HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What about Shvidki

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Patch101

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
What about Shvidki

What about Shvidki?

Would Edmonton be intrested in picking up this guy? Sounds like our kind of guy 6-2, 200 lbs former 1st rounder.

I know we're stacked in depth but sounds like he's ganna go cheap if not on waivers but you guys think we could move Moreau for him.

On another note we should give Tkaczuk an AHL Contract. He did good a two sesaons ago in Calgary (11pts in 19games) and would be very good AHL Depth.

SM

Old
09-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Cerebral

A lot of speculation has Shvidki being let loose in the waiver draft due to his relatively large contract and unimpressive stats thus far. I believe Moreau only makes $0.4 million more than Schvidki and he is, in my opinion, a much more valuable player. If Moreau gets moved, it will be to make room for Torres/Rita/Chimera/Pisani, not for another underachieving first rounder.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:44 PM
PigeonCamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
A lot of speculation has Shvidki being let loose in the waiver draft due to his relatively large contract and unimpressive stats thus far. I believe Moreau only makes $0.4 million more than Schvidki and he is, in my opinion, a much more valuable player. If Moreau gets moved, it will be to make room for Torres/Rita/Chimera/Pisani, not for another underachieving first rounder.
He might be in a similar situation to what Dan Cleary experienced this year...without the buyout. If the economics could be worked out, I think he'd be worth looking at though.

As for Tkachuk, if he can be signed to play in Toronto, I'm all for it.

Old
09-26-2003, 01:20 PM
outKast*

Shvidki was supposedly the next coming of a Pavel Bure-<i>ish</i> type player. he hasnt panned out, but he's still very young. He would be a good pickup, but i don't see him reaching his potential in Edmonton. We have too many forwards and not enough spots as it is. He would be great for a team like Minesota, Nashiville or even Columbus. There he could break out and realize his potential. not in Edmonton though. He could just be our next Dan Cleary.

Old
09-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
Shvidki was supposedly the next coming of a Pavel Bure-<i>ish</i> type player. he hasnt panned out, but he's still very young. He would be a good pickup, but i don't see him reaching his potential in Edmonton. We have too many forwards and not enough spots as it is. He would be great for a team like Minesota, Nashiville or even Columbus. There he could break out and realize his potential. not in Edmonton though. He could just be our next Dan Cleary.
Maybe, but maybe he'll be one of those guys that will just take off in another system, but your right he could also be another Cleary. Consider though he's only ever been on one team (A pretty bad one at that too....) he may also of been pushed to hard in the Florida system with those expectations. I don't know just seems like one of those guys that you have or should take a risk on.

SM

Old
09-27-2003, 03:37 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch101
I don't know just seems like one of those guys that you have or should take a risk on.
He makes way too much IMO for the Oilers to just take a risk on him. He'd be burried in the depth charts in Edmonton and not nearly worth the $1 200 000 he is making this season We haven't had a lot of luck in turning relatively high picks from other teams into superstar talents either (read: Cleary, Moreau, Green, Brown etc.)

Closed Thread