HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Canada customs holding my team canada jerseys

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2010, 06:19 PM
  #51
Predatials
Registered User
 
Predatials's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mount Juliet
Country: United States
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The best part is that OP is probably posting from his home or work, which means that he has made a public statement admitting his own crimes on an easily traceable IP address.
does that make us all accomplices?

Predatials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 06:29 PM
  #52
illogic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caps Lock View Post
does that make us all accomplices?
HFBoards has been arrested for habouring a known fugitive.

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 06:35 PM
  #53
f1nn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,795
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to f1nn



that is all.

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 06:39 PM
  #54
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caps Lock View Post
does that make us all accomplices?
I'm really more of a whistle blower. Or at the very least I'm just pointing and laughing.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 06:51 PM
  #55
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,864
vCash: 500
Simple enough. You bought items claiming them for personal use when you meant to re-sell them commercially, but you bought too many of them in a short span of time and Customs predictably flagged them. You try to slip 200 jerseys through Customs? Come on, man. They aren't that slow.

The Man will probably get in touch with you and ask whether you want your items, and if so, kindly request that you pay the commercial duty.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 06:59 PM
  #56
goodguys
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy17 View Post
You're joking, but Customs looks for exactly that kind of thing. Multiple shipments originating from the same place, going through different routes, to the same customer (even if not the same address).

trust me
not that stupid. they are all from different senders to ditfferent recivers with different addresses.

goodguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:02 PM
  #57
goodguys
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by illogic View Post
HFBoards has been arrested for habouring a known fugitive.
to funny. where do you think people are selling these? they are huge items and people love them. No one cares if there fakes when the trined professionals cant tell the difference. I donate them and they auction them off at several bchl games to help the teams pay for stuff. Criminal I dont think so.

goodguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:05 PM
  #58
danaluvsthekings
Registered User
 
danaluvsthekings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguys View Post
to funny. where do you think people are selling these? they are huge items and people love them. No one cares if there fakes when the trined professionals cant tell the difference. I donate them and they auction them off at several bchl games to help the teams pay for stuff. Criminal I dont think so.
So you donate fake jerseys for auctions.

Let me guess, you get a tax write-off for this "charitable" deduction.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:06 PM
  #59
goodguys
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC in SC View Post
Wait, so according to some people in this thread, it's not ok if this guy is attempting to sell a fake product but it's completely ok if it comes straight from a Chinese sweatshop to their house?
thanks buds. to funny. 90% of the retailers are selling clone jerseys. even the bay downtown vancouver for 599 plus taxes. so please folks know what your talking about before making silly comments.

goodguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:08 PM
  #60
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
So you donate fake jerseys for auctions.

Let me guess, you get a tax write-off for this "charitable" deduction.
Edit: saw your post above....

Still seems bizarre. Kind of a Robin Hood type scenario. I would still be miffed If I won a jersey through an event like this and it turned out to be fake.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:11 PM
  #61
goodguys
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
p.s. i dont need tax deductions. I am far from destitute. Oh and fyi I have already sold with nike brand guard many times and while they hate it there aint much they can do about it. Have a look on ebay

goodguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:11 PM
  #62
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguys View Post
thanks buds. to funny. 90% of the retailers are selling clone jerseys. even the bay downtown vancouver for 599 plus taxes. so please folks know what your talking about before making silly comments.
No way the Bay is knowingly selling illegally imported jerseys. The only way they are is if someone has already pulled a scam on them. IE, purchase a jersey, return the fake. The fake goes back up for sale.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:14 PM
  #63
Meganuck*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
No way the Bay is knowingly selling illegally imported jerseys. The only way they are is if someone has already pulled a scam on them. IE, purchase a jersey, return the fake. The fake goes back up for sale.
Hmmm... you just gave me an idea...

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:15 PM
  #64
goodguys
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Edit: saw your post above....

Still seems bizarre. Kind of a Robin Hood type scenario. I would still be miffed If I won a jersey through an event like this and it turned out to be fake.
dude you would have no idea my jerseys were fake. any experienced buyer knows the good factories. I have sent mine in for analayis to nike because they would pull my listings on ebay and guess what. I sell them all day long on ebay now so maybe they arent fakes after all maybe they come from the nike factory who knows. I dont buy the cheap crap and there is 3 grades of jerseys the aaa grade are either made at same factories or so damn close even the makers cant tell themselves. I pay 60 per jersey for aaa.

and packages come in a regular box just like anything else does not look like cocaine thats for sure.

goodguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:17 PM
  #65
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguys View Post
dude you would have no idea my jerseys were fake. any experienced buyer knows the good factories. I have sent mine in for analayis to nike because they would pull my listings on ebay and guess what. I sell them all day long on ebay now so maybe they arent fakes after all maybe they come from the nike factory who knows. I dont buy the cheap crap and there is 3 grades of jerseys the aaa grade are either made at same factories or so damn close even the makers cant tell themselves. I pay 60 per jersey for aaa.

and packages come in a regular box just like anything else does not look like cocaine thats for sure.
In that case I demand that you provide me a sample to test the quality.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:17 PM
  #66
Pures
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Great... Just great... OP, use your brain please. Hope my order of 4 jersey make it past customs in a reasonable time. It is already there for 2 days...

Pures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:20 PM
  #67
goodguys
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pures View Post
Great... Just great... OP, use your brain please. Hope my order of 4 jersey make it past customs in a reasonable time. It is already there for 2 days...
i had lots and lots of shipments usually clear in 2-24hrs every single one. only ones that havent is this order and it seems after 24hrs there is either a meesup on the forms or they gonna access the value for you. sure you will get your soon though.

goodguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:22 PM
  #68
goodguys
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
In that case I demand that you provide me a sample to test the quality.
I can post emails from nike brand guard regarding their anaylisis and the release of the jersey back to me and the release of my listings on ebay. can post that later, or if you want a sample they are 60 plus ship u.s.

goodguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:23 PM
  #69
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
I can't wait for the OP's live blog from prison.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:31 PM
  #70
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguys View Post
dude you would have no idea my jerseys were fake. any experienced buyer knows the good factories. I have sent mine in for analayis to nike because they would pull my listings on ebay and guess what. I sell them all day long on ebay now so maybe they arent fakes after all maybe they come from the nike factory who knows. I dont buy the cheap crap and there is 3 grades of jerseys the aaa grade are either made at same factories or so damn close even the makers cant tell themselves. I pay 60 per jersey for aaa.

and packages come in a regular box just like anything else does not look like cocaine thats for sure.
The quality of the product doesn't determine if it's real or fake. You can get pretty poor quality from a real product. Conversely, you can have really high quality fake merchandise. Just because Nike can't tell the difference doesn't mean it's right for you to donate the jerseys pretending they're authentics.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:45 PM
  #71
Cavabien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC in SC View Post
Considering both are illegal, and you would probably get the same amount of time for equal amounts of drugs, I don't think the intentions matter.

We're talking about pieces of fabric and cloth. To say there is a difference in you paying a Chinese website for personal use or paying said website to turn around and sell the exact same product is a bit silly and hypocritical.
there's a big difference between possession and possession with intent to sell.
Havent you seen The Wire??

Cavabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 08:04 PM
  #72
Johan Santana
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguys View Post
dude you would have no idea my jerseys were fake. any experienced buyer knows the good factories. I have sent mine in for analayis to nike because they would pull my listings on ebay and guess what. I sell them all day long on ebay now so maybe they arent fakes after all maybe they come from the nike factory who knows. I dont buy the cheap crap and there is 3 grades of jerseys the aaa grade are either made at same factories or so damn close even the makers cant tell themselves. I pay 60 per jersey for aaa.

and packages come in a regular box just like anything else does not look like cocaine thats for sure.
tell me then the material that RBK Edge 1.0 or 2.0 is made out of.

I am a jersey collector I could tell your jerseys were fake from a MILE away

Johan Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 08:17 PM
  #73
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler
 
Jeffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguys View Post
I can post emails from nike brand guard regarding their anaylisis and the release of the jersey back to me and the release of my listings on ebay. can post that later, or if you want a sample they are 60 plus ship u.s.
I call. Post the email.

__________________
"Never has such an unaccomplished person yapped as much as (Jeffler) does."
Follow me on Twitter
Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 09:22 PM
  #74
cmdrdredd
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
He's one of the good guys though.
So was Chucky

cmdrdredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 09:57 PM
  #75
DC in SC
Registered User
 
DC in SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavabien View Post
there's a big difference between possession and possession with intent to sell.
Havent you seen The Wire??
No, sorry, forgive me if I missed the episode on the big bad world of inner-city hockey jersey bootlegging.

All I can say is good luck to whomever is trying to prove there was intent based on a large order alone. In a court, I would imagine all it takes is for one "associate" to step up and say they were for a charity, peewee hockey team, Christmas gifts for a business, etc. and their case would be pretty hard to prove.


My point is, why all the sudden the huge outcry that someone is trying to turn a profit off of Chinese kock-offs when some of the same people are buying them straight from their sites and taking no issue with it?

DC in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.