handzus-Simmonds
And Richardson--Halpern--Clune is a great fourth line, if a little small. Faceoff proficiency, grease in the offensive zone, smarts in the defensive zone, and some grit thrown in.

It's amazing how much deeper this team looks with Williams back.

irisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 12:03 PM
rapots

Willy is back, awesome. Just in time to get some sync before playoffs. As for goaltending I guess Ersberg should start. He is part of team for whole season, he did not get much chances due to great form of JQ. Bernier is set to go in big role and will get it although things might be bit complicated or better to be said, sweet worries by coaching stuff since Quick jumped in the big picture of the league.
Put Iceberg in the net tonight and if neccessarly JB will jump in as back up, which I doubt we will see, not against our regular costumers Dallas Stars .

rapots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 12:04 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

It's a girl!

http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=4587

"Jonathan Quick’s wife, Jaclyn, delivered the couple’s first child — a daughter named Madison Mychal Quick — today at 4:15 a.m. Madison’s rookie card lists her at 7 pounds, 9 ounces and 20.5 inches. Congrats to the new parents!"

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Would still prefer Parse over Clune...but either way its very nice to have 4 lines who can play NHL hockey.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 12:56 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

According to Pierre Lebrun's twitter, Bernier is getting the start. http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Jonathan Bernier just left the ice, with Erik Ersberg still facing shots. The first goalie off the ice in the morning skate is, almost always, that night’s starting goalie. There will be official confirmation soon…

You gotta feel for Erik. He deserves to be playing.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 01:16 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Yes, I feel bad for Eberg as well but I think this is the right move for the team.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 01:26 PM
DeeMeck

I don't think I feel bad for Ersberg. He was plucked from obscurity by Dean Lombardi. He has been alright as a back-up.

He should plan on getting traded for a lower pick in the offseason. He is just the odd-man out next year when it comes to the way DL progresses his goalies.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 01:44 PM
SLang

Look, I've been waiting for a Stanley Cup in LA for 30+ years. Is Ersberg the future goaltender of this team? No. Is he an adequate backup for whomever is the starting goaltender? Sure. Was there a time where he carried the team a while ago? Yes. He looked good. He's just not the future. He's a stopgap until the Quick/Bernier tandem comes online, if all goes to plan. This game is a good opportunity to see where Bernier's at, considering the opponent.

I guess I feel bad for him, but not as bad as I feel about no SC in LA from the first day the Kings existed as a team.

Do whatever it takes to win. That's all.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Bernier will start, per Hammond.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 02:50 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

ugh >.>

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 03:02 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Bad decision. This organization has crapped all over EE this season, and he's played pretty well.

He'll find a good job somewhere else soon. Poor Iceberg.

Excited to see Bernier play, though.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I sort of feel bad for EE, but just like the Brandon Segal situation, this is a tough business, and it's not like EE has been screwed over, he is making 750k this season playing in the NHL when he is the teams #3 goalie.

I think EE knows his role on this team, he is the #3 goaltender who is paid like the #2 so the real #2 can get games in down in the AHL.

Go Bernier!

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 03:13 PM
KingsCourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
agreed...but right move for a goalie of the future, gotta keep JB happier then EE, should have traded him to edmonton, maybe he gets a chance to play there.

KingsCourt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Next season, Bernier will be with the team and Ersberg will be elsewhere. I'm glad to see Bernier is getting the start. Nothing against Ersberg, but he's been shaky in all of his starts. Ersberg's looked quite unstable in his last appearance, which was the shootout loss the Kings should have won.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote