HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

3/11/10 - 7:00PM EST - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2010, 08:52 PM
  #76
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
We don't have much of a choice. We are in a playoff race and we don't have anyone better. No time for him to sit out...he's got to suck it up and get right back out there. Everyone does.
Smaby?

bassassin is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 08:52 PM
  #77
LightningStrikes
Moderator
SFY
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,196
vCash: 133
Always the same move, Vinny. How about elevating the puck for a change? After all those penalty shot fails with that very move he should have known better.

Well I already had my rant on Tanguay... Overall anything has already been said in the last few GDTs. Again brutal defense (Foster, Walker, Hedman, in particular, Ohlund in OT), mediocre goaltending at best (it's rather worse than that), no signs of Malone, Chewy, Bochenski. Thompson and Vielleux were OK, I think. As usual strong performances by the Stammer/Marty/Downie-line and Vinny (who needs a lot more support by his linemates but then again his line only consists of two forwards plus Tanguay). All in all another disappointing game, this young Leafs team which is ranked 29th in the NHL was the better team. That says a lot.


Last edited by LightningStrikes: 03-11-2010 at 08:57 PM.
LightningStrikes is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
  #78
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 13,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
We are in a playoff race
Mathematically..yes, but this team isn't going anywhere this year.

This team is done for the playoffs. It's just awful how a team that didn't have many Olympians can come out and play like crap for the most part in the games they've played since the break. I don't know what happened after the Canucks game, but they've mailed it in essentially since then. No goaltending, no defense, no secondary scoring.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 08:59 PM
  #79
HedmanIsMyHomeboy
 
HedmanIsMyHomeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HedmanIsMyHomeboy
Nevermind, we're only 4 points out of the playoffs, not 6. Really, if this team can dig down deep and pull it together down the stretch...this is doable. Especially since we play Boston again.

I'm unrealistically optimistic. But I guess when I think about where we were last season compared to where we are now, I'm still excited about the progress.

Edit: Nevermind again, we are apparently 6 points out. NHL.com still has the Bruins at 70 points but has updated us with 66 points. But I still stand by what I said.

HedmanIsMyHomeboy is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 09:01 PM
  #80
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
a new era
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Smaby?
Toc benched him because he thought he was costing us. He just hasn't been the same this year. He's lost his killer instinct. Without it, he can't be that game changer he was. Eh, you can bench anyone and put in Smaby but I don't think it will change the outcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
Mathematically..yes, but this team isn't going anywhere this year.

This team is done for the playoffs. It's just awful how a team that didn't have many Olympians can come out and play like crap for the most part in the games they've played since the break. I don't know what happened after the Canucks game, but they've mailed it in essentially since then. No goaltending, no defense, no secondary scoring.
I knew someone would quote about that. Until we are officially out of it, we just have to hope in some miraculous way we turn it around, go on a hot streak like before and squeeze in. It looks very very bleak, but we aren't out until we're out.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 09:09 PM
  #81
Acehawk74
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Acehawk74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Just did some number crunching. Warning, im a stat nerd, so I went in, and double checked everything. Just how I roll

Since Smith's injury against the Caps, he's played in 7 games, some in relief, some started (including tonight)

He has the following.

GAA - 3.56
Save % - .879
Goals allowed - 19

Total time played - 320:27 (equal to 5 games and an extra period)

This breaks down to roughly allowing 3.5 goals per game during that stretch. Technically, he's allowing 2.71 goals per game over the last 7 games he played, but since some of those came in relief, the GAA stat helped me even out the numbers to more accurately depict his performance.

3.5 is near the worst in the league (as a team) when considering team's average goals per game.

Bottom line, he's been pitiful.

Acehawk74 is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 09:10 PM
  #82
Acehawk74
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Acehawk74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
On top of that, this team just isn't finding ways to get it done. They worked hard and had some fight, but ... it's just not looking good. Just not at all. We've won 1 out of the past 8 games... and the f'ing CANES are about to tie us. That's the most depressing thing of this whole thing to me, that a team who we once led by 23 points is now 2 points behind us.

Acehawk74 is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 09:16 PM
  #83
Benders Lindyhop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehawk74 View Post
On top of that, this team just isn't finding ways to get it done. They worked hard and had some fight, but ... it's just not looking good. Just not at all. We've won 1 out of the past 8 games... and the f'ing CANES are about to tie us. That's the most depressing thing of this whole thing to me, that a team who we once led by 23 points is now 2 points behind us.
Out of this horrible soap opera of a season I somehow managed to not hear anything else quite so depressing. Thanks alot

Benders Lindyhop is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 09:19 PM
  #84
Acehawk74
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Acehawk74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Out of this horrible soap opera of a season I somehow managed to not hear anything else quite so depressing. Thanks alot
Sorry Carolina is my most hated team, so it sickens me to no end myself.

It's just really sad, I don't understand why this team cannot find ways to win more consistently than they do. I just don't see it. There's zero reason this team should struggle like this, yet they continue to do it.

Acehawk74 is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 09:24 PM
  #85
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedmanIsMyHomeboy View Post
Nevermind, we're only 4 points out of the playoffs, not 6. Really, if this team can dig down deep and pull it together down the stretch...this is doable. Especially since we play Boston again.

I'm unrealistically optimistic. But I guess when I think about where we were last season compared to where we are now, I'm still excited about the progress.

Edit: Nevermind again, we are apparently 6 points out. NHL.com still has the Bruins at 70 points but has updated us with 66 points. But I still stand by what I said.
Sorry but I think you're more like medically optimistic! (I'm kidding here....)

TBLHoser is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 10:08 PM
  #86
kinggelato
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
If Marc Denis loses us another..........oh thats Mike Smith?

There really was no excuse to lose this game. The Walker/Hedman pairing needs to be split up. Most of their errors are caused by miscommunication.

Am I the only one who doesnt get excited when I see its Tanguay with a possible scoring chance? I mean it looks good and then I see its #13 so I start watching to make sure that we don't get caught with an odd man rush once he overpasses or turns the puck over.

They must not have been offered anything for him before the deadline, otherwise why would he still be here?

kinggelato is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 10:24 PM
  #87
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggelato View Post
If Marc Denis loses us another..........oh thats Mike Smith?

There really was no excuse to lose this game. The Walker/Hedman pairing needs to be split up. Most of their errors are caused by miscommunication.

Am I the only one who doesnt get excited when I see its Tanguay with a possible scoring chance? I mean it looks good and then I see its #13 so I start watching to make sure that we don't get caught with an odd man rush once he overpasses or turns the puck over.

They must not have been offered anything for him before the deadline, otherwise why would he still be here?
Why would half of them be here?

TBLHoser is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 10:38 PM
  #88
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Someone in another forum said we should have just tied a "Fathead" to the goal posts...would've worked just as well.....

TBLHoser is offline  
Old
03-11-2010, 10:53 PM
  #89
gobolt7
Registered User
 
gobolt7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Florida.
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedmanIsMyHomeboy View Post
I'm unrealistically optimistic.
I am unrealistically optimistic as well...that we have about as good a shot at the playoffs as I do to hook up with Megan Fox this weekend!

gobolt7 is offline  
Old
03-12-2010, 12:10 PM
  #90
DarrylshutzSydor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: California
Country: Palestine
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
where has Malone and Lecavalier been? Smith definitely looks like a different player from when he arrived

DarrylshutzSydor is offline  
Old
03-12-2010, 05:02 PM
  #91
Vincent_TheGreat
Registered User
 
Vincent_TheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,128
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Glad to see Vinny playing well... I hope those shoulder and wrist injuries are now far behind him... He was looking a lot more like the Vinny of old. Purcell looks really good on his line, Tanguay on the other hand is a waste of space. To the person who said Vinny can't play D, you know nothing

Vincent_TheGreat is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.