HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Win A Thriller 3-2

Old
03-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
What's up at all these color guys recently going bat**** loco @ Canadiens players.
They be hatin' and we ain't carin'.

*INSERT FUNNY GIF OF CHUBBY DUDE WALKING PROUDLY HERE*

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:07 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Oh...well I watched the CBC feed live, and Carbonneau is right there with Millen on calling out AK for the hit...

And, of course, Bob Cole is just kind of confused as to his surroundings...seriously though...put that guy out to pasture.
seems everyone is still sensitive after that Savard hit. I didnt like the hit all that much, was late. Couldnt see if it was shooulder to the head though.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:07 AM
holyhabs

It was not a dirty hit at all.

Lucic had just passed the puck which made it very arguable as to whether the hit was late or not.

It was clearly a shoulder to chest so it was not a blow to the head.

Lucic was also facing Akost so it was a not a blindside/behind the back hit. Lucic was admiring his pass and got crushed.

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:10 AM
GrumpyJ
My name is Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
What's up with all these color guys recently going bat**** loco @ Canadiens players.
I really wouldn't take it personally...LOL...I doubt it has to do with the logo on the sweater, especially considering Guy Carbonneau was in on this one.

While you guys may not agree with the Lapierre suspension, I think it's pretty important to at least understand and respect why Ferraro acted the way he did. Maybe the hit wasn't as vicious as he seemed to imply, but it was a scary looking play, and could have ended up a lot worse. Lapierre does have a reputation in this league, and whether or not you feel he deserved the suspension, I really don't think the reason for Ferraro's tone was "Hab hate"...he was genuinely shocked at what he had seen in real time.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:22 AM
zx81

Nice win but the game wasn't that exciting though.

S. Kost. is playing great right now. and he's playing with confidence.

Moore is a great pickup so far.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:27 AM
GrumpyJ
My name is Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
seems everyone is still sensitive after that Savard hit. I didnt like the hit all that much, was late. Couldnt see if it was shooulder to the head though.
Ehhh...I mean I do believe it was tad late...but I can't say it was "dirty"...I don't know if I'd go describing any late hit as "clean"...but nonetheless, it was a penalty.

He did catch his head with his shoulder...but it's one of those plays where it's not like he could have hit him any other way...far different from the Savard hit, obviously, where Cooke aimed for the head with his arm/elbow/shoulder...

But, yeah, right on. Bruins fans (I am one, trust me I know), are very sensitive after the Savard hit. Over on our board no one was really going hog-wild saying the hit was "dirty" but more that Lucic should come out of the box and pound Kostitsyn...but, that's just because we sort of hate the Kostitsyn's.

Anyways, I'm hoping to find a way into the game on Thursday, and we're already planning chants and what not to remind the B's to go after Cooke, NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCES. Whatever happens to him, it's not just payback for Marc Savard or the Bruins. This is going to be payback for all the cheapshots he has taken, and for all the players he has injured, and all the fans he has pissed off...find a way to watch the game on Thursday, there hasn't been this much build-up for a regular season game in Boston in a LOOOONG TIME.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
They be hatin' and we ain't carin'.

*INSERT FUNNY GIF OF CHUBBY DUDE WALKING PROUDLY HERE*
Haters gonna hate!

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:59 AM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
O'byrne had a hell of a game.

edit : a funny quote by cbc : Rask up to the task. Hehehe.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:59 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
I really wouldn't take it personally...LOL...I doubt it has to do with the logo on the sweater, especially considering Guy Carbonneau was in on this one.

While you guys may not agree with the Lapierre suspension, I think it's pretty important to at least understand and respect why Ferraro acted the way he did. Maybe the hit wasn't as vicious as he seemed to imply, but it was a scary looking play, and could have ended up a lot worse. Lapierre does have a reputation in this league, and whether or not you feel he deserved the suspension, I really don't think the reason for Ferraro's tone was "Hab hate"...he was genuinely shocked at what he had seen in real time.
Lapierre has a reputation of being a ***** and a big mouth, but he isn`t known for being a dirty player.

That said, I toally believe that the suspension was way overblown and Matt Cooke not getting one is even worse. It's a freaking travesty.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:17 AM
habsman56
Habs&Hoops

Definately one of my favourite Kostitsyn moments.

habsman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsman56 View Post

Definately one of my favourite Kostitsyn moments.
honestly, im surprised they didnt take him out on a stretcher, im surprised he was able to get up so fast, cuz that shoulda put him OUT< atta boy andrei

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:49 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack
Martin is going to look silly if Halak repeats last night. Going by his goalie strategy, Price would of started tonight. That being said, the chance that Halak craps two straight starts isn't very probable.

I really want to see Pouliot and/or AK with 2 tonight. There's going to be a 2 goal scorrer tonight.
I'm awesome.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:52 AM
StellerEller

vCash: 351
Markov really impressed me. Im glad hs bounced back from mediocre play to his usual stellar self. Good for Sk too tonight, I hope he starts providing more points along with moore, to complement our secondary scoring. I also wouldnt mind if he finally would get a little PP time. Great game, love to beat those Bs.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:55 AM
LesCanadiens

There is no way that was a late hit....not even close. It was a textbook case of getting nailed watching your pass.

Kudos to AK for playing balls to the wall. Never thought he had it in him....it's a great surprise.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 03:40 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
I still don't understand why he opts for a 1-4 passive approach with a 1 goal lead midway through the 3rd period. I don't purport to be a coaching expert or anything but has that strategy EVER worked after the lockout? I mean, I guess it's fine against Boston, but we'll get smoked by Pittsburgh or Washington if we carry on that shoddy passive play.

Good win tonight, well earned. 5 straight wins!!
We're getting mixed messages here because Kirk Muller was saying after two periods about how they told the team not to sit back but go for the 3rd goal. Then Carbo later mentioned that its not necessarily the coach preaching the players to sit back, but rather it could be the players just sitting back because they are too comfortable.

Whether its the players not listening or the coaches being too passive with their approach, we can all agree that the team isn't great at nursing leads and its an area that needs improvement.

As for the game itself, I was really happy with the play of Spacek particularly his shooting from the point. He was shooting the puck low, hard, and on net on one timers. Its the first time all year that his shot looks like its in control. If he can continue shooting like that, I would not hesitate to put him with Markov on the #1 PP unit (until bergy is back). It also makes you speculate even more about an injury affecting his shot for the majority of the season because the difference tonight was that noticeable.

I'm also very happy with the play of Gomez in this home stand. His skating looks as good as it has all year and its letting his other skills come out.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 03:46 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Watched the game now and a few thoughts.

Dominic Moore was amazing. Seriously, the guy is so good.

Both Kostitsyn brothers had strong games.

Halak was as close to perfect as you can expect. Very little chance on both goals and that third period save was incredible.

O'Byrne had a solid game as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:38 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
LOL...I keep waiting for someone to say it and everyone to go nuts...that second color guy whom you all are criticizing?

Allright, brace yourselves:

It's Guy Carbonneau.
Your posts are slowly becoming annoying !
By the way love the Kosty hit on Lucy, i believe she broke a nail or got a run in her stockings. It was legal.

Last edited by PunkinDrublic*: 03-14-2010 at 04:44 AM.
PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Varlan

Less than half a second isn't a late hit.

Varlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 06:45 AM
linp

It is very satisfying to pay it back to Lucic. Seeing that he lost his cool and drew a penalty is icing on the cake. Made my night!

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

I also wanted to congratulate the team on hitting .500 hockey again! FINALLY! WOOO!

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Don't know if any of you guys check the game photos on the Habs website but there is an awesome shot of Pleks trying to deke Rask.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm

Check the pics of game 70 for a better quality version.

I don't normally check them but I wanted to see if they had one of AK laying out Lucic and I saw that Pleks pic. Frickin' sweet, not seen a shot from that angle before, looks like a freeze frame from a computer game. It doubt it was taken from a net cam cos if Plek had an open side like that, he'd have scored. So I guess they have a clear gap in the boards they can shoot through because I don't know how else they could get a shot that low during the game. Anyone seen any similar shots to this before or know where they shoot through to get that?

It would make a great wallpaper but it's a getty images shot so I doubt the Habs can put it on their site big enough for a wallpaper (unless they have a deal to use shots in hi res for such purposes).

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:44 AM
HomaridII

Great About Last Night from Boone ...

http://habsinsideout.com/boone/31129

And no matter what happens, there's the satisfaction of taking five of six games from Boston.

Spend St. Paddy's sucking on that, Bruins fans.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 08:41 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

For all interested in the A.K on Lucie hit:

Atta boy!!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Netro

You see this hit on replay, in slow mo and it does look late. But in real time, I am not certain.

Here is the thing - Lucic admires his pass, and that is a big no no. Kostitsyn catches him with his shoulder in the head but partially because Lucic admires his pass.

Is it a penalty? Is it dirty? Is it a headshot? Not sure. I do appreciate getting dirty, blind head shots out of the game but players have to protect themselves. To me, this is apples and oranges to other incidents a la Cooke.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 09:01 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netro View Post
You see this hit on replay, in slow mo and it does look late. But in real time, I am not certain.

Here is the thing - Lucic admires his pass, and that is a big no no. Kostitsyn catches him with his shoulder in the head but partially because Lucic admires his pass.

Is it a penalty? Is it dirty? Is it a headshot? Not sure. I do appreciate getting dirty, blind head shots out of the game but players have to protect themselves. To me, this is apples and oranges to other incidents a la Cooke.
It's definitely legal but late, in today's rule set.

If next year's rules we're in place, my interpretation would just be a 2 mins for interference (what A.K got) because he hit him head on.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote