HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Canada customs holding my team canada jerseys

Old
03-12-2010, 09:24 PM
SpringfieldSkins

vCash: 500
So... shouldn't you have like... bought these things... before team Canada won the gold? I mean, you're kinda late to the dance.

SpringfieldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 11:22 PM
HowToHockey

Man this guy posted in the wrong forum. I figured he was just trying to find a creative way to let people know he has 200 team canada jerseys for sale. He didn't expect us HF members to be so smart.

HowToHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 11:44 PM
goodguys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC in SC View Post
No, sorry, forgive me if I missed the episode on the big bad world of inner-city hockey jersey bootlegging.

All I can say is good luck to whomever is trying to prove there was intent based on a large order alone. In a court, I would imagine all it takes is for one "associate" to step up and say they were for a charity, peewee hockey team, Christmas gifts for a business, etc. and their case would be pretty hard to prove.

My point is, why all the sudden the huge outcry that someone is trying to turn a profit off of Chinese kock-offs when some of the same people are buying them straight from their sites and taking no issue with it?
thank you

goodguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 11:45 PM
goodguys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringfieldSkins View Post
So... shouldn't you have like... bought these things... before team Canada won the gold? I mean, you're kinda late to the dance.
these are much more popular now and pretty much sold out worldwide

Old
03-12-2010, 11:47 PM
goodguys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Santana View Post
tell me then the material that RBK Edge 1.0 or 2.0 is made out of.

I am a jersey collector I could tell your jerseys were fake from a MILE away
nike not reebok and I would have no idea I dont claim to be an expert on jerseys pal. just that nikes lawyers contacted me, I sent them a jersey they sent back with a sorry letter and let me freely post them on ebay.

Old
03-12-2010, 11:49 PM
goodguys

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavboyz View Post
Man this guy posted in the wrong forum. I figured he was just trying to find a creative way to let people know he has 200 team canada jerseys for sale. He didn't expect us HF members to be so smart.
smart? I dont need help selling them. oh my these things are so easy to sell its insane (over 300 in last 2 months), but anyway this post has gotten out of hand. Was just asking to see if anyone else has had customs problems in the past.

Old
03-12-2010, 11:52 PM
goodguys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Santana View Post
tell me then the material that RBK Edge 1.0 or 2.0 is made out of.

I am a jersey collector I could tell your jerseys were fake from a MILE away
maybe you should go work for nike brand guard then. lmao cause if their team cant then it seems they need your help

Old
03-13-2010, 01:36 AM
kr580

Send a message via AIM to kr580
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguys View Post
... I donate them and they auction them off at several bchl games to help the teams pay for stuff. Criminal I dont think so.
Quote:
smart? I dont need help selling them. oh my these things are so easy to sell its insane (over 300 in last 2 months)...
Hooray contradiction!

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 02:21 AM
SpringfieldSkins

Quote:
these are much more popular now and pretty much sold out worldwide
Sorry, I'm an American. I don't want any of your fake me out Canada jerseys.

I hear the homeless need some blankets though. Perhaps you have some in XXL. That would be the benevolent thing to do.

SpringfieldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 01:21 PM
91Tavares

goodguys did you get your jerseys in the end

91Tavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Johan Santana

Quote:
nike not reebok and I would have no idea I dont claim to be an expert on jerseys pal. just that nikes lawyers contacted me, I sent them a jersey they sent back with a sorry letter and let me freely post them on ebay.
really? would you like to post that letter? I been helping ebay take fake jerseys off ebay for years now, if I saw yours on ebay I am sure it will be off within 24 hours. I know the owner of many jersey manufacturers such as Mitchell & Ness and it would not be a problem to have those jerseys taken off ebay in a heartbeat.

Johan Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

LMFAO at the contradiction.

First he says he donates them, then he admits he's sold 300 in the last 2 months.

Another funny thing is he registered to HFBoards to whine about this.

03-13-2010, 06:08 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Someone want to send this thread to Nike for analysis?

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:18 AM
yay

Quote:
not that stupid. they are all from different senders to ditfferent recivers with different addresses.
So, you intentionally disguised the large quantity of your order to hide it from CBSA by using multiple senders and receivers? Thanks for that info.

Well, since HF Boards is hosted by GoDaddy (a US company) in the United States, sounds like a US Federal LEO would have jurisdiction to issue a warrant for your email, name, IP address(es) and any other info you gave them. Wonder if CBSA wants that.

Hmm, wheres my rolodex....

yay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Crosbyfan

New Jersey's...hmm...held up at the border...sounds like some sort of trap...

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post

Penguins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 04:41 PM
flountown

Just a small bit of info, it is pretty simple to tell one of these fake jerseys from the real deal. If you would be so kind to post photos of the jerseys you received to prove us wrong then by all means do so.

Perhaps even link to your auctions if you so dare.

And when it comes to fake jerseys, I am not going to fault someone for purchasing one, because maybe they can't afford the real thing or whatever personal justification they use; heck, they might not even understand the difference, the issue becomes how it is represented when someone wants to resell it, or apparently in the noble OP's situation, donate it. If you state it is an authentic jersey, when it is clearly not, you are misrepresenting your product and that IS something to be frowned upon and in a lot of cases illegal.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavabien View Post
I ordered 9 jerseys at the start of Jan and my jerseys went thru customs in about 2 days. people seem to be confused about why you would even try to ship 200 jerseys, but what Im wondering is... how do you plan on selling them? the olympics are over bro and 90% of the population already has those exact jerseys, dedicated bootleggers had these fakes months ago and were selling them at C-Train & Sky train stations across the country for 100 bucks a pop, isnt it a bit late to try and cash in?
Not at all. Legitimate licensed retailers are still waiting for a last shipment of jerseys from Nike. There is still a huge demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
haha

It sounds like you are breaking several laws.

It's obviously a commercial enterprise. You will have to pay duty on these. If you want the items to get through faster you will need an importers account #.

Not only that you are probably being flagged by the CRA. You obviously intend to turn a profit on these jerseys, and I doubt you intend to pay taxes on that profit.

These are obviously fake jerseys. It is illegal to import unlicensed products.

Good luck on this.....

Quote:
thanks buds. to funny. 90% of the retailers are selling clone jerseys. even the bay downtown vancouver for 599 plus taxes. so please folks know what your talking about before making silly comments.
Anything The Bay (or any other legitimate retailer) sells comes to them straight from Nike. They don't get anything shipped by EMS.

There are no Team Canada jerseys for $599. There are authentic game jerseys for $499 that can be bought through CTV, and if you shop with retailers who don't put their own Limited Edition tags on them, they can be had for $399. Licensed replicas can also be had for $135.

Quote:
dude you would have no idea my jerseys were fake. any experienced buyer knows the good factories. I have sent mine in for analayis to nike because they would pull my listings on ebay and guess what. I sell them all day long on ebay now so maybe they arent fakes after all maybe they come from the nike factory who knows. I dont buy the cheap crap and there is 3 grades of jerseys the aaa grade are either made at same factories or so damn close even the makers cant tell themselves. I pay 60 per jersey for aaa.
I've worked in licensed sports retail for 7 years. There is no such thing as a jersey grade. Be they replica or authentic, they're either licensed or they're not.

I challenge you to post photos of one of these jerseys, and not just some blurry crap from distance, post detailed closeups of the logos and tags. Just like Santana, I'd tell you in a second just how fake your jerseys are. Team Canada (and all IIHF) jerseys are only available from Nike. There is no way you could have gotten their product from another source to re-sell.

Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 10:29 AM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Patchey*

Hahaha Goodguys is so full of ****. Why would you send a jersey into Nike for "analyisis". Its easy enough to tell them apart with the naked eye.

Patchey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchey View Post
Hahaha Goodguys is so full of ****. Why would you send a jersey into Nike for "analyisis". Its easy enough to tell them apart with the naked eye.
Yeah, I don't believe a word of that ****. Manufacturers know what is and is not their stuff, and more importantly, from where and to whom they are shipped.

Now it is possible that the jerseys in question could have been made in a Nike factory, but if that's the case, that means they are stolen, and illegal anyway. Be they fake jerseys or stolen jerseys, Nike would shut him down if they were actually on to him.

Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote