HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Win A Thriller 3-2

Old
03-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Maybe...but it was restored with the nice goal in the third!

Anyways, I should be on my way out. It's funny how once I've got a few minutes to cool down (after a loss), I don't mind the little jabs from Habs fans anymore. The rivalry is much more "friendly" once the game ends...LOL

Anyways, you guys chill in seventh, I think we can keep eighth. Let's take out the Caps and Pitt in the first round, eh?

Just gonna throw it out there (even though the chances of it happening are virtually none)...how about a B's-Habs Eastern Conference Final matchup as the 7th/8th seeds. I need to go change my pants now.
hehe...I could have been alot worse. I think my comment was quite tame from what I have seen in the past years.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 10:33 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
It's just that you guys have been consistantly bringing it to our faces last year, especially since it was our centenial. I though it was classless, and even though us habs fans aren't perfect, I feel that we haven't been laughing at you guys like you did us last year... but anyways, I'll stop now. Good luck in the playoffs dear Bruins and I really hope we meet in the finals to revive the great rivalry that we have going on. As a Habs fan, it wouldn't be the same NHL without the Bruins. I'm happy you guys are our arch rivals. Boston Montréal games are fun to watch.
I respect how you feel. But, you should know (and you probably do), you'll feel that way no matter what because you're a Habs fan, no matter how it actually is, and the same goes for me and other Bruins fans.

I never came over to the Habs board to brag about a win EVER...even last year when we were having a great year against you guys...it's just entirely pointless...I don't have the whole "be a dick" syndrome after things go my way, I'd rather just celebrate with my fellow fans.

Both fanbases troll, trust me. As I said, "do you want a tissue with that loss?" among others (which I can't repeat or else this entire post will be gone) were happening on the B's board as soon as the game was over. I understand it's not all of you, and most of you are classy fans who are just excited to see your team win...honestly, who would I be to fault you for that?

When all is said and done, as you've already said, this is an awesome rivalry. To me, the games haven't been as emotionally charged this season as I would have hoped, but I'm still pretty excited heading into the playoffs, hoping we miraculously meet up again (7/8 seed in the ECF's...book it )

Thought it was a fun game (other than the fact that we basically lost on a goaltending gaffe), and look forward to more in the future, hopefully soon.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 10:35 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
hehe...I could have been alot worse. I think my comment was quite tame from what I have seen in the past years.
Ha...your comment was nothing...didn't even bug me really, but as I said, this **** doesn't even bother me however ridiculous it is once the game's been done for a few minutes.

Good game. Cheers.

Old
03-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I respect how you feel. But, you should know (and you probably do), you'll feel that way no matter what because you're a Habs fan, no matter how it actually is, and the same goes for me and other Bruins fans.

I never came over to the Habs board to brag about a win EVER...even last year when we were having a great year against you guys...it's just entirely pointless...I don't have the whole "be a dick" syndrome after things go my way, I'd rather just celebrate with my fellow fans.

Both fanbases troll, trust me. As I said, "do you want a tissue with that loss?" among others (which I can't repeat or else this entire post will be gone) were happening on the B's board as soon as the game was over. I understand it's not all of you, and most of you are classy fans who are just excited to see your team win...honestly, who would I be to fault you for that?

When all is said and done, as you've already said, this is an awesome rivalry. To me, the games haven't been as emotionally charged this season as I would have hoped, but I'm still pretty excited heading into the playoffs, hoping we miraculously meet up again (7/8 seed in the ECF's...book it )

Thought it was a fun game (other than the fact that we basically lost on a goaltending gaffe), and look forward to more in the future, hopefully soon.
If it makes you feel better, I think those habs fans who troll are dicks.

I'm actually only still on to buy a Price/Rask card online /10.

I just won it I liked the hit. I think it was late, but it was well worth it. ( the penalty)

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Maliki2

Whos calling on CJAD...Laps 4th star? WTF?!?! LOL

Old
03-13-2010, 10:43 PM
LesHabsRock

Now imagine if Ottawa loses to the Canucks tonight. Imagine Only 3 points back of them. Oh, and we also gained a point on Buffalo who lost to the Wings in OT tonight. Just saying

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 10:44 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Whos calling on CJAD...Laps 4th star? WTF?!?! LOL
LOL If there's a Hab I dislike it's Yappy. We should have traded him alongside Latendresse, but Minny probably didn't want him.

About the whole trolling thing, I have one thing to say. It's cool to keep out the trolls, and I understand that it's a hard job for the mods, but I just wish they left a little margin for us that want to discuss. As we say up East : "ils ont la mèche courte".

To Les Habs Rock. Yeah I'm watching the game and rooting for the Cannucks all the way !

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Bulis hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Yeah ! Yeah ! Can't wait for the playoffs. Yeah !

As I said at the end of the PGT : It sucks to see that some people never recognize their errors. Because I remember last year. Everything fell apart for us and the Bruins fans were the first one to crap on us. Something that we never did this year when the same thing happened to them. And I though we were supposed to be the homer bunch of the NHL. Bullish.
Let's not make ourselves look like saints here. Nowhere else do people like to "crap on" the bruins as much as we do. The only reason we are not doing it as much now is that the Bruins just lost Savard to a very cheap shot and that lowered our hatred for that team.

But any other year, especially 2 years ago, we were just as bad to them as they were with us last year.

Bulis hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 10:46 PM
la25ecoupe

exiting game?? thriller??? i was at the bell and it was... soso game..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulis hit View Post
Let's not make ourselves look like saints here. Nowhere else do people like to "crap on" the bruins as much as we do. The only reason we are not doing it as much now is that the Bruins just lost Savard to a very cheap shot and that lowered our hatred for that team.

But any other year, especially 2 years ago, we were just as bad to them as they were with us last year.
Well when I turned on NESN today just prior to knowing I had it on CBC and heard Edwards talking about the Habs trying get to get back at the Bruins for the embarrassing year last year, I wished nothing but the worst for the Bruins.

Old
03-13-2010, 10:55 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If it makes you feel better, I think those habs fans who troll are dicks.

I'm actually only still on to buy a Price/Rask card online /10.

I just won it I liked the hit. I think it was late, but it was well worth it. ( the penalty)
I wouldn't expect anything less of actual fans than to hate trolls, whether they're yours or others...I can't say I haven't traded jabs with Habs fans on the Habs board, but I would never come over after a B's victor over the Habs to just **** on the fanbase. Sometimes I turn into a jerk because I've been baited by someone (I bite all the time ), but starting **** just to start **** isn't my game.

And, hey...the AKost hit was illegal, it was a penalty, but I'm sure if it was the other way around, I would've loved it. Clearly, I'm not the biggest AK fan, but he's got undeniable talent...and every now and then he's got a little fire and physical play, and it's always cool to see players break out of their shell. First and foremost, I'd like to think I can respect good hockey, even if its at the expense of showing, God forbid, respect for the opponent.

Old
03-13-2010, 11:04 PM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
we suck, we got lucky, 0-4 in playoffs with whatever team
lol you sure you're a fan?

oleHABSole* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 11:06 PM
CGG

Pretty sad when your best forward game in and game out is 42-year old Mark Recchi.

I'm glad Lapierre is back, it's been a while since I saw a 2-on-1 when you knew for certain that the puck carrier wasn't even considering passing the puck. Still, Lapierre is better than Maxwell. But that's not saying much.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 11:07 PM
totalrecall

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleHABSole View Post
lol you sure you're a fan?
Sigh, do I need to hold a sarcasm sign in my hands?

Ok let me try this again

I was just being sarcastic. It was a joke

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

Spotcheck had one of his best games today, thats what ive been expecting. Moen won battles left, right and centre. He played a fantastic "workers" game. Both Andrei's had a little mean streak going tonight, i liked it. Gio-Go-Pou was solid again.

Boston didnt have many quality opportunities and thats the way the Habs play. Halak did however make a great save on Sturm to preserve the lead.

Another intelligent game from the Habs.

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 11:08 PM
CGG

Quote:
I love it when big bad Lucie gets destroyed and everyone calls for a suspension.
Really?? That was only a borderline penalty and far cleaner than a bunch of stuff the Bruins did in the third period. Way to go Lucic for cancelling out the power play by punching AKost while the refs were leading him to the penalty box. Plays like that, along with his 7 goals, are surely worth $4.5 million per year.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I wouldn't expect anything less of actual fans than to hate trolls, whether they're yours or others...I can't say I haven't traded jabs with Habs fans on the Habs board, but I would never come over after a B's victor over the Habs to just **** on the fanbase. Sometimes I turn into a jerk because I've been baited by someone (I bite all the time ), but starting **** just to start **** isn't my game.

And, hey...the AKost hit was illegal, it was a penalty, but I'm sure if it was the other way around, I would've loved it. Clearly, I'm not the biggest AK fan, but he's got undeniable talent...and every now and then he's got a little fire and physical play, and it's always cool to see players break out of their shell. First and foremost, I'd like to think I can respect good hockey, even if its at the expense of showing, God forbid, respect for the opponent.
Exactly, if Lucic was on my team and AK was on yours, I'd say it was late too, which it is.

I bite too. Posted something at a B's fan in the thread on the main board thing. It was a good game. Tough loss for the Bs, but huge win for the habs. Proud of the boys tonight and Akost.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 11:10 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
Pretty sad when your best forward game in and game out is 42-year old Mark Recchi.

I'm glad Lapierre is back, it's been a while since I saw a 2-on-1 when you knew for certain that the puck carrier wasn't even considering passing the puck. Still, Lapierre is better than Maxwell. But that's not saying much.
LOL...I don't know what you're talking about...most of us are not pleased at all with how Recchi has performed this season...

Game in and game out best forward this year has been Patrice Bergeron...Mark Recchi has been one of the worst.

Seriously wondering though...where are you getting this? Is this just your opinion watching the B's game or did some Bruins fan say it, or what?

Old
03-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Pandemic

Quote:
LOL...I don't know what you're talking about...most of us are not pleased at all with how Recchi has performed this season...

Game in and game out best forward this year has been Patrice Bergeron...Mark Recchi has been one of the worst.

Seriously wondering though...where are you getting this? Is this just your opinion watching the B's game or did some Bruins fan say it, or what?
I don't think there has been a single game this year where Bergeron hasn't been the Bruins' best forward lol.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
Really?? That was only a borderline penalty and far cleaner than a bunch of stuff the Bruins did in the third period. Way to go Lucic for cancelling out the power play by punching AKost while the refs were leading him to the penalty box. Plays like that, along with his 7 goals, are surely worth $4.5 million per year.
My point. I'm not a fan...hes a plug. And Bs fans were calling him a first line player last year...LOL! What a waste of money between him, and Timmah and Ryder, they sure screwed the pooch! Good for them!

Old
oleHABSole*

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
Sigh, do I need to hold a sarcasm sign in my hands?

Ok let me try this again

I was just being sarcastic. It was a joke
O.K

oleHABSole* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 11:15 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
My point. I'm not a fan...hes a plug. And Bs fans were calling him a first line player last year...LOL! What a waste of money between him, and Timmah and Ryder, they sure screwed the pooch! Good for them!
He was a first line player last year because he opened up room for a very successful and productive Kessel-Savvy-Looch line...he wasn't being "called a first line player"; he was effectively playing on the first line...

What's going to be big this offseason is getting a good pick and drafting an explosive forward that can hopefully operate alongside Savvy with Looch on the other wing (eventually). Until then, with both Savvy out and no elite winger (yup, I can see why you guys didn't like Ryder the last year), he is deligated to a grinding role. Based on his contract, it sucks...but hey, that doesn't kick in until next season, anyways...

We shall see.

Old
03-13-2010, 11:15 PM
totalrecall

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleHABSole View Post
O.K
P.S. I like your avatar

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
He was a first line player last year because he opened up room for a very successful and productive Kessel-Savvy-Looch line...he wasn't being "called a first line player"; he was effectively playing on the first line...

What's going to be big this offseason is getting a good pick and drafting an explosive forward that can hopefully operate alongside Savvy with Looch on the other wing (eventually). Until then, with both Savvy out and no elite winger (yup, I can see why you guys didn't like Ryder the last year), he is deligated to a grinding role. Based on his contract, it sucks...but hey, that doesn't kick in until next season, anyways...

We shall see.
Actually we was being called a "first line player" by Bruins fans. The same fans that were saying trading Komi for Looch straight up on penalties was bad for the Bruins. The fact is, anyone who plays with Kessel and Savard would see their stats padded. Thats what happened with Looch and we are seeing exactly that problem. Hes just another plugger in the NHL. Nothing special. Unfortunately for the Bruins they bought into it and OVERPAID by alot. And they will pay for it for years.

Old
03-13-2010, 11:34 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Actually we was being called a "first line player" by Bruins fans. The same fans that were saying trading Komi for Looch straight up on penalties was bad for the Bruins. The fact is, anyone who plays with Kessel and Savard would see their stats padded. Thats what happened with Looch and we are seeing exactly that problem. Hes just another plugger in the NHL. Nothing special. Unfortunately for the Bruins they bought into it and OVERPAID by alot. And they will pay for it for years.
And you don't feel that the fact that you're a Habs fan and I'm sure you hate the guy contributes to your rather harsh opinion of him?

Trust me, we all hate the contract. **** that contract. Lucic knew he had the B's brass by the balls and took advantage of it (as almost all professional athletes minus David Krejci, and a few others would have)...but, the kid is 21. You could never objectively argue, to me, that he didn't look damn good in his role last year.

Lucic is a special player (or at least has the potential to be a special player), and it's acknowledged by lots of people/fans other than Bruins' ones, around the league. Not saying the guy is "the next Cam Neely" as is sometimes tagged (or was), but to call him "nothing more than a plug"...that's just not right...and there's plenty of your own fans who can back that up.

edit: it's also important to note in this post that Habs fans and Bruins fans watch a different style of hockey. It is not necessary for the first line to be three skill guys, as is the rule in MTL. The two teams have always had different styles of drafting, coaching, executing the game etc. If Lucic can play on the first line, and that first line is a top half of the league first line, production wise, then by all means, he is a first liner.

As I said, we shall see.