HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Coach's methods fall flat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2010, 03:49 PM
  #201
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
I want to know what torts wants Avery to do be in "engaged". Avery lead the team in hits before he was taken off the ice, is that not engaging? Avery seeks out Kovalchuk to get in his head before a faceoff and what does torts do, immediately pulls Avery's line off the ice. Listen (not lisin) torts we all know you're a ***** and your ego is larger than life but don't make excuses for why you're benching a player to cover up your own personal agendas.

I actually sat in section 8 behind the rangers bench and i was screaming at torts to put avery back in the game and i said "torts enough of your ******** ego put avery in the game" and avery sitting all the way at the end of the bench on the right nodded his head. It is clear the two hate each other. After that I got warned by the security though so i had to stop yelling, but man does torts make my blood boil

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 05:17 PM
  #202
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyko1827 View Post
I want to know what torts wants Avery to do be in "engaged". Avery lead the team in hits before he was taken off the ice, is that not engaging? Avery seeks out Kovalchuk to get in his head before a faceoff and what does torts do, immediately pulls Avery's line off the ice. Listen (not lisin) torts we all know you're a ***** and your ego is larger than life but don't make excuses for why you're benching a player to cover up your own personal agendas.

I actually sat in section 8 behind the rangers bench and i was screaming at torts to put avery back in the game and i said "torts enough of your ******** ego put avery in the game" and avery sitting all the way at the end of the bench on the right nodded his head. It is clear the two hate each other. After that I got warned by the security though so i had to stop yelling, but man does torts make my blood boil
It would be easier to accept your desire to get Avery on the ice if he ever accomplished a single thing other than annoying Kovalchuk, assuming that Kovalchuk isn't laughing that this inferior talent is merely a flea on his butt.

I'm no Torts defender or fan but if Avery is being pulled, it is because he is ineffective or a pain in the butt to his own team.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 05:25 PM
  #203
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
It would be easier to accept your desire to get Avery on the ice if he ever accomplished a single thing other than annoying Kovalchuk, assuming that Kovalchuk isn't laughing that this inferior talent is merely a flea on his butt.

I'm no Torts defender or fan but if Avery is being pulled, it is because he is ineffective or a pain in the butt to his own team.
My problem is the reason torts cited the benching of avery being "he's not engaging". he clearly is engaging

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 08:04 PM
  #204
Ranger Angst
Registered User
 
Ranger Angst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
This is what 'Brooksy' took out of last night's game? A story about how the players arrived to Newark?

His bias against Tortorella makes his writing complete drivel. It's obvious that he just sits on these kind of stories months in advance and waits for an opportunity to put them out there. There's no analysis or original points made whatsoever...just a sad excuse for journalism.
I was sure I read this article way back in November. Had to doublecheck the date.

Ranger Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:11 AM
  #205
Kovy274Hart
Registered User
 
Kovy274Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Shaolin
Country: United States
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Okay, so lets see...he got to bring in a fourth line goon, he picked Voros over Byers, neither of which are even close to top 6, he actually choose a 7th d man out of camp, but he didn't like the contract offered, he chose to play our only NHL goalie most nights.

These decisions had "a ton" to do with the problems here? I disagree whole heartedly. Voros/Brash/Owens/Byers would play fourth line MAYBE third line minutes. Thats not where the problem is here. We need more goal scorers on the top 6 and a real defense, not slightly different guys skating around for a few minutes a game. The defense situation here is a fiasco, not because of Torts, but because we pay Redden a ton of money and he really shouldn't be on the team at any cap hit, let alone the one that he has and because we don't have 6 NHL dmen. Its not like they're sitting in the AHL and he's letting them rot there, this franchise doesn't have them. Hank is the only goalie on this roster who gives the team a chance to win...thats just the fact.

Torts didn't "pick" his team, he inherited a garbage lineup. He made the tweaks that you claim he did for sure, but we're talking about two fourth liners, a lack of a defenseman that we don't have and it isn't the coach's job to find and sign (lets not forget he picked a 7th d man out of camp) and him playing the only competitive goalie we have. Sorry, I don't buy it.

But hey, lets get a new coach to blame for this roster's performance...that will change everything - just like last time.

The coach lied and has all season. Forget the other issues. You don't just have a good team on skill solely. There are also character players who have roles and supposed to be important. Not on Coach Tort's team. He has divided the locker room and what you get is a team that's stopped playing for him.

Kovy274Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 03:02 AM
  #206
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart View Post
The coach lied and has all season. Forget the other issues. You don't just have a good team on skill solely. There are also character players who have roles and supposed to be important. Not on Coach Tort's team. He has divided the locker room and what you get is a team that's stopped playing for him.
Larry? Is that you? The coach lied and has lied all season? I'd like you to elaborate if you don't mind.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:37 PM
  #207
Black Tank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: a NYer in England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,170
vCash: 500
Fine, let's assume that it's completely true that Tortorella inherited a bad team. As a coach he's actually made it worse so that even the handful of true assets are having below par years.

Finally, as a fan, the team playing for Tortorella is becoming unwatchable. The players may suck but it sure looks like they suck AND hate playing the game. We can't replace 3/4 of the team but we can replace Tortorella and hope to get either more w-l success or more entertaining hockey.

Right now, we're stuck with losing hockey played with no passion and a frustrated confused guy behind the bench...

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.