HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 UFA list

Old
03-11-2010, 08:50 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
I remember this past offseason I wanted the Sedin twins. I felt that it would be great for our chemistry and talent spread. It wouldn't be so much one and done w/ what we have w/ Gaborik.

Me and someone got into it. He believed that the twins weren't at a superstar talent level, while I suggested if not already they are on there way.

Well guess what,the twins are ripping it up. Wish there was someway to bump that thread.

However, it's not to say with the mess we have outside of the two twins if we were to get them would get us into the playoffs. The defense is pretty bad, as is any secondary scoring.

What a mess this team is.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 09:17 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I see us being very active on draft day.

With that being said. The guys I target in the offseason are:

Jagr, Plekanec, Volchenkov.
Yes for the right price, HELL NO, and YES!

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 10:13 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Now there's a guy I could get behind as a UFA signing. Michalek is fantastic. I can't see Phoenix letting him walk though, is that really a possibility?
Probably depends on when the ownership situation is settled here. He'll require a 3-4 year committment at $3MM+ per year. Same for Lombardi. Without a new owner in place, I don't know if the league will let Maloney give out that kind of money. The Coyotes only have one big contract (Jovo) that they can move to make salary cap room and they have a boatload of significant RFAs (Upshall, Wolski, Hanzal) too.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I'd definately take Jagr at the right price. He looked good in the olympics and I bet he's still good for at least 25 goals.

Plekanec (sp?) looks like he is going to want a lot of money and has bust potential coming to NY.

Volchenkov DEFINATELY.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 11:02 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Vochenkov I'd be careful with. He could turn into Kaspar part 2 if they give him too much dough.

Plekanec doesn't impress me. He's good but he's a orime candidate for "Rangers give him $5.5-6 million and expect him to exceed his career numbers but he doesn't" type guys. He's Gomez/Drury part 2.

I wanted Olli back but he's been inconsistent so unless he takes 3 mill, let him go.

To be PC and gender fair; Honestly, this year's free agent class is like when you go to the school dance and most of the opposite sex you are trying to hit on are really nasty so it makes the 5s and 6s seems like 8s and 9s.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 11:06 PM
satrabyk

Singings are the last thing we should worry about. DONT YOU PEOPLE SEE A PATTERN OF SIGNING GUYS AT JULY 1. IT DOES NOT WORK FOR THE RANGERS! also not for most teams because usually you are overpaying for player that has has his best season recently knowing he is in a contract year. Simply forget signing guys lets look at how we could get rid of guys i.e Drury, Redden, and Prospal now way we should sign him again. If we pay him more money next year he will be a complete bust, he was only good this year because he went 100% every game and Gaborik was healthy most of the season and he was playing 1rst line minutes, its greatly possible none of those things will be the case next year, so what sense would be singing him again.

Last edited by satrabyk: 03-11-2010 at 11:11 PM.
satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Richter35

if glen does the right thing and puts wade in HFD and trade girardi for picks, he's definitely going to have to sign at least 1 dman. Hamhuis is a good choice but I'd rather sign Michalek out of PHX, I don't think they have the money to pay him and he'll prob sign for less than Hamhuis. Mara as a #6 is also a possibility, depends on how cheap he is.

Up front lisin/voros/shelley (unless he signs for nothing) are out the door with joker probably out of our price range meaning we need to sign a top 6 F, the pickings are real slim tho. Demitra is probably going to be a ranger next year from the looks of it.

edit: and for the record I'd like to see prospal back, 2.25M tops tho, the guy is still getting paid by TB for the next 5 years he can take below market value

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikTheKing30 View Post
Hopefully this is a good thing. Maybe, just maybe, Sather won't throw money away. I would go after a quality, physical d-man and maybe one forward (Frolov?). Save for next year, when we can go after solid forwards like like Semin, Patrice Bergeron, Mikko Koivu, David Backes, and Petr Prucha
If we sign Alex Semin I'll go to Ranger games just to boo him. I don't want Semin here, I don't care how good he is, he's a little *****.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 11:56 PM
dtrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
If we sign Alex Semin I'll go to Ranger games just to boo him. I don't want Semin here, I don't care how good he is, he's a little *****.
BUT HE'S THE BEST DRUMMER I'VE EVER SEEN!

Old
03-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
BUT HE'S THE BEST DRUMMER I'VE EVER SEEN!

This is all part of the reason I don't want him. He's an embarrassment, a whiny little brat, and a pampered russian crybaby.

Who wants to join my fanclub, the "Bring Back Paul Mara" club. And sign Frolov if he's willing to come for less than a small fortune.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I see Derek Morris coming back to New York.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 12:26 AM
John Torturella

This team needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Get rid of Sather and Torts. Clear out Jokinen, Redden and Rozsival. Been nice knowin ya Dan Girardi. See you later Brian Boyle and the rest of the fourth line bums. Go with youth and make some SMART signings.

The situation is not a good one. Its not gonna turn around in one summer. The mix of overpaid underperforming vets, third liners and inexperienced players is not gonna be easy to fix.

The prospects in the minors are sorta in a transition phase. None of them are ready yet but there is great promise for 3-4 years from now.

Unless a massive overhaul is somehow pulled off the future looks like mediocrity. This team, unless drastic changes occur, is primed to be sitting in the 10 to 12 spot for the next few seasons.

Shame in all of this is Henrik is having productive years being wasted because Sather is a moron.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 09:11 AM
BobSantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
Who wants to join my fanclub, the "Bring Back Paul Mara" club.
Yeah, I'd join that club, but I think a lot of members here have been on that bandwagon for a while. Bring back the Beard!

Morris I couldn't be less interested in.

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 09:50 AM
JayCee

Redden to hartford, let all our UFAs go. Offer RFA Nic Backstrom (only 23 years old), our #1 center for years to come.

JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 11:09 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
Redden to hartford, let all our UFAs go. Offer RFA Nic Backstrom (only 23 years old), our #1 center for years to come.
Backstrom is centering the best player in the world and has a top 3 defenseman playing with him. Do you really think he would bolt for a little bit more money to a team that's as crappy as Washington is great?

I'd go after Volchenkov. Him and Staal could make for one hell of a pairing, although there won't be much offense there

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 11:31 AM
dtrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Backstrom is centering the best player in the world and has a top 3 defenseman playing with him. Do you really think he would bolt for a little bit more money to a team that's as crappy as Washington is great?

I'd go after Volchenkov. Him and Staal could make for one hell of a pairing, although there won't be much offense there
Guys bolt good teams for crappy teams for money all the time in sports. Some of you guys make me laugh when you look at these athletes and act like they are holy and don't think about the money, just the situation they are/would be playing in.

They want as much money as they can get, just like the rest of us.

Old
03-12-2010, 11:47 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
Guys bolt good teams for crappy teams for money all the time in sports. Some of you guys make me laugh when you look at these athletes and act like they are holy and don't think about the money, just the situation they are/would be playing in.

They want as much money as they can get, just like the rest of us.
When they are UFA's - maybe. It is pretty rare for offer sheets to be offered in the first place, and even rarer for players to accept them

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Hey, I don't see Slats going the offer sheet route anyway but centering Gaborik wouldn't be the most unattractive thing in the world. And let's not forget that Lundqvist would be a major attraction - especially if Washington's goaltending does them in in the PO's.

I think it's highly unlikely Backstrom leaves Washington but if he did, I would expect NY to be one of the more attractive destinations for him.

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
The situation is not a good one. Its not gonna turn around in one summer. The mix of overpaid underperforming vets, third liners and inexperienced players is not gonna be easy to fix.

Unless a massive overhaul is somehow pulled off the future looks like mediocrity. This team, unless drastic changes occur, is primed to be sitting in the 10 to 12 spot for the next few seasons.

Shame in all of this is Henrik is having productive years being wasted because Sather is a moron.
I agree with some of what you're saying (Fire Sather!) but I don't believe fixing the team would be that tough. The fact is there's few teams who are sitting pretty with oodles of talent and no cap problems. The Rangers can turn it around plenty quick.

It shouldn't be that hard to find a serviceable center for Gabby and another scoring winger. I think we need an upgrade on D (I know, tell you something you don't know, right?) but it doesn't necessarily have to be a superstar on D to turn things around. If we had a good GM, I think this team could address those issues through free agency and smart trades.

We'll see what happens with Sather, instead.

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 02:21 PM
UAGoalieGuy

My Hopes for the 2010-11 Season:

- Redden waived to Hartford ($6.5 million in cap savings).
- Brashear traded for next to nothing ($1.4 million in cap savings).
- Voros waived to Hartford ($1 million in cap savings).
- Staal re-signed for 3 years at a cap hit of $3 million.
- Girardi re-signed for 2 years at a cap hit of $1.75 million.
- Prust re-signed for 2 years at a cap hit of $700K.
- Shelly re-signed for 1 year at a cap hit of $600K.
- Jokinen re-signed for 2 years at a cap hit of $4 million.
- Auld re-signed for 2 years at a cap hit of $800K.
- Prospal re-signed for 1 year at a cap hit of $2 million.
- Volchenkov signed to for 3 years at a cap hit of $4 million.
- Rangers get a top 10 draft pick and select Kabonov, then signed to a 3 year $875K ELC.

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES
FORWARDS
Marian Gaborik ($7.500m) / Chris Drury ($7.050m) / * Olli Jokinen ($4.000m)
Ryan Callahan ($2.300m) / * Vaclav Prospal ($2.000m) / Sean Avery ($1.938m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($1.850m) / * Kirill Kabonov ($0.875m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.822m)
* Brandon Prust ($0.700m) / * Jody Shelley ($0.600m) / Brian Boyle ($0.525m)
DEFENSEMEN
Michal Rozsival ($5.000m) / * Anton Volchenkov ($4.000m)
* Marc Staal ($3.000m) / * Daniel Girardi ($1.750m)
Matt Gilroy ($1.750m) / Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m)
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / * Alex Auld ($0.800m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER: 20; PAYROLL: $54.422m; CAP ROOM: $2.591m BONUSES: $0.212m

Rangers would have approx. $2.6 million in cap space if the cap remains where it is right now. Could run lines like this:

Prospal - Jokinen - Gaborik
Kabonov - Dubinsky - Callahan
Avery - Drury - Anisimov
Prust - Boyle - Shelley

Staal - Girardi
Volchenkov - MDZ
Roszival - Gilroy

Lundqvist
Auld

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote