HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Bruins @ Montreal Canadiens - Saturday March 13th - 7PM - CBC & RDS

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
If Halak doesn't win, Martin looks stupid.

Go Habs.

Old
03-13-2010, 11:36 AM
speed11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
You don't think Price, who has been stellar vs Boston in his career, wants to come back after his first period vs Anaheim?
i'm impartial with the whole halak v price debate, both of them i'm sure are itching to redeem themselves, but it's in JMs hand to who he thinks gives this team the best chance at winning.

to be honest, i think we could start dan cloutier in net and still win this game

Old
03-13-2010, 11:36 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
5-3 habs

Old
03-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
i'm impartial with the whole halak v price debate, both of them i'm sure are itching to redeem themselves, but it's in JMs hand to who he thinks gives this team the best chance at winning.

to be honest, i think we could start dan cloutier in net and still win this game
What about Tommy Salo, post 02 Olympics?

Old
03-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Would love to see you guys win this game.

Old
03-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Erik Estrada

Wooooooooooooo

Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Magic33

I think this is Martin sending a clear message. Halak is our go to guy from now till the end. If he wasn't sure who to put in nets he would have throw Carey in. Halak has played well enough this year to be the go to guy. Next year they can both battle it out once again.

Old
03-13-2010, 11:58 AM
JrHockeyFan

Here's to hoping we win no matter who starts in net. we can stick both goalies under a microscope as much as we want to, but it is my feeling that goaltending is not our problem. Sometimes the team bails out the goalies and vice versa. I do not recall too many games where the goalies were at fault for losses

As for managing the tandem, that is a thankless job too and it will be second guessed no matter what happens. I just hope that Martin has a firm concept in place so that the chances for each guy to play are clear. Usually it is a reward situation, but sometimes it is choosing the best fit against some teams

In this particular case history favours Price vs Bruins. But if Halak wins I you'll get no complaints from me

this is a big game for us. If we keep winning the playoffs look better all the time. It would be nice to shoot for something higher than 7 or 8. The Bruins have all those games in hand so a bit more distance between us would be nice to have

Old
03-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Frankenheimer

Quote:
From Habsinsideout: Carey Price is likely to get the start after Jaroslav Halak looked less than stellar in Montreal's 5-4 win over Edmonton in a shootout on Thursday.
Looks like Tony one-upped HIO on this one. Maybe he really does have a dressing room mole.

Old
03-13-2010, 11:59 AM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:

Go Habs.
But if he bounces back from his only bad start in months, and keeps rolling like he has, then the whole team wins, not just Price in your eyes, and you look stupid. Listen I like Price as much as anyone,but he hasn't shown he can keep it together over multiple games, lets not make the same mistake as 06.

Old
03-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Frankenheimer

GDT is going to be impossible tonight. The vultures are already out and hungry for meat! Never seen such unhappy fans in the midst of 4 game winning streak.

Old
03-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec View Post
But if he bounces back from his only bad start in months, and keeps rolling like he has, then the whole team wins, not just Price in your eyes, and you look stupid. Listen I like Price as much as anyone,but he hasn't shown he can keep it together over multiple games, lets not make the same mistake as 06.
So I'd look stupid if the team wins?

Oh well, I'd be happy.

Old
03-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:

Go Habs.
Stop whining, get a life.

Old
03-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Montreal4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Looks like Tony one-upped HIO on this one. Maybe he really does have a dressing room mole.
eh, 50%-50% chance of getting it right no?

As for those criticizing JM for his choice of Halak, Price has had the opportunity to bounce back after bad starts, why can't Halak. What has he done in the past to prove that he cant. Last game was by far his worst Ive seen him play (but I've seen Brodeur play worst games as well, isnt he the best goalie of all times?). I have confidence that Halak will play a solid game. Price would have too. Which ever goalie plays tonight, it doesnt matter, cause we will crush the Ruins!!!!!!

Old
03-13-2010, 12:22 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
This win your in even though you played like a pile of dog **** against the worst team in the league is v
quite comical
Habs better win this one in regulation so they can distance themselves from the bruins

Old
03-13-2010, 12:25 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Halak has looked less than spectacular the last 4 periods of play, and Price owns the Bruins...makes no sense to me.
Halak has incredible career numbers against Boston according to Habs I/O. 1.99 GAA, .940 SV%.

Quote:

Stupid.
Yeah, in the middle of the a playoff race, it's stupid to go with the goalie who is getting wins (even when he plays poorly). So stupid.

Old
03-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Montreal4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Halak has incredible career numbers against Boston according to Habs I/O. 1.99 GAA, .940 SV%.

Yeah, in the middle of the a playoff race, it's stupid to go with the goalie who is getting wins (even when he plays poorly). So stupid.
+1

and I've always prefered Price, but come you have to be a space cadet to realise that Halak is the better of the two this year..... quite the dilemna we have.. although what a great one. I have full confidence in the the two goalies.

Old
03-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Frankenheimer

Tonight's game is very decisive, not only because of the points standings, but also in terms of our goaltending situation.

Halak absolutely needs to start tonight for the simple reason that it's a make or break game for him. We need to finally learn whether Halak has got what it takes to deal with the pressure, and frankly, I'm still undecided.

Coming off a bad performance into a pressure cooker game with his butt and team on the line is exactly the evidence we're missing to assess Halak's progress. This is what I personally have been wanting to know for a long time. Can Halak handle the pressure of big games and of being number 1 or not? Tonight we might finally get an answer.

Throwing Price in once again delays that answer and prolongs the pain, I don't think Price-biased fans realize that. Price will eventually lose, Halak will eventually get a chance under less pressure, and we lose this opportunity for a conclusive statement.

It's a very intelligent move by Martin, imo, because I'm sure he wants to finally get a sense of what Halak is all about as well. It has nothing to do with "deserving".

Old
03-13-2010, 12:30 PM
la25ecoupe

if we win 5, is this a record?

Old
03-13-2010, 12:31 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
It makes sense, but it's very concerning given his last start... Against the league's worst team.

If I'm Martin, I don't hesitate tto put in Price if it goes 2-0 or 3-0 earlier in the game for Boston.

Old
03-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Montreal4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
It makes sense, but it's very concerning given his last start... Against the league's worst team.

If I'm Martin, I don't hesitate tto put in Price if it goes 2-0 or 3-0 earlier in the game for Boston.
True, but that worst team did just beat New Jersey and has been playing better.

Still wanted to choke him after that 4th goal he gave lol

Old
03-13-2010, 12:39 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post

I would of had no problem if Martin went with Price - if Halak lost. Even if it was a 2-1 loss.

I do have a problem if your coach changes his goalies, in a dogfight for a playoff stretch, when said goalie has been in net for 4-straight wins.

There is no question Halak played poorly, against a horrid team. But in Price's last start, he didn't look great against a non-playoff team as well. So it's not like both of our goalies are coming off epic performances. But one goalie has won 4-straight games and the other is coming off a loss and being pulled. I think that statement shows you who should start, even if it's not 100% accurate on the goalie's play.

Old
03-13-2010, 12:40 PM
airlouche

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Standings without the OT/SO points (actual points)...just for fun

6- Philly 70pts (74)
7- Habs 68pts (74)
8- Bruins 60pts (72)
------------
9- Rangers 60pts (69)
10- Tampa 56pts (68)
11- Thrashers 56pts (66)

Go Habs Go!!
Interesting stat, I hate the extra point for the loser.

Old
03-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Halak in net is the right choice, it's not the time to think about the futur it's time to make the PO. Huge game tonight let's get the 2 points

Old
03-13-2010, 12:46 PM
FuriousBob

Actually playing halaks makes a tons of sense to me. You can't juggle goalies in the playoff and he is sending a clear message to Halak that he his the one who will get the playoffs starts. For me it's a good decision because as much as I love Price and as much as I think he will become a hell of a goaler halak is better than him this season.

Closed Thread