HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Malkin really considered part of a "Big 3" Talk?

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2010, 08:45 PM
SchennSational1022*

vCash: 500
God almighty Ryan Getzlaf is nowhere close to Malkin, give me a break.

Old
02-26-2010, 09:07 PM
RoninsRevenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesJokebook View Post
I have been saying it for 3 years, Malkin has NEVER been to the level of Crosby/Ovechkin. Very inconsistent.

I would argue for players like Parise being far better than Malkin too. Not a Malkin fan at all.
Parise far better than Malkin. That's pretty funny. This has been a very bad year for Malkin. He's been played injured and then missed a bunch of games. And never forget the scrubs he plays with. All that said, he's still got more points than Parise.

Old
02-26-2010, 09:10 PM
CloutierForVezina

vCash: 50
Quote:
I have been saying it for 3 years, Malkin has NEVER been to the level of Crosby/Ovechkin. Very inconsistent.

I would argue for players like Parise being far better than Malkin too. Not a Malkin fan at all.
Let me know when Parise wins an Art Ross and Conn Smythe in the same year.

Hell, just let me know when Parise scores 36 points in a single playoffs.

Old
02-26-2010, 09:20 PM
joe89

What the hell has Getzlaf done to be considered on Malkin's level? He could start by winning an Art Ross/Conn Smythe or actually have a 100p season. THEN he can be put in the same sentence as Malkin.

Old
02-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Lim Ran

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain richie18 View Post
God almighty Ryan Getzlaf is nowhere close to Malkin, give me a break.
Posted by a Flyers fan.

Thread is over.

Sports fans have memories like goldfish.

Old
02-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Noah23*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
What the hell has Getzlaf done to be considered on Malkin's level? He could start by winning an Art Ross/Conn Smythe or actually have a 100p season. THEN he can be put in the same sentence as Malkin.
"HE IS PHYSiCALLY DOMINATE!111111111elevetyy111111@@222"

Though I do love Getzlaf and his play in the PO was just amazing. Getzlaf/Hiller/Perry carried that team.

Old
02-26-2010, 09:30 PM
haveandare

I love how someone actually says "I'm not just saying oh one game, he hasn't been stellar all season" and still gets arguments as if the observation was about one game.

Old
02-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Long Duk Dong
Sammich King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDelonge View Post
Everyone considers malkin as part of the "big 3" , but after last night, I don't know if I can consider him hands down as apart of the big 3, and maybe it should just be Crosby + OV hands down with Malkin on Getzlaf/Datz level. He was invisible, made terrible plays, and im not just saying oh one game, he hasn't been stellar all season. Still an amazing player, but if you think you can try to debate him as "mal-king" best player in the world then come on. He is still amazing but I would probably compare him to the Jagr of the past, amazing but just below the top two of Crosby and OV/ Mario and Gretz.
Mal-king has more points in this tournament then O-stenchin does, and at least he TRIED to play a little D. Coming from a Craps fan, this thread doesn't surprise me at all.

Old
02-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDelonge View Post
Everyone considers malkin as part of the "big 3" , but after last night, I don't know if I can consider him hands down as apart of the big 3, and maybe it should just be Crosby + OV hands down with Malkin on Getzlaf/Datz level. He was invisible, made terrible plays, and im not just saying oh one game, he hasn't been stellar all season. Still an amazing player, but if you think you can try to debate him as "mal-king" best player in the world then come on. He is still amazing but I would probably compare him to the Jagr of the past, amazing but just below the top two of Crosby and OV/ Mario and Gretz.
The Olympics should not be the barometer of a player's legacy.

We need to stop this. Malkin is a world class talent. There are only two guys who can dominate a game to his level, and their names are Crosby and Ovechkin.

I can't wait when he becomes a Ranger

Old
02-26-2010, 10:35 PM
KeepitinPitt

Send a message via ICQ to KeepitinPitt Send a message via AIM to KeepitinPitt
Quote:

Please do, I'd love to hear this.

Old
02-26-2010, 10:46 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by America1776 View Post
I'm calling bullsh*t on those who say Ovechkin has unmatched passion, as I heard a commentator say the other night. Often when you protest too much about someone's qualities, they show a lacking of those qualities. We saw that the other night. In one of the biggest games of his career, Ovechkin floated as two Canadian goals were scored. Don't tell me a player has unmatched passion and drive when he plays in one end of the rink. If you want to know the answer to why Ovechkin loses in big games, it's that he and his team (Washington or Russia) are not committed to playing winning hockey. Offense will get you far. Defense wins championships. He plays hockey that wins you individual trophies. Don't call him a leader until he commits to winning hockey.
You realize ovechkin "floated" on the first goal scored against his line because malkin turned it over on the blue line for a breakaway goal and nothing short of the ability to teleport at will would have let him stop that goal.

Old
02-26-2010, 11:06 PM
DaFranzenator

Send a message via ICQ to DaFranzenator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4thurt View Post
I Love Ryan Getzlaf! :d
I can't stand him, talk about a no good dirty SOB but what do expect playing with the likes of Corey Perry and Pronger(no more obviously).

Speaking of Malkin he could go either way, the only thing I'm certain about is the top 2 Ovechkin 1.a) Crosby 1.b) and than you can debate whoever you want to fill out the rest of the list.

Old
03-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Dangler99*

Malkin is not Comparable to Sid and Ovie.

Old
03-13-2010, 09:43 PM
TheGoldenJet

I thought Malkin had a spectacular Olympics, better than both Sid and Ovie in fact.

If anything this tournament strengthened the case for him to be in contention in the "Big 3" talk.

Closed Thread