HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings ink Brayden Schenn

Old
03-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Looks standard to me.
Come on, Telos, really? You really don't see how it's higher than any other 5th overall pick got or how the pattern for signed 2009 picks goes decreasing-decreasing-decreasing-increasing-decreasing-decreasing? It's a bit higher than standard.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 152
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Come on, Telos, really? You really don't see how it's higher than any other 5th overall pick got or how the pattern for signed 2009 picks goes decreasing-decreasing-decreasing-increasing-decreasing-decreasing? It's a bit higher than standard.
Are you trying to compare those defensemen and goaltender to a top 6 center? I see how the market went this year, it decreases all the way down to Kane and Schenn. They got straight up, market value on the year. I don't see your mathematical argument at all. When in context, the deal is perfectly acceptable for a 2009 top 5 pick. Does it really bother you that Schenn is getting $40k more in bonuses over Kane?

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Are you trying to compare those defensemen and goaltender to a top 6 center? I see how the market went this year, it decreases all the way down to Kane and Schenn. They got straight up, market value on the year. I don't see your mathematical argument at all. When in context, the deal is perfectly acceptable for a 2009 top 5 pick. Does it really bother you that Schenn is getting $40k more in bonuses over Kane?
His slot is further down the list, about $100,000-150,000 lower than Kane's deal. In other words, his deal is about $140,000-190,000 more than standard (i.e. a bit higher than standard). If there was a bonus cushion in every year of his deal, I wouldn't care much. But since one and possibly both of the next two seasons will have no bonus cushion, I do care. A bit.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 152
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
$200k is really nothing. We wouldn't have signed it if we thought it would become a problem of any sort. I am sure we are fine and his cap hit is reasonable for what he is and his role in the organization.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 09:47 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
There is no bonus cushion in the final season of the CBA. Right now, 2010-11 is the final season of the CBA (though the NHLPA has the right to extend the CBA for a year).
Did not know that. Thanks.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 10:43 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

They should brand the players.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 10:55 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Didn't want to start a new thread. Schenn finished his regular season with Brandon today. 99 points in 59 games. If he's awesome in camp, do we still put him on the Monarchs? And if he gets a roster spot, where does he fit and who do we sit?

Old
03-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Didn't want to start a new thread. Schenn finished his regular season with Brandon today. 99 points in 59 games. If he's awesome in camp, do we still put him on the Monarchs? And if he gets a roster spot, where does he fit and who do we sit?
He can't play for the Monarchs next season.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 11:11 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
He can't play for the Monarchs next season.
I'm not too savvy on the restrictions and whatnot. Age?

Old
03-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
I'm not too savvy on the restrictions and whatnot. Age?
Yep. You have to be 20 to play in the AHL.

Personally, I can't stand this rule. We have & have had prospect that have proven they can play & dominate in juniors, who might not be ready for the jump to the NHL. It'd be nice to be able to take them to the next step - the AHL. But you can't do it. It's either juniors or the NHL.
I'm not 100% sure why the rule was put in place. I think it had to do with AHL teams sapping the top talent away from Canadian junior leagues. Still, I'd like to see it altered. Maybe allow each AHL team to have 2 players 18-20.

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 11:54 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
Yep. You have to be 20 to play in the AHL.

Personally, I can't stand this rule. We have & have had prospect that have proven they can play & dominate in juniors, who might not be ready for the jump to the NHL. It'd be nice to be able to take them to the next step - the AHL. But you can't do it. It's either juniors or the NHL.
I'm not 100% sure why the rule was put in place. I think it had to do with AHL teams sapping the top talent away from Canadian junior leagues. Still, I'd like to see it altered. Maybe allow each AHL team to have 2 players 18-20.
Well that's a bummer. Schenn's really got nothing left to prove in juniors. Almost makes me wish we weren't so deep at center right now...or am I just ?