Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2010, 10:31 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

vCash: 500
How long will it take?

This is a 2 part thread.

Part 1- How long will it take untill relocation rumors become serious?

The Flames were done after what 10 nhl seasons?

This is the Thrashers 10th season. Only 1 playoff appearance. No playoff wins. Numerous amounts of lotterys. A whole lot more I can add on.

I'm just wondering if there is a time frame before Thrashers being relocated gets serious.

Lets face it. We don't have dedicated owners that want to win.

Part 2- How long will it take untill Waddell is fired, if ever?

TEN , count it, TEN seasons and could not build a team. He is Milburry reincarnated. Why oh why is he not gone yet? Teams around the league will never take us seriously untill he is fired. Fans wont take us seriously. He is a joke.

All he ever done was assure to us that the lottery is our home.

Who do you blame for losing all our superstars? Ownership or Waddell. Both need a change. With Waddell here in the future, i wont be able to take my own team seriously anymore and sadly, i could see the Thrashers being moved within 5 years unless we see some dramatic meaningful change is made.

Old
03-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Part 1.

5 years of sucking/bad attendance

part 2.

who knows, they dont seem too motivated to make a change. if we continue this tank fail i think this could be the best shot at him getting fired we have ever had

Old
03-12-2010, 10:40 PM
AintLifeGrand

Thrashers aren't moving for the foreseeable future, Atlanta is too big of a market. We will probably have to deal with 1 more year of mediocre attendance while the team attempts to get their **** together for another year.

Old
03-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Shameus

I am putting a warning in here now that any trolling, even border line on the attendance issue will be dealt with immediately. Responding to the OP's question is fine. Snide remarks or talking about how it needs to move will not be tolerated.

Old
03-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Thrashers aren't moving for the foreseeable future, Atlanta is too big of a market. We will probably have to deal with 1 more year of mediocre attendance while the team attempts to get their **** together for another year.
For the record I would probably agree with this.

Old
03-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
In my opinion, the only thing that is saving the thrashers at the moment is the complex arrangement with the Hawks and Philips Arena which I believe has a few more season under the current agreement.

I have no doubt that next renewal, the thrashers will be extracted from the agreement with Hawks, which will mean that the will make easier to sell and eventually move away from Atlanta.

I think they have done far too much damage to the supporter base to see attendances rise significantly, even if they do start winning and make the playoffs in the next few seasons.

I really can't see how Atlanta Spirit Group can justify keeping Don Waddell as VP and GM for next season. He failed to re-sign the only remaining marquee player in Kovalchuk. The team is very likely to be in the lottery again which means they haven't improved on the ice. And to make matters worse attendances and season ticket sales are way down and going to get worse next season with no Kovy.

Old
03-12-2010, 11:16 PM
AintLifeGrand

is this when we pick up Bob Gainey? can't be much worse than DW

I think a tandem of Gainey and Dudley would actually be kind of succesful.

Old
03-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

think we could detroit our spot in the eastern conference in exchange for ken hitchcock?

Closed Thread