HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Win A Thriller 3-2

Old
03-14-2010, 09:31 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
It was not a dirty hit at all.

Lucic had just passed the puck which made it very arguable as to whether the hit was late or not.

It was clearly a shoulder to chest so it was not a blow to the head.

Lucic was also facing Akost so it was a not a blindside/behind the back hit. Lucic was admiring his pass and got crushed.
Very true....what is funny here, is if it had been Lucic that had done that to Akost it would have been just good ol tough hockey, Bruins hockey......Live by the sword, die by the sword...it was a good hit, and give Akost credit for letting up, he could have destroyed Lucic...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 09:34 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
For all interested in the A.K on Lucie hit:

Atta boy!!
What did Cherry say about the hit?

I bet you he said Lucic needs to keep his head up and quit admiring the pass, because if AKost is that player in that position and Lucic is coming in he is finishing the hit too!

Players in venerable positions need to be aware on the ice as much as the guy coming to hit him. This is nothing like the Cooke and Savard hit, Millen and Carbonneau are idiots.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Ehhh...I mean I do believe it was tad late...but I can't say it was "dirty"...I don't know if I'd go describing any late hit as "clean"...but nonetheless, it was a penalty.

He did catch his head with his shoulder...but it's one of those plays where it's not like he could have hit him any other way...far different from the Savard hit, obviously, where Cooke aimed for the head with his arm/elbow/shoulder...

But, yeah, right on. Bruins fans (I am one, trust me I know), are very sensitive after the Savard hit. Over on our board no one was really going hog-wild saying the hit was "dirty" but more that Lucic should come out of the box and pound Kostitsyn...but, that's just because we sort of hate the Kostitsyn's.

Anyways, I'm hoping to find a way into the game on Thursday, and we're already planning chants and what not to remind the B's to go after Cooke, NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCES. Whatever happens to him, it's not just payback for Marc Savard or the Bruins. This is going to be payback for all the cheapshots he has taken, and for all the players he has injured, and all the fans he has pissed off...find a way to watch the game on Thursday, there hasn't been this much build-up for a regular season game in Boston in a LOOOONG TIME.

Look who's a Habs fan!

Why else would you post here like crazy? Let's get this guy a new avatar, people.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
That was a great hit on Lucic. I don`t know why people were saying it was dirty. Lucic got caught admiring his pass and he paid the price for it.

My three stars.

Andrei, Sergei
Marky

HM to Moore, and Rask. Even though he is the opposing goalie, he made a bunch of key saves to keep this close. If his team was any good, maybe it could have turned out differently for him. Sound familiar?
Why did he even get a penalty there? I understand the Bruins are a little sensitive about hits of any kind but what was that all about? Then Lucic gets up and punches him? I thought it was a great hit - it wasn't late and was nowhere near Lucic's head - straight up shoulder to shoulder hit. And Kostitsyn definitely held up - he could have absolutely crushed him and it would have been just as legal. I give the guy credit for not being a total dickbag - if the tables were turned Lucic would have absolutely buried him.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
LOL...I keep waiting for someone to say it and everyone to go nuts...that second color guy whom you all are criticizing?

Allright, brace yourselves:

It's Guy Carbonneau.
Yeah it's almost as crazy as Millbury defending a Habs player.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:58 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
What did Cherry say about the hit?

I bet you he said Lucic needs to keep his head up and quit admiring the pass, because if AKost is that player in that position and Lucic is coming in he is finishing the hit too!

Players in venerable positions need to be aware on the ice as much as the guy coming to hit him. This is nothing like the Cooke and Savard hit, Millen and Carbonneau are idiots.
Yep, maybe a bit late, but not enough to be called dirty... and these idiots should know that if the hit was to the head, Lucic would have been KO and he would have left on a stretcher like Savard, Booth... and AK with the Sauer hit. IT WAS NOT A HIT TO THE HEAD.

It was a great shoulder to shoulder hit and Lucic got rocked!

BTW... looking at the replay there was a beautiful interference call that should have been giving to Wheeler...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Carbonneau sounds drunk in that commentary

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

@ 5:00 there's Millbury's comments on the hit for those who didn't see it and want to.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Ross MacLochness

Oh my **** what a great hit by Andrei. Damn I wish I saw this live. Can just picture the look on Bruins fans faces when that happened.

And this ain't the first time Akost knocked Lucic on his arse. He always plays like this against the Bruins, needs to play with that fire all the time.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Why did he even get a penalty there? I understand the Bruins are a little sensitive about hits of any kind but what was that all about? Then Lucic gets up and punches him? I thought it was a great hit - it wasn't late and was nowhere near Lucic's head - straight up shoulder to shoulder hit. And Kostitsyn definitely held up - he could have absolutely crushed him and it would have been just as legal. I give the guy credit for not being a total dickbag - if the tables were turned Lucic would have absolutely buried him.
The penalty wasn't for the type of hit, which wasn't dirty. I believe the referee awarded it for interference.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Crystal Met

BOOM ak nailed him hahaha! miss lucic cant take a hit and he's all pissed off hahah ! ak is a MONSTER ( yes mcguire)

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Taupy

Wow, people on CKAC are calling it a head shot and dirty

Taupy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:49 PM
duckchobbins

very entertaining game. i had a question for any of you guys at the game though. on the bruins broadcast i heard a "bruuuuuiiins bruuuuiiins" chant, and then it sounded like a "fudge" the bruins clap clap clapclapclap" chant. if so, that is hilarious, so hopefully i was hearing it correctly

at any rate, great game the other night. not the final result i had hoped for, but a good one to watch anyways.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:53 PM
habsrule4eva3089

Um anyone have the link to the pregame ceremony honoring the Canadian athletes?! I missed it and just wanted to have a peak! lol

habsrule4eva3089 is offline   Reply With Quote